Profile for Yang Song Deng > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yang Song Deng RSS Feed (In between two worlds)

Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700
Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700
Offered by BrooksBrother
Price: $140.88
17 used & new from $57.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, but needs better QC, November 27, 2012
I got this mouse for Thanksgiving to replace my aging Logitech MX1100 that has lost almost all rubber on the grip. Compared to the MX1100, the mouse isn't as tall and arched, so people with smaller hand will feel more comfortable. The textured plastic used for the grip area on the G700 doesn't have that "premium" feel to it but it does the job. One thing that makes it stand out compared to cheaper Logitech mouse is that when you enable the hyperscroll, the scroll wheel will not move on its own when you use the mouse (which is what I'm used to on the MX1100). Overall response and accuracy of the mouse is very good, on par with what I'm used to on the MX1100. The programmable buttons are very nice, even for everyday use. You can assign actions such as copy/paste, max/min windows to save a lot of time. For gaming, it is obviously great because you can reassign difficult to reach keys to the mouse button and create macros.

The problem with this mouse is in the software. When you first install the Setpoint software, it comes with 3 profiles: general, gaming, productivity. While having 3 profile is very nice, the gaming and productivity profile are glitched and make your mouse buttons perform strange actions. Delete "gaming" and "productivity" profile ASAP and make your own. Do note that not all applications will recognize all the button on the mouse. If you do find buttons not working for a specific app, make macros for that button and you can get around it.

Lenovo 65W Ultraport AC Adapter
Lenovo 65W Ultraport AC Adapter
Offered by Dragon-Hub
Price: $11.90
108 used & new from $4.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality charger, October 1, 2012
The charger worked for 6 month then stopped charging without warning. I bought it because it was an OEM brand charger but the quality is just as bad as the generics.

Anker® 1800mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch D710 (Sprint), Galaxy S 4G T959v (Not For Galaxy S4), Galaxy S I9000, Galaxy S2 R760 (U.S. Cellular), fits EB575152VA
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $23.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement, September 12, 2012
I bought a used Samsung Focus phone and the original battery in it was definitely worn down. I was a little skeptical after reading reviews of replacement battery on Amazon because many of them are just not up to spec. The Anker brand seems to get good review so I bought one. When I received it, it had a nice plastic packaging so that is a good sign. This battery fits the Focus perfectly fine even though the capacity is larger than the original (1800mAh vs 1500mAh). The first thing I noticed was the standby time. This new one can go for about 4 days in standby whereas the used original can only for for 2 days. Using 3G feature of the phone (GPS, internet) definitely didn't drain the percentage as fast as the original, so I'm happy. I will continue to monitor this battery to see how long it lasts.

Silicone Wire - Fine Strand - 12 Gauge - 3 ft. Red, 3 ft. Black
Silicone Wire - Fine Strand - 12 Gauge - 3 ft. Red, 3 ft. Black
Offered by Gadget Place
Price: $6.86
3 used & new from $6.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, July 31, 2012
Flexible silicone wire that works as expected. Much better than the rigid stuff you gt at local hardware store. Too bad I need to buy the 10 awg wires as well for my project, but these are great.

ADATA Superior Series S102 Pro 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (AS102P-16G-RGY)
ADATA Superior Series S102 Pro 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (AS102P-16G-RGY)
Price: $12.99
25 used & new from $8.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance on USB 2.0, May 29, 2012
Bought this to get a bigger and faster flash drive. I don't have a USB 3.0 capable system so this is based on my experience using USB 2.0

Average Read: 26.8 MB/s
Average Write: 15.4 MB/s

This is excellent speed on USB 2.0. The drive itself is very solid and the cap can be attacked to the other end so it doesn't fall off. I'm happy with the drive in the 5 month I had it. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a portable power plant, May 10, 2012
Never heard of this brand but bought it due to the massive battery capacity compared to offerings from Targus and such. To give you an idea, my Thinkpad only has a 6 cell 4800 mAh battery, this thing has more than 2x the capacity of my laptop battery.It came with a case that holds the backup battery and cable for iOS, laptop adapter tips, and all the USB types, very neat for traveling. It's easy to use the device, just plug in the correct USB cable and switch it on. I've tested this with my Ipad 2, Galaxy Nexus, and even my laptop, they all charge to full. The aluminum casing makes it more attractive to the plastic all the electronics seem to use these days. I believe it's a much better buy than other portable batteries on the price vs capacity alone, the multi-charge for 4 devices is just a nice touch.

Logitech Wireless Combo Mk520 With Keyboard and Mouse
Logitech Wireless Combo Mk520 With Keyboard and Mouse
Price: $39.44
85 used & new from $24.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Wireless connection leaves something to be desired, March 7, 2012
I've always bought Logitech keyboard and mice in the past. The MK520 was purchased for my parents who have minimal needs so that they have less clutter at home. The build quality of the combo is as expected, but the performance(wireless) leaves something to be desired. Logitech claims its unifying receiver will automatically adjust to interference from wifi, but I don see it working too well. In a 4000 sq ft home, the router is placed near the side of the house in a closet(several walls away from the computer), but the mouse and keyboard would constantly freeze during daily use. The computer is brand new with a clean install of Windows 7 OEM. I've changed the wireless channel on the router to 11 and it helped the interference a bit, but my parents still experience regular lag and lockup on the mouse and keyboard. The desktop is only about 3 ft away, I'd expected better signal transmission. In the same setting, if I plug my "big" receiver from the MX1100 into the computer, the MX1100 performs with absolutely zero problem.

Epson Artisan 835 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax (C11CA73201)
8 used & new from $250.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, once you set it up., March 7, 2012
We bought this printer to use in a small business setting solely for the purpose of printer color documents and high quality graphics. The printer does everything we need do to reasonable well in a network of about 10 computers.

Setup:

The easiest way to setup the printer is to install the "complete package" from the CD. This will get you all the driver/software you need for all the functions you need plus a whole bunch of bloatware. We just installed the necessary software to enable all functions without the bloat.

You need:
Printer driver - to enable network and USB printing
EpsonNet utility - prerequisite for network scanning and used to connect PC to the scanner on the printer
Epson Scanner utility - enable scanning from PC
Epson Eventmanager - enables scanning to PC from printer control panel, also controls all the scanning setting.

It is highly recommended that you set the printer to static IP from the control panel that way you don't lose connection to it. The Epson software cannot detect change of IP address if your router assigns the printer a new IP. We have not had the printer drop connection once in the 3 month we've used it so far. Make sure your firewall doesn't block any of the Epson software. It took a while to get it setup properly, not the most smooth experience but not tremendously difficult.

Features:

The features offered are very extensive. Wireless printing is queued based on time and it has a reasonable big memory to process multiple print jobs. It can print on 3x5'', 4x6'' photo from the dedicated paper tray, 5x7'' and up will use the normal tray with adjustments. It does full bleed printing even on 8.5x11'' prints, which is a plus. There is a CD printing tray that you access by pressing the button on the control panel (very noisy and takes a long time to get ready, didn't use it much). Scans are adjustable on type (jpeg, tiff, PDF, bmp) and resolution is up to 600 dpi(you can enter any dpi number in custom setting, but I doubt it will do anything beyond 600 hardware wise). One draw back is that the network scanning is very very slow(maybe it's our wireless g router), takes about 2 min to scan a regular page. Quality of scan is excellent though, no jagged lines and colors are accurate.

Printing:

Text prints just like any other inkjet we've used, nothing extraordinary nor lacking. Photo quality is great when we tested it with basic glossy Kodak photo paper, looks like something you get from a photo lab. One thing is that the paper tray only holds about 100 sheets, which can be too little if you print a lot. The printer does make a lot of noising while preparing to print. You need to select the right paper type when you print, it does affect quality.

Ink:

This Epson sucks up ink just like every other photo printer. You get about 300 page yield out of the high capacity ink on regular office documents. Printing full page photo will probably run the ink dry in about 35 prints. Luckily, this printer is compatible with refill cartridge and CISS. We use a CISS and the printer quality is just like the OEM ink the printer came with. Not worried about longevity of the prints for our needs, but professionals might have to consider that. It cost about 5 cents to make a 4x6'' for us, which is decent enough.

We'd recommend this printer because it's very reliable and the cost of printing can be very low with aftermarket ink. Once you get past the setup you will enjoy using this printer.

TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND V2 Wireless N300 Gigabit Router, 300Mbps, USB port for Storage, 3 Detachable Antennas, Speed Boost up to 450Mbps, WPS Button
Price: $44.99
104 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great N router on a budget, January 5, 2011
This router replaced an aging Linksys G router that crashed constantly due to low memory. The TP-link comes with 32MB of ram so it's more than enough even for heavy use. USB sharing works great with TP-link's firmware. I'm getting 5 bars everywhere in my 3000 sq ft home so the signal is really strong. Even though it's 2.4ghz band only, I have no problem connecting at 300 mbps.

Do not use this router with DD-WRT. Atheros based N routers are just not stable with current DD-WRT firmware. I had lots of errors and getting 300mbps throughput was way too time consuming(must manually set channel each time). Even though you are suppose to be able to get print server out of DD-WRT(stock firmware doesn't support it), I had no luck getting my Brother HL-2140 to work.

Current setup: TP link @ 2.4ghz for N, Linksys G router as AP @2.4ghz for BG connected to the TP-link.

Great router and highly recommended for people needing quality N router at a low price.

UPDATE 12-17-12

Bought another one for use at the office. This second one would constantly cause IP address conflicts and completely lock up once a week. Talked to TP-Link support and they insisted that I update the firmware (which has no change log addressing stability issue). Update firmware, still the same problem. So I called back again and they agreed to RMA. The new unit is behaving much better, no IP address conflict so far.

Setting:
QSS disabled
20 mhz only
bgn mixed mode
130 max tx rate

DD-WRT and OpenWRT are still not stable enough for this router, I'd recommended sticking with stock.

In the end, I have two good routers that are good enough for my needs. All the hype about N600 N900 N9999 are just overrated once you have any interference.