Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Scott Berg > Reviews

Browse

Scott Berg's Profile

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott Berg RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sony Walkman NWZA17SLV 64 GB Hi-Res Digital Music Player (Silver)
Sony Walkman NWZA17SLV 64 GB Hi-Res Digital Music Player (Silver)
Price: $298.00
26 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars b) had great battery life and c) did not sacrifice sound quality ..., March 31, 2016
There are many reviews about this player by people who know a lot more than I do about the technical aspects. My review is from the standpoint of the NWZ-A17 with MDR-1ABT Headphones because at long last, I wanted to have a headphone/player combo that was a) wireless, b) had great battery life and c) did not sacrifice sound quality in pursuit of a and b. By those measures, this player delivers big time. A couple of years ago, I started ripping everything in ALAC but bought a few Hi-Res albums to test on this player (specifically Billy Joel, Eagles, Rod Stewart and The Knack, so all from the same general era of recording quality and technique). The only bummer about this player is that it does not support DSD files and that's only a bummer because I wanted to try them.

Utilizing the Sony LDAC Bluetooth, this combination sounds fantastic. A little pricey, but what a great combo. I'm very pleased.

iPhone 5S Charger, 6 Ft iPhone 6S Charger F-color Apple Certified Nylon Braided Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone 6S 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 iPhone SE, iPad Air 2 mini 2 3 4 iPad Pro iPod Touch 5 Orange

1.0 out of 5 stars Look great, poor quality, March 31, 2016
I really wanted to like these and thought that the braided material would make them more reliable. I bought three of these in January and 60 days later all of them have failed.

Amazon Music with Prime Music [Mac]
Amazon Music with Prime Music [Mac]
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible app, March 24, 2015
A classic case of it wasn't broken and didn't need to be fixed. I have purchased a lot of music from Amazon over the years. It used to be so easy to download right from the browser. But that wasn't ok, so we needed to have the Amazon MP3 Downloader. Well ok, I didn't really want that but fine. At least I could make that work. Because of (I'm guessing) my large library, this app constantly hangs, doesn't recognize music I just purchased, is slow for searching and if that wasn't enough--not that I care about this too much--always gives me an error on the rare occasion I want to play Prime Music. I wouldn't even write a review for this except I hold out a small glimmer of hope that Amazon reads these and will let us have straight downloads back instead of this piece of garbage.

To Boot New York Men's Brennan Boot,Cognac,11 M US
To Boot New York Men's Brennan Boot,Cognac,11 M US

2.0 out of 5 stars My first To Boot NY return..., December 9, 2014
I'm a huge fan of To Boot NY and have probably had at least 10 different pairs over the years. No complaints with the fit here--I took the advice of others and bought a half size down and had no problem. My problem with these is the burnished part of the toe. It looks like a really cheap color job. Probably an ok shoe and I have other Cognac colored To Boots that don't have the same issue but these just don't look that great in person, definitely not for the price.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2015 9:22 AM PDT

Transparent Season 1
Transparent Season 1
DVD
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 4, 2014
What a great new series. Well written and great performances. Can't wait for the second season.

Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II Digital Camera - Wi-Fi Enabled
Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II Digital Camera - Wi-Fi Enabled
Price: $699.00
45 used & new from $427.77

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, July 20, 2014
I really wanted to like this camera because I have come to rely on Canon image quality and having owned a 5D Mk I and II, a decent selection of L glass as well as most of the G series, I'm very used to Canon menus. It is unfair perhaps, but I compared this camera for my purposes to the Sony RX100 Mark III and the Fujifilm X100S. I realize many will say--quite rightly--that these are very different cameras but I was looking for one camera for those "grab and go" moments.

I have large hands and the G1X feels very substantial as far as build quality. That heft disqualifies it from being a camera you can put in your pocket. It's even more unwieldy with the optional EVF attached. I found the EVF to be very helpful but adds about another $250 or more to the price of the camera. It's too bad Canon decided to leave it off the camera.

There are some cool and gimmicky features here such as the Creative Shot mode which snaps off 3 consecutive shots then applies filters to them that you might see on your camera phone app. There is also a hybrid shooting mode that shoots 3 seconds of video before each shot which could be very handy on a vacation where you want some audio notes, for example. I tried a few portrait shots with it and the bokeh on the G1X was very impressive for a point and shoot. The wifi feature worked very well on my iPhone 5s.

I've decided to return it because for all of the great things about it, the G1X is really slow to focus and I found myself missing shots in broad daylight. Truth be told, the size and weight of the camera were also a turn off though it should be noted that I'm not entirely happy with the ultra-compact Sony RX100 Mark III, either--but that camera has a built-in EVF.

The bad news is I really wanted to like this camera. The good news is there are many options out there for those of us looking for DSLR alternatives.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2014 3:45 PM PDT

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black
Price: $107.99
9 used & new from $107.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly frustrating experience - networking, June 26, 2014
The scale itself looks great and I used it offline. It's very elegant and feels like good build quality.

But after trying off and on for several hours, it is not possible to get this connected. I'm running a Mac with Mavericks and the setup software simply runs, gets to a point (unfortunately not even the same point of the process every time) and says "Oops, there was a problem." I have sent my scale logs to FitBit but based on the comments here, I do not hold out hope for a quick reply. This is likely going back tomorrow.

Too bad. My wife and I thought we had a winner here.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2014 3:03 PM PDT

To Boot New York Men's Quinn Chelsea Boot,Cognac,11.5 M US
To Boot New York Men's Quinn Chelsea Boot,Cognac,11.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars The Chelsea Boots I always wanted..., March 29, 2014
I've worn various styles of To Boot New York shoes and boots over the past several years. It seems like the first TBNY shoes I purchased ran true to size (I am a true 11.5 D) but lately I've had to check--sometimes it was "buy a half size up," other times "buy a half size down." Happy to report these shoes are right on the money and fit true to size.

I've owned a good number of Chelsea boots over the years by other makers. Probably just part of today's trend, but most of them have a somewhat thicker sole which gives them a chunkier look--great with jeans and chinos, but not something you can really pull off with any kind of dressier look. These are the Chelsea boots I've always imagined. They have a thinner sole and a very sleek, narrow shape at the toe. They fit like a glove and I'm very happy with them.

One small nitpick--the loop on the back of the boot (the one that is used to slip the boot on) is very small and I have a bit of a hard time fitting my finger through it. It's a small annoyance that I will happily live with because the boots look so good and fit so well. I don't consider it enough to knock off a star, but if the loop were slightly larger the boots would be perfect.

TBNY has really hit it out of the park with the Cognac color. As you might be able to tell from the pic, the shoes are darker at the toe and lighter everywhere else giving the boots a vintage look. If you're looking for a dressier pair of Chelsea boots, check these out.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars No joke..., March 18, 2014
You have a choice. You can eat a bunch of these or take Ex-Lax. Only difference being these work a lot faster. I thought it was a joke. These Gummi Bears are no joke. Proceed with caution.

Hugo Boss 'Miles' Sharp Fit Dress Shirt (17.5" Neck 34/35" Sleeve, Light Blue)
Hugo Boss 'Miles' Sharp Fit Dress Shirt (17.5" Neck 34/35" Sleeve, Light Blue)
Offered by Yava Apparel
Price: $95.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, March 18, 2014
Recently bought a suit and needed some shirts to wear with a tie. The Boss Sharp fit shirts are great--slim, but not too slim. I also really appreciate a shirt that comes in a 17.5" neck without ridiculously long sleeves. The white version I ordered of this shirt was so thin as to be see-through but this one rocks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4