Profile for Michael DENNISUK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 485

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael DENNISUK "cc coach" RSS Feed (trenton, michigan USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Redeemer (Harry Hole)
The Redeemer (Harry Hole)
by Jo Nesbř
Price: $17.78
104 used & new from $5.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Salvation, July 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Jo Nesbo has again created a deeply nuanced crime thriller that keeps you guessing until the final pages. Harry Hole is very reminiscent of Michael Connolly's Harry Bosch, troubled with personal demons but relentless in her pursuit of truth. Great read!!

Life Itself (Now In Theaters) [HD]
Life Itself (Now In Theaters) [HD]
DVD
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, July 13, 2014
My wife and I loved this beautifully crafted documentary. It is so well done. The scenes with Roger Ebert at the end of his life are both heart wrenching and inspiring. Many insights into the Siskel/Ebert relationship and rivalry are offered. For movie fans this is a MUST SEE!

Sticks and Stones: Defeating the Culture of Bullying and Rediscovering the Power of Character and Empathy
by Emily Bazelon
Price: $18.71
106 used & new from $1.86

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, July 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered this book when it was first released because it received a positive, front page review in the NYT. Given that I have worked with teenagers as a social worker in a school setting for the last 25+ years, I was very anxious to read this book. I started it but found it impossible to finish. The anecdotal nature of the writing really turned me off. The stories she relates are clearly presented in a very biased manner. She sells the point HARD. It turned me off. I skimmed her conclusion to see if there was something I may have missed ... I found nothing. Not for me.

The Hobbit; or, There and Back Again
The Hobbit; or, There and Back Again
by J. R. R. Tolkien
Price: $9.47
185 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Middle Earth, July 8, 2014
It has been 40 years since I have visited Middle Earth and this summer I decided it was time for a return trip. The first step on the journey was amazing. It brought back so many memories of my first read back in the early 70's. Great tale! I can't wait to dive into the Trilogy!

Fulcrum 20010-301 Multi-Flex LED Task Light and Book Light
Fulcrum 20010-301 Multi-Flex LED Task Light and Book Light
Price: $9.63
25 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 29, 2014
I love this little light. It is perfect for reading in bed. Well designed ... Highly functional

Brooks Men's Cascadia 8 Trail Running Shoes, Color: HighRskRed/Java/Ntlife/Blk, Size: 12.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, June 29, 2014
I hiked the Grand Canyon rim 2 rim (in one day) in these babies and they held up well (better than my 62 year old body)

Timex Full-Size T5K549 Ironman Run Trainer GPS Watch
Timex Full-Size T5K549 Ironman Run Trainer GPS Watch
Price: $138.09
17 used & new from $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!!, June 29, 2014
I am really liking this GPS watch. I've had a Garmin for the last 8-10 years. I really like the features on this watch. It seems to pick satellites much faster than my previous watches. I used it in the Grand Canyon. So far so good
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2014 5:34 AM PDT

Convenience Concepts Designs2Go Wide 3-Tier TV Stand - Black
Convenience Concepts Designs2Go Wide 3-Tier TV Stand - Black
Price: $54.40
12 used & new from $44.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, June 29, 2014
Easy to assemble .... Solidly constructed with an elegant style ... The price was right .... Looks great

Brewster: A Novel
Brewster: A Novel
by Mark Slouka
Price: $12.30
53 used & new from $7.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart and Soul, June 29, 2014
This review is from: Brewster: A Novel (Paperback)
This book is set in the sleepy town of Brewster in NY state. The time is late sixties. Jon Mosher is budding high school track star, his best friend Ray is an outcast of his own making. Their story is told in the episodic style of the post modern writer. At times I found this disconcerting but overall the form works. He gets the mood and feel of the late sixties right. I bought this thinking that it was a "running" novel ... It was not. The running sequences are very good but there are only a few. I hoped for more. The book has a sweet sadness about it and is very well written.

House of Cards
House of Cards
by Michael Dobbs
Price: $11.55
72 used & new from $6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Political Thriller, June 26, 2014
This review is from: House of Cards (Paperback)
I picked this up after having watched the first two seasons of the Netflix drama. Well written, neatly plotted. Just different enough from the series to keep it interesting. I'm looking forward to reading the next two.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20