Profile for Rock of Ages > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 101

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rock of Ages RSS Feed (Silicon Valley, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
ARRIS / Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging
ARRIS / Motorola SB6121 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging
Price: Click here to see our price
129 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Blinkin' Black Box, July 3, 2014
It's a real BLACK BOX to me! I purchased it instead of renting a modem from Comcast. The cable installer did whatever programming was needed and it sits happily blinking. The absence of issues = satisfaction.

OBi100 VoIP Telephone Adapter and Voice Service Bridge
OBi100 VoIP Telephone Adapter and Voice Service Bridge
Price: $37.99
60 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, July 3, 2014
Well featured, extremely compact VOIP adapter. In service for a month without any issues. I'm am sure I'm only using a fraction of it's programmable features, but it's working for what I need. It's impressive how much functionality they have packed into a tiny form factor (probably only that large because of the requirement to plug stuff into it).

TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Home Router, 300Mpbs, IP QoS, WPS Button
TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Home Router, 300Mpbs, IP QoS, WPS Button
Price: $18.32
72 used & new from $13.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, July 3, 2014
Bought this to replace a 'G' type wireless router. The price point on 'N' routers has dropped unbelievably over the last couple years! Compared to other prior routers, the admin screens, diagnostics and reporting are a little "thin". Most are screens that the typical user would never look at of look for. The most bothersome 'non-feature' is that only the MAC address for connected devices appear - there appears to be no way to 'nickname' devices in human readable fashion.

I have had no problems with the device and have not needed to contact TP customer service - so no comment on that front other than 'life is good'. Signal strength and speed seem to be good / as advertised. At this pricepoint, I'd buy another.

(HK) Black Mini CREE Q5 300 Lumens Super Bright LED Flashlight Torch
(HK) Black Mini CREE Q5 300 Lumens Super Bright LED Flashlight Torch
Offered by AutoWT
Price: $3.59
13 used & new from $3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bright mini flashlight, July 3, 2014
Unbelievable performance off a single AA battery. I now have 5 of these (2 purchases using HK Auto). The focal point adjustment (broad to narrow beam) is handy. The items are well machined and arrived pretty quickly (for starting in China). Compared to the multi-LED, cheapo models . . . well, there is no comparison really.

The only significant downside is telling my grandson (over and over) not to shine it in anyone's eyes . . . painfully bright and potentially hazardous.

Crucial 2GB Single DDR2 800MHz (PC2-6400) CL6 SODIMM 200-Pin Notebook Memory Module CT25664AC800
Offered by NEMIX RAM
Price: $24.33
101 used & new from $18.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice for Netbook Upgrades, July 3, 2014
Purchased this to upgrade memory on my wife's Toshiba NB205 netbook. The performance improvement is clearly visible. There is much happiness in Camelot. If you go to the Crucial site, this is NOT the recommended chip for the NB205, but it meets the technical parameters and has worked without a hick up for a couple of months. It is also cheaper than the recommended chip and qualifies for Prime shipping.

LG Optimus Dynamic Android Prepaid Phone with Triple Minutes (Tracfone)
LG Optimus Dynamic Android Prepaid Phone with Triple Minutes (Tracfone)
Offered by shopcelldeals
Price: $19.99
12 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Great Smart Phone Choice for Moderate Usage, July 3, 2014
In years of internet shopping, this is probably the best value buy I have ever made! No kidding! I have purchased 2 of these, and would buy more if I needed them. There are three things to consider when buying this product: The phone itself; the actual network it operates on; Tracfone as a service provider.

The phone: An android phone for $20! the fact that it's 'older android' and only has space for a handful of apps to installed at a time is no problem for me. It gives me smart phone capabilities when I need or want them for the price of a low end flip phone. There is a lot of discussion in reviews about limited internal memory . . . if you want a gameboy or you need 20 apps going all the time, then a $20 phone just won't cut it. It functions extremely well for me, I have the apps installed that I use everyday with memory to spare. This phone comes with Triple Minutes which turns 120 minutes of airtime into 360 voice minutes + 360 texts + 360kb data - this may not work for everyone, but for my usage pattern, it's a great deal. Data usage can be minimized by using WIFI when you are doing downloads and app syncing.

The network: This is a CDMA phone. It utilizes (in my area) the Verizon network. If you need CDMA (I do) because of signal strength or quality of service, this is a good choice. Verizon is the only network providing a usable signal at my home and I stuck with them for (unnecessary, expensive) years until I found out Tracfone shares there network.

Tracfone: They specialize in pre-paid minute plans that make sense for low to moderate usage. If you need an 'all you can eat' per month plan, try someone else (there are too many vendors in this space to list). The online activation is a bit clunky, but customer service does pick up the phone and does help. I have contacted them with activation issues and when carryover minutes from another phone didn't transfer . . . a little slow, but always to my satisfaction. Once activated, their website makes it easy to track usage, access phone tutorials, etc.

TP-LINK TL-WR710N 150Mbps Wireless N Mini Pocket Router, Repeater, Client, 2 LAN Ports, USB Port for Charging and Storage
Price: $27.32
75 used & new from $23.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, July 3, 2014
This is sort of a 'swiss army knife' of adapters given the different modes it supports. I use it with some entertainment equipment that only had RJ45 jacks - but no built in wireless capability. It is working well in that capacity. Beyond the functionality, the price (compared to similar wireless servers) is great.

I did experience some set up 'pain' that I have not seen other reviews reference (maybe unique to my situation). When trying to configure the pocket router there was a conflict with my primary wireless access point. I finally did the config by turning off the wireless function on the router. Annoying - slightly bizarre - hardly fatal.

TP-LINK TL-WN725N Wireless N Nano USB Adapter, 150Mbps, Miniature Design, Plug in and Forget, Support Windows XP/Vista/7/8
Price: Click here to see our price
96 used & new from $6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, July 3, 2014
Works well. Compact. Good Price. Bought a couple for my netbooks when I upgraded my router from G to N. I also found the diagnostic / monitoring software to be useful / informative.

Red Soft Skin Silicone Gel Case Cover For LG Optimus Logic L35g / Dynamic L38c
Red Soft Skin Silicone Gel Case Cover For LG Optimus Logic L35g / Dynamic L38c
Offered by Importer520 ( USA Seller )
Price: $2.80
9 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Fit, July 3, 2014
Kind of a disappointment . . . and fully described in earlier reviews. The basic complaint deals with 'fit' and the abiltiy to retain a good fit over the phone. It it too loose and only get's looser. I replaced it after a week. "If I knew then what I know now" - I'd start with another choice and save some time and money.

Soda Stream Happy Hour Tonic Syrup, 16.9 ounce
Soda Stream Happy Hour Tonic Syrup, 16.9 ounce
Offered by British Grocery
Price: $14.95
4 used & new from $14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Tonic water is a matter of taste, June 11, 2014
Not all tonic is created equal. It doesn't matter if you buy it ready to drink of in concentrate. This was 'okay / meh'. Clearly tonic, but not so much what I prefer. It might hit your expectations on the mark . . .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11