Profile for WildBill > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 161

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

WildBill RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
The Arduino Starter Kit (Official Kit from Arduino with 170-page Arduino Projects Book)
Offered by fidelitydealz
Price: $91.95
16 used & new from $91.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Starter Kit for a quick jump into Arduino, April 24, 2015
While there are a lot of start kits out there and you can no doubt buy a much cheaper Arduino, this is still the best intro to a technology kit I have ever used. Now I went into this with a over 10 years using PIC microcontrollers and decided to jump on the Arduino bandwagon because there is just so much support for it compared to the PIC (which is still a great chip).

This kit comes with an official Arduino board so it financially helps support this massive open source environment, basically good for all of us. Far more important, the kit includes a little bit of everything most hobbyists and even pro's to get a fast jump start in the Arduino, it covers input from joy sticks, buttons, sensors, outputs to things like LCD displays, speakers, LED's, Servo and Stepper motors.

There is 5 years experience packed in to this kit and should give anyone from a novice first time person to a seasoned microcontroller pro a fast start into the Arduino and as I noted, really covered the basics in just about everything you'll need for most projects.

While I have a reasonable electronics and programming background I must say that you could go without even the skills to set the clock on a VCR and still run with this just fine, the projects are fully supported with code already written, there is no need to understand a diode from a resister, and no need to solder, it even comes with a slice of breadboard big enough to handle every project in the book that comes with it.

Velleman MK111 Interval Timer
Velleman MK111 Interval Timer
Offered by Emerging Tech Sales
Price: $10.95
8 used & new from $5.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for many applications, April 21, 2015
These really work well and are well made, you could not buy the individual parts for cheaper than this and you get a nice PCB. If you don't like the interval times, you can swap out the caps, I have on running 10 minutes off, 250 ms on, and that repeats.

Bamboo 20" Wood Therapeutic Back Scratcher w/ Massage Rollers (Pack of 4)
Bamboo 20" Wood Therapeutic Back Scratcher w/ Massage Rollers (Pack of 4)
Offered by Fun Stuff for All
Price: $10.35
5 used & new from $10.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What was Shown, Pooly made., April 21, 2015
The first issue is all 4 came with the same 2 roller end unlike what they say in the description and show it in the picture. The next issue for me was that the lacquer came was not fully cured giving them a tacky feel. The final issue is that they are literally end to end covered in splinters, so you need to take a rough cloth rub it will to pick them all up.

The only reason for 2 stars is that once you sand and finish one it works but then again how could it not.

Kleenex Facial Tissues Family Size, 210 Count (Pack of 18), packaging may vary
Kleenex Facial Tissues Family Size, 210 Count (Pack of 18), packaging may vary
Price: $34.02
12 used & new from $34.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhh-Chew -- Got Kleenex, March 26, 2015
What can you really say about Kleenex, they are great tissue, I like the regular ones, good texture and strong, you never get blow through like can happen with cheaper tissues.

Blackberry Curve 9300 OEM Full Housing
Blackberry Curve 9300 OEM Full Housing
Offered by ipartstore (10-16 days to USA)
Price: $7.90
14 used & new from $3.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality -- Makes Your BlackBerry New Again, March 26, 2015
This worked perfectly. It came with the full back case, screen face plate, keyboard, front trim cover and battery cover. They also supply all the tools you need and you just hit YouTube for detailed video's on how to do it, I had no trouble at all, it took about 30 minutes end-to-end. I will note that I do this kind of work a lot, for your first time count on an hour, you really want to take your time and get it right without breaking anything.

Tip 1 -- Look at a couple of the YouTube disassembly video's, I suggest seeing more than one as they tend to highlight different parts of the process. Watch for the parts where they struggle a little getting something snapped back into place or separating parts which will give you an idea of how much force to use. If it looks easy in the video and on yours it seems really tight, you are probably doing something wrong or left some of the 8 screws in.

Tip 2 -- Try to avoid touching any of the gold contacts in the back case and on the back of the BB guts, over time this will collect dirt and leave you with intermittent connections.

Tip 3 -- Before you fully reassemble it, put the guts in the back and secure it with the screws, then test it with the keyboard and other buttons. Make sure the speaker, mic, camera, ear speaker are all working, as well as the left and right side buttons and the top 3 buttons, these are the most likely things to fail if everything is not seated correctly in the bottom unit. If it all works then put the screen cover on.

Tip 4 -- Make sure to clean the screen before you put the new cover on it, also make sure there are no fingerprints, the screen cover sticks on so you really only one shot, once it is stuck on you are stuck with whatever marks, smudges are on the screen. Use a micro-fiber cloth or glasses cleaning cloth with LCD screen safe cleaner or dampen cloth with warm water.

Tip 5 -- If your center touch button is working I would not recommend putting the new one in, it requires a lot more teardown of the BlackBerry and the risk of damaging your BB will be a higher.

In general take your time, use a soft hand and pay attention to what you are pushing or pulling on as you remove the guts and put it in the new back, it is very easy to accidently pull the screen off.

Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9342/03
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9342/03
Offered by RELYONUS
Price: $159.00
3 used & new from $159.00

5.0 out of 5 stars In A Class Of Its Own, March 7, 2015
This is in a class of its own in electric toothbrushes. I have always had difficulty with plaque build up at the gum line, my dentist gave me this (which is why I am not a verified buyer).

Operation 5 - There is only one button and it does everything and is very intuitive. It has 5 timed/power modes, one specifically for gums, a sensitive setting as well as clean, whitening, and polish.Once you pick your mode, each time you turn it on after that it will start in that mode, you can always switch it just hitting the button, the modes light up on the handle with flush mounted indicators.

Care/Charging - 5: Cleaning very easy, the entire assembly is waterproof so you just rinse the whole thing in water, the contactless charging system means it does not matter where it gets wet. This /03 model does not come with a charging cup, instead it has a charging base and detachable plastic holder, so you set it standing up in the holder on the charger base. Works fine for me. It charges very fast and I have used it for 3 days (6 times) on Clean mode with no sign of the built in rechargeable battery going dead.

Cleaning Teeth 5++: - Brushing could not be easier or more effective, I started on the sensitive setting until I was used to the new action, in less than 2 weeks I was on the Clean setting and the pre-timed 2 minute cycle. Every 30 second in the cycle it pauses for a split second to tell you to move the next quarter, so 30 seconds per quarter. It also goes easy on you for some number of uses until it ramps up to full power so give it at least a week at twice a day full cycles to fully kick in, if you don't want to wait you can over-ride the initiation time and go right to full power.

Instead of painful pressure, the ultra-fast vibrating action requires only light pressure against the gum tooth edge yet works the plaque off, I have had mine for 6 months now and at my check up my dentist said there was no appreciable plaque build up and my gums looked great. The vibration once you get used to it feels good, makes your gums feel invigorated while at the same time has a slight desensitizing effect from the vibrations so it is excellent for sensitive teeth and gums like mine. Now after 6 months use my gums are less sensitive than they ever have been in my life.

Now using toothpaste was interesting the first time, it shakes it all off almost instantly, the trick is start after it is in place in your mouth, then it works fine and spreads itself around. One note, if you hit your teeth with the brush shaft you get a startling buzz on your teeth that does not actually hurt but it'll wake ya up in a hurry... After a few uses it is rare that I hit them, brushing with it is automatic now.

Weight / Balance - 5: The case/handle has a none slip textured surface so it does not slide around, I like the weight, it feels solid and makes it easy to guide around but is heavier than my last one. The weight is reasonably balanced across the length of the handle.

Brush Replacement - 4: The brushes last me about 3 months, save yourself the grief and just buy the radically expensive branded Sonicare replacements, I tried the generics at a quarter of the price and ended up throwing them away, they were way too stiff for this kind of device, at least for me. Sonicare also offers softer and stiffer brushes but you can get the exact same brush that came with it and I like that even if they are a tad expensive.

Travel - 4: It comes with travel case, it is like large hard shell glasses case, comes with a USB cable for hooking to a computer for charging and a USB power supply. The only downside of the travel case is that it does not have room for the brush covers, which I like to keep over the brush, the separate USB charger also does not fit in it, but that is fine, I don't like taking a pile of chargers with me when I travel so I just plug it into my computer.

Overall 5 -- This is an outstanding toothbrush, high quality end to end (if you use their brushes), I can feel the difference and it is actually easier than anything I have used before. I would easily recommend this to anyone with plaque issues, and especially if you have sensitive gums and/or teeth.

OEM Blackberry Curve 3G 9330 Standard C-S2 Battery [With Hologram]
OEM Blackberry Curve 3G 9330 Standard C-S2 Battery [With Hologram]
Offered by OEM Battery Supply
Price: $5.00
22 used & new from $1.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Not New and does not Hold Charge, February 24, 2015
I found two issues with this battery, the first is that it intermittantly just cuts out and the BB restarts from power up, when I put my old battery back it never does this, and second, even when it is not cutting out it seems to hold at best a 1/2 day heavy use charge, my old battery still lasts over a day and it is bloated (why I replaced it).

The other thing I noticed was it is not new, the battery contacts had very clear signs of wear, you can tell from the marks on the contacts that show it had been removed many times, there is more wear on these contacts than my 3 year old battery.

For 5 bucks I did not try to return it, just got another battery from another seller.

Home Made Creamy Maple English Walnut Fudge - 12 OZ Gift Box
Home Made Creamy Maple English Walnut Fudge - 12 OZ Gift Box
Offered by The Amish-Buggy
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Taste -- Just Right Ratio of Nuts and Fudge, January 30, 2015
This was pretty tasty and has a very mix of nuts and fudge for my preferences. This was very smooth and creamy with a rich maple taste. I treat myself to maple fudge once a year, and will likely get this again next Christmas.

Apple Butter - Two-16 Oz Jar
Apple Butter - Two-16 Oz Jar
Offered by The Amish-Buggy
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Taste -- Too Runny, January 30, 2015
This Apple Butter is about the best tasting I have had, but it is runny, more the consistency of apple sauce than apple butter. The taste is great so if you like it on the runny side this is good. I have been using it as apple sauce with pork meals.

The Swiss Colony Fruitcake Medley 1/2-lb. Original
The Swiss Colony Fruitcake Medley 1/2-lb. Original
Offered by The Swiss Colony
Price: $13.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Little Bland For Fruitcake -- Skip This One, January 12, 2015
I am one of those people that like fruitcake and not specialty ones, just the classic dark ones. I will say the ad for this was good and perhaps set my expectations too high. Overall it was actually bland, especially the candied fruit, almost flavorless. The cake is a little light for fruitcake also bland and lacked that rich taste, it was too dry. It also needed more nuts, more fruit and better quality fruit.

Given how small it is, and it is small, I actually had a half inch slice left over and that is very rare for me, I tend to nibble on it between slices until its reduced to a few crumbs.

For the cost I expected a lot better, I'll go back to the ones in a tin can from the supermarket next year.

Could not recommend to anyone but will say it does not taste bad it is just not good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17