Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more
Profile for Phyllis Jackson > Reviews

Browse

Phyllis Jackson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 94

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Phyllis Jackson "Phyllis Jackson - Book Worm" RSS Feed (Long Beach, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Amoretti Premium Syrup, French Vanilla, 25.4 Ounce
Amoretti Premium Syrup, French Vanilla, 25.4 Ounce
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, December 9, 2015
I don't care for this one. I have the caramel and the Irish cream and I like both of them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2015 9:16 AM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. Coffee, November 24, 2015
Love this coffee

Teraputics Phytoceramides Ceramide-PCD ® Made From Rice - 100% Gluten Free All Natural Plant Derived Vitamin Extract, Skin Restoring Skincare Oral Supplement, Eliminates Wrinkles, Reduces Fine Lines, Strengthens Hair Skin Nails, 30 Veggie Caps, 40mg + Getting Started Guide
Offered by Teraputics
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Softer skin, November 24, 2015
I have only been taking these for a few weeks but I have I noticed a difference in my skin. My little laugh lines seem to be softer and so is my skin.

Playing with Fire
Playing with Fire
by Tess Gerritsen
Price: $18.34
154 used & new from $4.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in one Sitting, November 5, 2015
This review is from: Playing with Fire (Hardcover)
I started this book and couldn't put it down until I read it to the end. I found myself totally caught up in the storylines of the past and the present. The book starts out in the present day with the main character - Julia - she plays violin and on her last afternoon in Rome she buys a book of music and inside of it is a loose page of sheet music. She returns home to her husband and 3 year daughter and once she is settled in she decides to play the music on the loose sheet, it seems her daughter becomes violent when she plays this music and Julia is stressed and worried but also very curious about this sheet of music. We then switch to Venice, Before the War and follow the story of Lorenzo and his family. Lorenzo is the one that wrote the music and as we follow his story we follow the shameful history of what happened during WWII and how entire families were rounded up and send to death camps or work camps. I don't want to give away any spoilers but I found this book to be one of the best I have read in a long time. I received this ARC from Netgalley for a fair and honest review.

Honest Tea Certified Organic, Honey Green Tea, 16.9-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)
Honest Tea Certified Organic, Honey Green Tea, 16.9-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)
Offered by Tal DG
Price: $28.00
8 used & new from $17.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Swamp Water, September 2, 2015
Tastes like Swamp Water, I have never had swamp water but that is what my Brother said, I just found it to have a horrible taste. I tried to give it away but after tasting it nobody wants it. So down the drain the rest of the tea will go.

The Lady of the Rivers: A Novel (War of the Roses)
The Lady of the Rivers: A Novel (War of the Roses)
by Philippa Gregory
Price: $20.61
202 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this Book, November 9, 2011
I enjoyed this book and had a hard time putting it down so I pretty much read it through until I finished it. I won't explain all the detail as others have done that here but it was one of Phillipa's better books. I am going to read The White Queen next.

Descent into Dust
Descent into Dust
by Jacqueline Lepore
105 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gothic Novel - 1st of a New Series, April 19, 2010
This review is from: Descent into Dust (Paperback)
I found myself savoring this book slowly like a fine wine. Descent into Dust is the first book in a new series about Emma Andrews. In the beginning of this book, Emma is writing down her story from many years ago when she first learned that she was a vampire hunter and a Dhampir. It was back in 1862 and Emma was 23 years old and she was going for an extended visit to her cousin's manor house. Soon after she arrives there, Emma begins to have visions and she becomes very concerned about her young cousin Henrietta and her odd behavior. She also hears about a mysterious plague in the village.

Emma meets a new house guest by the name of Valerian Fox, he knows that Emma is a Dhampir and he has been hunting the great vampire lord Marius for more time and centuries than Emma could imagine. Soon one of the horse grooms attempts to kill Emma and she discovers she is Dhampir. Emma and Valerian join forces to try to kill Marius before he can take her little cousin Henrietta. But Henrietta's governess's is in thrall to Marius and Emma is kicked out of the house by her cousin Mary and her husband. Emma goes in search of her Uncle for help, but she plans on returning in time to save her little cousin and hunt the vampire.

Two others that help Emma along the way are Sebastian, and Valerian and they are part of her core group. Valerian has secrets, some of which are revealed in Descent into Dust. Also joining Emma in her fight against the vampire is Father Luke from the church.

I don't think I am giving away any spoilers here. The next Emma Andrews book won't be out until March 2011, I for one will have it my list of books to get.

Dead And Gone: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Dead And Gone: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
by Charlaine Harris
Price: $19.05
644 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Series, May 11, 2009
I read some many mixed reviews of Dead and Gone, I was sure I wasn't going to like it, let alone enjoy it. However that being said, I found myself really enjoying the story, yes it was fast paced with a lot of twists and turns, but the basic plot was the fairy war and as usual Sookie was right in the middle of it. I was sorry to see so little of Bill in this book. I will be looking forward to the next book in the series.

Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, Book 1)
Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, Book 1)
by Jaye Wells
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $8.00
122 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I really liked this book, will read the next in the series., April 30, 2009
I liked Sabina Kane, half vampire, half mage. She was one tough woman and I even enjoyed the first chapter of the book. All of the vampires in author Jayne Wells world have different hues of Red hair and it didn't bother them to feed from humans. Lots of action in this book and Sabina goes undercover to spy for her Grandmother and learns some nasty facts about her Grandmothers side of the family. She also has a sexy mage following her every move and she is about to learn more about the mage side of her family. Pretty soon, Sabina's life is upside down and only she can make it right side up again. A fun thrill ride. I can't wait for the next book in the series.

Blood and Ice
Blood and Ice
by Robert Masello
73 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Books I've Read, March 3, 2009
This review is from: Blood and Ice (Hardcover)
I read this book in one sitting, totally awesome, grabs you from the first page and doesn't let go. Do yourself a favor and read this book. Part horror, part supernatural.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10