Profile for C. James > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 534

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. James RSS Feed
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Weller Screwdriver Tip - 0.75 in Tip Length - 0.031 in Tip Width - Screwdriver Tip Shape - 0.019 in Thick - ST6 [PRICE is per EACH]
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $7.91
15 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for SMD work, August 24, 2014
If you are working with SMD's this is a very good tip for spot work and clean-up. I still prefer a wider blade tip for most smd work, I use the smear and hope approach to soldering them in, that is, I preheat the pins and then drag a flat blade tip down the pins. Most of the time that woks perfectly but occasionally it leaves bridges between pins and that is where this time comes in handy. It is small enough to heat just one or 2 pins and I used this tip on my solder remover.

This time is also good for any fine / small component work, smd or through-hole. It is not as good on larger parts like relay or switch pins, 1W and larger resistors, and other parts with a lot of bulk to them, the tip is too small to hold the heat, I took no points off for this because I knew it going in and did not get it for big parts.

Kenney Spring Window Curtain Rod, 28 to 48-Inch, Black
Kenney Spring Window Curtain Rod, 28 to 48-Inch, Black
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Basement Windows, August 24, 2014
I got these for my basement window that are embedded in concrete encasements. They are very easy to adjust to the correct width and being black I don't have to worry about them looking dirty over time. Once adjusted they are as solid as an attached pole and while I only hung sheers on them, they could easily hold moderately heavy curtains.

300 Pc Black Tattoo Armature Bar A-bar Nipple Grommets Needle Machine Supply
300 Pc Black Tattoo Armature Bar A-bar Nipple Grommets Needle Machine Supply
Offered by hotthings4sell
Price: $7.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Trimmer Pots, August 24, 2014
Disclaimer: I did not use these for a tattoo machine.

I needed a very small grommet that would give a professional looking finish where I needed to mount 2 trimmer variable resistors to a metal case, so it needed a hole in the center for the screwdriver to be able to adjust the trimmer and enough around the edges to cover up the drill hole area.

It was almost like these were custom made for the job, the exactly fit the screw head on the trimmer and exactly fit the holes drilled for the trimmers. It contributed to making the project look store bought and not home made.

Asbury Elegant Voile Sheer Panel - 55"x84" (Beige)
Asbury Elegant Voile Sheer Panel - 55"x84" (Beige)
Offered by Qutain Linen
Price: $4.00
4 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I was sort of expecting them to be pretty much junk but it was for the basement price ..., August 12, 2014
I got these to cover basement windows so I was looking for as inexpensive as I could get. I was sort of expecting them to be pretty much junk but it was for the basement price was the driver and these are the cheapest I found anywhere.

I got the beige and was glad when they showed up to see the color was a little brighter than I had thought once light is coming through them and for my windows this was perfect. I wanted some light to come in but to also obstruct a clear view into the basement and these were perfect for the job. They are very sheer sheers, but with two layers they fuzzy up the view just right and let in plenty of light.

They were far better than I would have ever thought, I wound not hesitate using them upstairs if and when I need new sheers. They came in perfect shape, no need to wash or iron.

Seagate Desktop ST4000DM000 HDD 4 TB SATA 6Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive 5900rpm
Price: $145.00
119 used & new from $124.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Drive for HTPC (movies), August 2, 2014
I have a Home Theater PC with a 4 tuner card in it and record a lot of movies as well as use the PC as a DVR and these 4TB drives are great for bulk storage and are blazingly fast for SATA drives. At 4 to 10GB per file (show) you can get a lot of recording on one of these, I had 12 now.

Sunlite Cloud-9 Bicycle Suspension Cruiser Saddle, Cruiser Gel, Tri-color Black
Sunlite Cloud-9 Bicycle Suspension Cruiser Saddle, Cruiser Gel, Tri-color Black
Offered by Bike A Mile
Price: $22.10
15 used & new from $19.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable for long rides sitting, August 2, 2014
If like me you ride for some exercise and to relax then this is a great seat, especially for guys or as I might say for the boys...

This seat is really built well, so solid and yet so comfortable. I ride sitting a lot as I am not so much after top speed as I am a nice ride and the racing seat is very uncomfortable to sit on for very long. This also has beefy springs with enough range of movement to take the bite out of most bumps.

They used heavy steel and steel bolts to mount on the bike so it is real secure and you can really crank down with a wrench and not have to worry about anything breaking.

Wosang Solderless Flexible Breadboard Jumper Wires M/M 100pcs
Wosang Solderless Flexible Breadboard Jumper Wires M/M 100pcs
Offered by ieasysexy
Price: $6.59
23 used & new from $0.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for complex circuit layout, August 2, 2014
I do a lot of bread boarding work with micro-controllers and generally have a lot of external circuitry, most of the time the stiff jumper wires between components is perfect but there are enough times when the connections are not easily laid out with them that these really come in handy, especially in cases where you want to move often in testing, like simulating a selection switch, or brining power in.

That have a nice snug fit like solid jumpers but are a lot easier to manipulate.

Black Plastic 50X 5mm LED Holder Car Boat Display Panel
Black Plastic 50X 5mm LED Holder Car Boat Display Panel
Offered by Able Provider
Price: $6.39
2 used & new from $6.11

5.0 out of 5 stars For that Store Bought Look, August 2, 2014
You want to add that store bought look to your mounted LED's these are just the thing. They hold the LED well enough that there is no need for hot gluing them in, and the cover the edges of the drill hole so no need to touch-up the paint after you drill.

3mm x 5mm Green Rubber Head 26 Alphabets Combination Stamp Block Set
3mm x 5mm Green Rubber Head 26 Alphabets Combination Stamp Block Set
Offered by uxcell
Price: $6.16
2 used & new from $5.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Better off with a magic marker, August 2, 2014
I found these useless for my application, they do not leave a clean and clear print, the letters tend to be hollowed out no matter how hard you press and if you press too hard of course you just get a solid block, there is no sweet spot on these.

Garmin Extended Battery Pack for Nuvi 1300, 1350, 1400, 1410, 1450, 1490, 1690, & 1695 with Complete Tool & Installation Kit
Offered by Nirvopia
Price: $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal / Great Product, August 2, 2014
It is rare I would give anything like this 5 stars with no limited instructions included and while you could do the job on the written instructions along you greatly raise the odds of breaking the outer plastic bezel. However, they suggest you go to YouTube and that worked fine, Just as well as kits twice the price that come with a DVD. The tools are perfect for the job and the battery looks as professionally built as any.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15