Profile for Joanna > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 248

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joanna RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Linksys Wireless Access Point N300 Dual Band (WAP300N)
Linksys Wireless Access Point N300 Dual Band (WAP300N)
Price: $87.00
36 used & new from $70.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Company offers very good customer service, but do not order this unless you have a router already, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have cable company hook-up to the internet, and I ordered this device thinking it would give us in-house wi-fi. It did not work for that, apparently because we do not have a router in our Cisco cable connection box. I'm giving the product four stars because the company's technical support patiently tried to help us over the phone for over an hour so is to be commended for that. It might have been even more helpful if they could have told us or determined earlier in the process that we did not have the right equipment to use their product, but I guess they thought they might be able to get it to work and so ran us through all sorts of setting changes with that end in mind. I'm impressed that they tried so hard even though this product did not end up working for us.

Saris The Boss Single Bike Storage, White
Saris The Boss Single Bike Storage, White
Price: $41.90
11 used & new from $40.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Secure, attractive bike stand, December 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This looks great and does a great job of securing your bike. Although I'm not one of those super organized people with storage systems in all my closets and trees in all my shoes, I do appreciate having a bit more room in the garage and a way to have my bike upright and not leaning against a wall or taking up more space with its kickstand. I also think it will be very handy to take on trips when I have to put my bike in a motel anteroom or my in-laws small back porch.

Streamlight 44941 Siege AA Lantern
Streamlight 44941 Siege AA Lantern
Offered by HVACR Tools
Price: $34.99
19 used & new from $23.38

5.0 out of 5 stars It floats, flashes, and has red or white light, December 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This powerful little lantern reminds me of a tiny lighthouse. It has power enough to illuminate a family room and is smaller than two-thirds the size of a traditional flash light. It would be great to stow in car, home, or boat for unexpected situations when you need a portable light or flasher that's waterproof. I'd like one for the glove box and a couple for the house for me and my loved ones and think this would make a terrific gift.

Lusitania: Triumph, Tragedy, and the End of the Edwardian Age
Lusitania: Triumph, Tragedy, and the End of the Edwardian Age
by Greg King
Price: $20.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and impressively researched, December 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is impressively well-researched and fascinating and/or gripping in many parts, but a bit slow going in other parts, especially the beginning biographical information on some of the people involved. The author is a very skillful writer, though, and overall brings great knowledge and context to the story, really making the era and history of the time period spring to life. I personally found the numbered notes for references throughout the text a bit distracting and would have preferred it if the sources were treated differently, as they are in equally well researched books like My Age of Anxiety or Trapped Under the Sea, but the book was very compelling and a great read on the whole.

Pinnacle Studio 18 Plus
Pinnacle Studio 18 Plus
Price: $99.95
20 used & new from $95.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, fun software with limitted free support, November 30, 2014
This review is from: Pinnacle Studio 18 Plus (CD-ROM)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow, this is fun! It give all sorts of capabilities to a rank beginner and offers so many possibilities I think it could be satisfying to much more advanced home filmmakers as well. The setup takes time but it do-able, though I, like others here, was disappointed that this can only be used on one of your computers. It made me really think about which device to put it on, and there were definite trade-offs involved. I was a longtime user of Word Perfect in the past so had good feelings about Corel, but the warranty and policies on this don't seem all that user friendly and further cramp your style. For example, you only get 14 days of free warranty support so should have plenty of free time available when you start using this is you want to be able to take advantage of that. I think it would be much more reasonable to give each customer a certain amount of time that could be used and a longer period of time in which to use it. Still, it is an exceptional package and one I'm very excited about using, learning from and creating with for art and home movies with music, special effects, and editing I could only dream about doing before.

Casabella Quick 'N Easy Upright Sweep Set
Casabella Quick 'N Easy Upright Sweep Set
Price: $28.99
5 used & new from $28.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy on you and your floors, November 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This cleverly designed set really does make sweeping the house much quicker and easier to do than with a traditional broom and dustpan. Although at first I thought the broom's bristles were too soft, I soon appreciated how gentle they are on my wood floors and how well they get pet hair out of corners and from the bottoms of chair legs and furniture. The dustbin is very well designed, deep enough to hold plenty of debris, and it spares you bending over repeatedly and having to empty it so often, which saves work and time. There's a handy serrated area for cleaning off the brush, too. The whole set-up is lightweight and stores very compactly, either on its own legs or on a big hole in the handle that can go over a hook. I very much doubt I will be losing the dustpan with this set! I'll still want to vacuum for the most thorough cleaning but think this is excellent for quick clean-ups.

U614 Upright Bike
U614 Upright Bike
Price: $284.98
2 used & new from $247.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully sturdy, versatile, and fun, November 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm an avid year-round recreational cyclist, and I absolutely love this bike! Granted, it's not as much fun as riding in the great out-of-doors, but it's a wonderful adjunct to that and offers convenience, training, and special features that make it fun and interesting in its own right. This morning after breakfast when it was pouring rain outside, for example, I hopped on this bike in my nightie and my slippers (NOT recommended in the literature, but it felt perfectly safe to me) for a thirty minute 'Ride in the Park.' That's just one of 22 customizable workouts available. Others include 'Fun Rides' such as "Rolling Hills" and "Easy Tour," 'Mountain Rides' like "Mt. Hood," and 'Challenges' like "Interval" and "Crosstraining," where you pick the time, distance or targeted heart rate you want.

With 20 resistance levels and so much individual customizing available, the U614 should have something for just about everyone. It's completely sturdy and offers interesting displays of your heart rate, calories burned, miles per hour, rpm's, distance traveled, resistance level, and more. You can put it on manual and do your own thing or tweak and use one of the 22 previously mentioned programs. All of the different data and quantifying make riding it very motivating, and I've found myself hopping on it multiple times a day when I can't ride outside--and even when I can. I think this is really going to improve my fitness and make me a much stronger rider. It's so helpful to see the heart rate ranges when you're burning fat or getting aerobic benefit.

Another feature I love is the sound system for plugging in your MP3 player. The speakers are great and the sound quite good, so nice in fact I like to use this for music in the house when I'm not riding. I also appreciate the shelf for laptop or electronic reader, the fan, and the water bottle holder. It all adds up to make riding very inviting. You can hop on for a quick, intense workout with music blaring, take a long, gentle ride while you read or watch movies, or do whatever suits your fancy.

So are there any down sides to the U614? All I can think of are that the fan smells a bit when you first use it and the seat is pretty hard, but then I'm not wearing padded bike shorts. There is a 'comfort seat' available for purchase, and I may think about getting that, though I actually like the position this seat puts me in, back on my sitter bones and not forward on my groin. It just could use more padding.

Another point to be aware of is that the bike requires some assembly when you get it, and that took my husband about an hour to do. The instructions were clear and the parts well-marked and packaged. There is also a customer service number that gave excellent help and guidance when I had some trouble getting the heart monitor to work and setting up the programing on the monitor. The service rep walked me through the entire set up.

All and all I love this bike and like it even more than the bike stand I recently bought to make my outside bike a stationary bicycle. This has so many additional features and costs only about one-hundred to one-hundred-and-fifty more than the $150 I paid for that, depending on what this is selling for. I have not ridden other manufacturer's upright bikes that could compare recently but think this one seems exceptionally well made with excellent customer support from Nautilus out of Vancouver, Washington. If I have any problems with it, I'll report back about what happens.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2014 4:42 PM PST

OXO Good Grips Serrated Peeler, Black
OXO Good Grips Serrated Peeler, Black
Price: $8.99
30 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works quite well on softer fruits and veggies, November 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This works well on softer fruits and vegetables, which I realized after I ordered it I do not peel that often. We eat organic and like to eat tomato, zucchini and cucumber skins. Carrots are about all I consistently peel year-round, and this is not as good as a non-serrated peeler for them. It feels very nice in the hand, though, and will get a real workout from me come peach season because I do not like the skins of those.

AmazonBasics Sport In-Ear Headphones
AmazonBasics Sport In-Ear Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Stays well in place with decent sound, November 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These headphones deliver decent sound and stay in place much better than any other I have tried. It's nice they come with different sized buds to best fit your ear and also have the pieces to hook over your ears. I admit I don't find any ear buds all that comfortable or great to listen to but like having these for exercising outside.

The Accident
The Accident
by Chris Pavone
Price: $18.53
218 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars About as plausible as The Pelican Brief, November 18, 2014
This review is from: The Accident (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Parts of this interested me and I liked some of the characters, but I got tired of the constant switching among so many characters and also had a hard time buying into the plot. It really seemed like the horse was out of the barn with this manuscript and implausible that there were only hard copies or that nobody would have spread the big secrets in it in a way that could not be contained. The world of agents and editors added some interest but the whole thing was unrealistic and strained credibility.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20