Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Michael DENNISUK > Reviews

Browse

Michael DENNISUK's Profile

Customer Reviews: 579

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael DENNISUK "cc coach" RSS Feed (trenton, michigan USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A.WAVE Men's Outdoor Sports Cargo Short Elastic Waist Flat Front Quick Dry (BLACK, XL)
Offered by A.WAVE

2.0 out of 5 stars Never again, August 22, 2015
I don't like the material. It is very stiff and tarp-like. Not comfortable at all. Even after multiple washings.

Prayers for Rain (Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro Series)
Prayers for Rain (Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro Series)
by Dennis Lehane
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $8.48
71 used & new from $0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good As It Gets, August 22, 2015
Dennis Lehane's "Prayers for Rain" is a top notch mystery/thriller. Private detectives, Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro, investigate the suicide of a former client. Mr. Lehane's writing is excellent. He has solid character development and intricate plotting that keeps you engaged until the final page. It doesn't get any better than this.(25)

Although Of Course You End Up Becoming Yourself: A Road Trip with David Foster Wallace
by David Lipsky
Price: $10.61
67 used & new from $8.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Being DFW, August 14, 2015
I bought this book after watching a preview for "End of the Tour". The book gets 4 stars because I think David Foster Wallace is one of the most interesting people I have ever encountered. I have never read "Infinite Jest" and I've only read the first few pages of "A Supposedly Fun thing I'll never do again". I first encountered him through his "This is Water" speech. It knocked me out. I then played his Charlie Rose interview and I don't think I ever watched a more "real" celebrity. I was fascinated but intimidated. "Although ..." was a nice introduction for me. It is a bit hard to read and drags in some spots. I found that if I replayed the Rose interviews DFWs voice would be in my head. I will tackle "Supposedly ..." in pieces and eventually "Infinite Jest". I'm jealous that Lipsky got to have a real great conversation with DFW, I'm glad that he chose to share it with us. (24)

On the Move: A Life
On the Move: A Life
by Oliver Sacks
Price: $15.68
38 used & new from $15.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A Curious Mind, August 14, 2015
This review is from: On the Move: A Life (Hardcover)
This memoir by Oliver Sacks takes us on a journey - physical and emotional. Dr. Sacks' curious mind is on full display. This book is more about the curiousty that led to his journeys into nuerology and thoughts behind his writings. His humanity comes through on every page. Beautifully written. (23)

Racing the Rain: A Novel
Racing the Rain: A Novel
by John L. Parker Jr.
Price: $18.72
67 used & new from $12.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Young Mr. Cassidy, July 31, 2015
John L Parker has given us another installment in the life of Quenton Cassidy. This is a prequel to the running classic "Once A Runner". The book takes young Quenton through his junior high and high school years. His evolution as a runner comes slowly with fits and starts. This novel is set in Florida in the 1960's. It has a sweet nostalgic feel to it, full of Kennedy era references. Quenton is befriended by Trapper Nelson who leads him through trials of adolescence and helps him become a runner. There is probably more basketball than running in this installment but this adds to the legend that is Quenton Cassidy. This is an OUTSTANDING addition to the Cassidy saga.(22)

The Bone Tree (Penn Cage)
The Bone Tree (Penn Cage)
by Greg Iles
Price: $17.23
160 used & new from $11.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Natchez Trilogy, July 21, 2015
The Bone Tree is the second installment in, what I am calling, The Natchez Trilogy. Penn Cage is deeply involved in uncovering the truth behind his father's disappearance and a series of Civil Rights murders from the '60s. The writing is good and the pace is torrid. The 800 pages flies by. Like many middle volumes of trilogies, The Bone Tree misses (slightly) some of the elements of Natchez Burning that made it a compulsively good read but it is solid performance. Many twists and turns and more than a few surprises. Can't wait to read volume 3!!(21)

Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights: A Novel
Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights: A Novel
by Salman Rushdie
Price: $15.40

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!!, June 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the first book that I have read by Salman Rushdie, it will most likely be the last. I struggled withit from the beginning. I consider myself an eclectic reader but this book is not something I would recommend for the casual reader. It is set in the world of Jinn, a supernatural world that for most of history has had a superfulous interaction with the "world below" (our world). A series of events bring on the "War of the Worlds". The book is so loaded with methaphor it is often difficult to untangle. The language is flowing and lush but nearly indecipherable at times. I forced myself to finish it after I had given up hope of understanding it or enjoying it. (As an aside, I only finished it in order to review it. This was a "Vine" book and I needed to review it and I generally don't review books I have not finished.) Easily one of my LEAST enjoyable reads of the last several years.(20)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2015 4:49 AM PDT

Matchbox Aqua Cannon Fire Truck Rig
Matchbox Aqua Cannon Fire Truck Rig
Price: $14.98
11 used & new from $14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful!!!, June 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Matchbox Aqua Cannon is awesome!! It is solidly constructed and has a powerful stream. My 3 year old grandson took to it immediately. The squirting action is easy to master. Get ready to get wet! Great toy for summer!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Zwilling J.A. Henckels 5-Piece Grooming Set
Zwilling J.A. Henckels 5-Piece Grooming Set
Price: $199.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Elegant, June 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Finely crafted, superbly designed kit that is extremely easy to store and travel with. This is top end stuff. The only drawbacks are the price and the nail clippers are not easy to use.

SuperSoaker Nerf Zombie Strike Extinguisher Blaster Water Soaking Guns
SuperSoaker Nerf Zombie Strike Extinguisher Blaster Water Soaking Guns
Price: $7.98
24 used & new from $6.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!!, June 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Compact and easy to use. The water tank has significant capacity. It appears to be very durable for a great price!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20