Profile for Dschmidt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dschmidt RSS Feed

Red Wing Men's 2991 11" Engineer Boot,Amber ,9.5 D US
Red Wing Men's 2991 11" Engineer Boot,Amber ,9.5 D US
Offered by Sneakers4U
Price: $320.00
3 used & new from $279.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Boots!, January 20, 2012
These boots are great and I have worn them everyday since I got them (about a month straight so far).

The things I love about these boots:

they fit well,
they are made like iron,
they have a good year welt so I can resole them, so with proper care they should last the foreseeable future.
They are a really nice style, I can go from my bike, then out with my friends, and they don't look too biker, under jeans they just look like nice work boots.

I usually wear a 9.5 or a 10 depending on the shoe, so I went with the 9.5 and I have plenty of room in them for heavy socks.

The things that I don't like:

The only reason that I gave them 4 stars is because, for about the first week, they were so excruciatingly painful that I thought I was stuck with 300 dollar boots I could never wear. They take forever to break in but after a month, they are enough of the way there that they have become comfortable to wear all day. I blame the fact that they have nothing but leather insoles, like old boots, so have no padding whatsoever inside of the boot. This is a major problem before the leather breaks in but once it does they conform to your feet nicely. I have a pair of red wing loggers as well and they have a very thin memory foam insole which may be an option for red wing to fix this problem with these boots, but honestly now that I've gotten through the hard part I wouldn't need it.

Over all I love these boots and now that they've broken in I'll wear them forever.