Profile for confectioncreator > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

confectioncreator RSS Feed

World Imports 750-62 Berkeley Square 3-Light Chandelier, Weathered Bronze
World Imports 750-62 Berkeley Square 3-Light Chandelier, Weathered Bronze
Price: $149.99
10 used & new from $114.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful "warm" fixture- true to picture!, July 6, 2014
I LOVE my new light fixture...my chandelier! That sounds crazy spoiled to be in my kitchen but at this price!? I just love it- exactly as pictured really...though the largest three "crystal" drops were scratched or slightly chipped...Which was honestly fine cause I redid the crystal strands and had purchsed Swarovski crystal drops in the same shape but slightly smaller already! I used really pretty though not Swarovski crystals to make new strands as I didn't like the glass balls so much- they are decent quality though- heavy glass. I just had this planned out in my head already ;-) I did keep the teardrop glass hanging pieces and even the pointed ones at the center but I did change each top piece to Swarovski crystals! (I design jewelry so this was not a chore ;-) haha) This just truly "finished" my kitchen which I designed from top to bottom myself and my husband made it all a reality! We save so much I could splurge on extra special finishes like this!! I had the ugliest bare bulb in my new kitchen for a couple months maybe while I searched for just the right one- there are SO many and I wanted crystals but not ALL crystal- you've seen them- this is "warm" enough to fit perfectly with a somewhat traditional kitchen- cabinets are maple stained a cherry color with darker glaze in the crevices, and the counters are "Ubatuba" granite (black with lots of sparkle and green/gold colors in daylight) We have a dimmer on this fixture and it just looks amazing even through the little paladian window in my kitchen which you can always see in- dimmed down, it gives the perfect lighting for me to go with the LED accent lighting my husband put in, under, and over the cabinets! Can't go wrong with this if you are on the fence- even as is!! I didn't even touch the shades which I was prepared to change if not good quality- look great and color is perfect!

Vienna Large Mirror in Antique Burnished Bronze
Vienna Large Mirror in Antique Burnished Bronze
Offered by PlumStruck
Price: $289.95
5 used & new from $185.03

5.0 out of 5 stars True to pic and gorgeous!!!, July 6, 2014
LOVE, love this mirror! I have it in my half bath downstairs which we just completely remodeled with our kitchen. I looked HIGH and low for the perfect mirror and luckily I am brave enough to order online without seeing it in person...I couldn't find what I wanted in physical stores! and trust me, I looked online a LOT too! ;-) This mirror was the absolute perfect fit in our bathroom- had to be wide enough to hide some rather large holes from previous built in mirror but have room for frame etc... The color is just perfect as our new cabinets are maple stained a cherry color...I like the metallic accents and it's just great- love it!! Looks exactly like the pic to me- the little areas that seem lighter are metallic accents like a brushed antiqued finish...the "wood" of course is not real but unless you really scratched it I'd think, you can't tell- cleans up great so far as the bottom of the frame is literally just above the backsplash and faucet! Gets splashed more than I'd like but wipes clean easily. Mirror is nicely beveled- looks far more expensive than it is in my opinion! ;-)

Blumotion Hinge Adapter, Compact w/ Spacer - 10 Pack
Blumotion Hinge Adapter, Compact w/ Spacer - 10 Pack
Offered by BCTC Products Deals
Price: $35.15
8 used & new from $28.47

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME! Will spoil you and make you slam your friends regular cabinets though ;-), July 6, 2014
We are THRILLED with our blumotion hinges! We got one for every single new cabinet door in our new kitchen and downstairs bath!! (Cabinet drawers came with slow close adapters so I wanted doors to have that feature too!) I'm so spoiled rotten when I go into other people's houses, I end up slamming the cabinet doors cause you can close them with some "umph" and they just catch it and slowly close all the way when properly adjusted- wasn't too hard but then again, my husband was the one doing the work! haha We did order an extension piece for the drill that was flexible that other users suggested- think it was somewhat critical to put in due to angles?? again, I didn't do install. My in-laws loved them SO much when they came to see our kitchen that we ordered them a full set and my husband took a trip to NJ to install them!! They love them too from what I hear! I did a LOT of research about each and every aspect of our kitchen remodel and from what I can tell, these are the ones to go with- no skimping on brand here!!

Blumotion Hinge Adapter, Compact w/ Spacer - 5 Pack
Blumotion Hinge Adapter, Compact w/ Spacer - 5 Pack
Offered by cco9
Price: $12.31
6 used & new from $12.31

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME- you'll get spoiled and slam your friend's cabinets though ;-), July 6, 2014
We are THRILLED with our blumotion hinges! We got one for every single new cabinet door in our new kitchen and downstairs bath!! (cabinet drawers already had slow close adapters installed but wanted in doors too!) I'm so spoiled rotten when I go into other people's houses, I end up slamming the cabinet doors cause you can close them with some "umph" and they just catch it and slowly close all the way when properly adjusted- wasn't too hard but then again, my husband was the one doing the work! haha We did order an extension piece for the drill that was flexible that other users suggested- think it was somewhat critical to put in due to angles?? again, I didn't do install. My in-laws loved them SO much when they came to see our kitchen that we ordered them a full set and my husband took a trip to NJ to install them!! They love them too from what I hear! I did a LOT of research about each and every aspect of our kitchen remodel and from what I can tell, these are the ones to go with- no skimping on brand here!!

e.l.f. HD Undereye Concealer Setting Powder with Brush, Sheer, 0.04 Ounce
e.l.f. HD Undereye Concealer Setting Powder with Brush, Sheer, 0.04 Ounce
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $5.10
9 used & new from $3.00

2.0 out of 5 stars glitter that I was trying to pick off and ended up looking so bad, I had to wash my face, July 6, 2014
has possible uses but not for what they say! I found it far far too sparkly with actual larger pieces of ?glitter that I was trying to pick off and ended up looking so bad, I had to wash my face, re-moisturize, rest my skin which got irritated and start over! I also prefer a creamy highlighter that you blend in like from Body Shop- I do like some ELF products, and tried this several ways as suggested on box- mixed in with cream as highlighter, and then tried to salvage as just light colored eye shadow/highlighter but those darn sparkly flecks would still end up under my eyes and on my cheeks... if you like sparkle and are much younger (I'm 42) then might be great for you! ;-)

Prepworks from Progressive Collapsible Cupcake and Cake Carrier, Standard Packaging
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $35.08
17 used & new from $29.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome carrier for highly decorated cakes/cupcakes, March 20, 2010
First off I DO agree that the handle was in retrospect rather cheap as it broke for me too... BUT not until I had transported at least 3 heavy fully decorated cakes and several times with cupcakes- I fully agree with many here that mentioned that you would (or should) NEVER rely on the handle- a plastic one at that- to transport something that you spent SO much time and love on and that is basically irreplaceable unless you SOMEhow have the time to start alll over again :) I am SO sorry for those of you who experienced such a nightmare! But I have always tried to learn a valuble lesson from such disasters! This is a very very heavy duty- and heavy carrier so the handle clearly wouldn't be enough to hold it when full of something so heavy and dense as cakes/cupcakes....I always (thankfully) held it by the bottom and used the handle to help hold it upright and steady. My handle DID however break though when my husband used it to pull out the top from the collapsed state. I say above that I wish I had read these reviews to know this would certainly happen so we could have 'babied' it for a bit longer. He assures me we can fix it as you do need something to pull it out from the collapsed position.
HOWEVER, this is most certainly better than any other carrier I have tried myself and I've had several- they just don't carry so many cupcakes or ones that have piles of beautifully decorated cupcakes without compressing and messing up all your work! The stands are great for display as well if it's not a particularly fancy event- if so I would transfer them to a tree etc...but quite nice for taking to your office etc.- can just take the top off and they are beautifully ready for people to take them out one by one without messing up the others due to the finger cutouts that others mentioned.... and Yes a cake WILL slide around and ruin your work as well as cardboard certainly slides on plastic but I have found this to be a concern on any carrier and I just cut out a piece of rug backing or the same design of shelf liner or the like. It works perfect and you don't see it!!
All in all I give this at least 4 stars and the only reason it's not five is because for five stars I expect shear perfection :)
Hope this helps!!
ps- not sure why one person said it was ugly? I don't really care what the cover looks like to begin with but I will say that I have actually gotten several compliments on it! :)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2011 11:12 PM PDT