Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Laura I > Reviews

Browse

Laura I's Profile

Customer Reviews: 335

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura I RSS Feed (Fairchild AFB, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bionaire Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier, BUL9500B-U
Bionaire Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier, BUL9500B-U
Price: $99.99
3 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Humidifer, Large Capacity, April 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've had quite a few humidifiers, and this is definitely my favorite so far. It looks sleek and modern, and is very easy to take apart, fill, and clean. The instruction booklet recommends changing the water daily and then once a week rinsing it out with some vinegar. I haven't had any issues with any mold growth so far. This is a very large humidifier, so even running on high, it seems it would take longer than a day to drain. That combined with the instructions to empty it daily makes me think that this might be a little too big. It's two gallons, so it is quite heavy when filled. As a petite female, I do have some trouble lifting it when filled and returning it to it's stand on top of my dresser. Keep this in mind if you have any kinds of physical disabilities. Otherwise it does have a very powerful stream of mist that it produces, and I'm quite happy with it. I've never had a "warm mist" humidifier, and honestly the mist temperature feels no different when it's running 'warm' as opposed to 'cool'. No issues with leaking, but I do have mine sitting on a tray just in case.

Zinus Modern Studio Platform 1500H Metal Bed Frame/Mattress Foundation with Headboard, King
Price: $153.18
2 used & new from $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bed for memory foam mattresses, April 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a king size memory foam mattress and was looking for a platform frame and headboard for it. This fit the bill perfectly and isn't much more expensive than just a frame alone. I don't use a boxspring, so having a raised frame keeps the height of the bed correct, and also allows me to store things in bins underneath.

The bed arrived quickly, and with no damage to it. It was double boxed with good packing, and so no concerns there. This was also probably the easiest piece of furniture I've ever assembled. Some reviews mentioned one of the bars being short and not lining up correctly, but I did not have that problem at all.

The reason I gave this 4 stars and not 5, is because the bed creeks quite a bit. I had to take the mattress off and tighten all the screws as much as possible. Just something to be aware of.

Hamilton Beach 78213 NutriFresh Vacuum Sealer with 12 Bag Starter Set, Grey
Hamilton Beach 78213 NutriFresh Vacuum Sealer with 12 Bag Starter Set, Grey
Offered by LIVING QUARTERS PRODUCTS
Price: $99.77
8 used & new from $59.47

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I live without it?, April 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been curious about these vacuum sealers for a long time and was glad to finally be able to try one out. I always think of Hamilton Beach as being an affordable brand that is still reliable. It might not have all the bell's and whistles of a more expensive vacuum sealer, but it definitely gets the job done and more. I love to make and prep meals for the work week so that I can eat healthy despite being busy. This vacuum sealer is great for making a batch of breakfast burritos and then freezing them. I wrap them individually in paper towels, then seal them in wrap and freeze. Remove the wrap and microwave in the paper towel, boom, breakfast! The "re-sealing" only feature, was one I didn't put much weight in at first, but surprisingly I use it all the time. A bag of rice, for example, I then reseal closed, and I don't have to worry about bags being flimsily clipped closed or attracting insects. Overall, I haven't had any problems with this vacuum sealer and would recommend and purchase again if needed in the future.

Slendertone Abs7 Abdominal Muscle Toner - Core Abs Workout Belt
Slendertone Abs7 Abdominal Muscle Toner - Core Abs Workout Belt
Price: $181.97
6 used & new from $154.67

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, March 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using the "slendertone" for a little over a month now. I've used other microcurrent divices in the past, but this is my first 'ab belt' that I've ever tried before. I like working out, but my least favorite is laying down on the ground and doing crunches. I'm under no belief that this ab stimulator is going to help me lose weight, but if it can strengthen my abs, then that's all I'm looking for. I found it easy to use, just wrap it around your waist, turn it on, and sit back for 30 minutes while it does it's thing. It has various intensity levels, starting at 0 and going up to 150. I started at 20 and worked my way up to 60, but I think it'll be a long time before I'm able to go past that. 60 is definitely INTENSE, but not painful, I definitely feel my stomach muscles contract the same as if I was doing a crunch. I was worried that this might hurt, but I haven't felt uncomfortable at all using it. The only caveat is that I find the belt somewhat ill fitting. I'm a size 4, and it's nearly too big for me, even when wrapped as tightly as possible. I saw other reviewers complain that it's too snug. Probably the manufacturer needs to just make different sizes instead of a "one size fits all" approach. That said, I am satisfied with it overall.

Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Biotin Volume Magic Powder, 0.35 Ounce
Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Biotin Volume Magic Powder, 0.35 Ounce
Price: $6.97
8 used & new from $6.97

3.0 out of 5 stars More expensive than other, similar products, March 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm comparing this product, to a nearly identical one also offered on Amazon: Sexy Hair Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Volumizing and Texturizing Powder, 0.53 Ounce. Both are fine powders, that seem to "magically" turn into a texturizing wax when applied to the scalp. I have very fine hair, and I do enjoy both products for the volume that they give me. I add the powder to my scalp, scrunch up to shape the volume I want, and voila! my hair looks a lot fuller. It doesn't hold all day, but the "waxiness" does, and I can easily reshape anytime for hours of volume. What bothers me about this particular brand, Schwarzkopf, is that it's more expensive than the one by BigSexyHair. Schwarzkopf is $12.75 for 10g of product, or about $1.28 a gram. BigSexyHair is $10.09 for 15g, or $0.67 a gram. Another issue, is the Schwarzkopf brand smells VERY strongly of baby powder, whereas the BigSexyHair one doesn't seem to smell like anything. In conclusion, next time I'll purchase BigSexyHair.

Vichy Pureté Thermale Soothing Eye Make-Up Remover, Paraben-Free, Alcohol-Free
Vichy Pureté Thermale Soothing Eye Make-Up Remover, Paraben-Free, Alcohol-Free
Price: $17.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive with Average Performance, February 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was just ok. I normally use Earth Science Chamomile & Green Tea Eye Makeup Remover, 4fl.oz. and thought that this might work even better. Well, it's actually worse. The Earth Science eye makeup remover is $1.67 an ounce currently, whereas this Vichy eye makeup remover is selling for $3.33 an ounce. So, the Vichy brand is nearly twice as expensive. If I compare the ingredients, the Earth Science is more natural. I don't like that Vichy contains artificial fragrances as those are 1) not beneficial to the skin and 2) give me headaches.

I wear a some heavy duty eye makeup: eye primer, long wear eye shadow, waterproof eye liner and water proof mascara. The Vichy eye makeup remover has a consistency like water and has to be applied with a cotton ball. I find myself tugging and pulling quite a bit across my eye with the cotton ball to remove my eye makeup. The Earth Science has a gel like consistency, as such I usually apply a little to my fingers and then gently glide across my eyelid to remove.

Their ability to dissolve makeup is about the same. As such, I gave the Vichy 3 stars. That said, I would not purchase this brand and will stick to Earth Science. My reasons being that I don't like the watery consistency of the Vichy, I don't like the scent or ingredients, and it's twice as expensive.

The Seaweed Bath Co Balancing Eucalyptus and Peppermint Argan Shampoo
The Seaweed Bath Co Balancing Eucalyptus and Peppermint Argan Shampoo
Price: $12.89
12 used & new from $8.71

3.0 out of 5 stars Contains Dimethicone/Silicone, February 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Jason brand, "natural" shampoos for years, so I was used to low sudsing shampoo. This Seaweed shampoo is more expensive than Jason, as I can usually get a 12oz bottle of their tea tree shampoo for around $6 locally. I was somewhat surprised by the consistency of this shampoo the first time I used it. It was not as "liquidy", more solid, almost like jello. The smell was divine though, I love all things mint. It bubbled up in my hair A LOT. Way more than I'm used to with SLS free shampoos. This got me suspicious that perhaps it had SLS in it. Checking the label it uses Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate as an SLS alternative, which is naturally derived and not toxic per my own internet research on the ingredient. This is a different sudsing agent then what it is used by Jason brand. All the sudsing and the minty smell made this a pretty enjoyable shampoo to use and made me feel like my hair was getting 'extra clean'.

Here's where I have a problem with this shampoo though. It contains dimethicone, which is a non-water soluble silicone. While the dimethicone may give you the illusion that your hair is sleeker and shinier, it is very difficult to remove. It creates a coating over your hair that prevents conditioning and hydrating ingredients from reaching it. Over time this makes your hair dry and brittle. The dimethicone builds up and is difficult to remove, especially with an SLS free shampoo.

If this shampoo was dimethicone free, I would consider switching from Jason to this brand. However, due to the price point and the dimethicone, I wont be continuing to use it.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2016 4:25 PM PDT

Cloop Magnetic Cable Keeper, 6 Large
Cloop Magnetic Cable Keeper, 6 Large
Price: $23.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool way to organize cables, February 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one of those things where you're not sure how you lived without them before. They're so great for keeping cords organized, in a simpler and more attractive way than using a twist tie. I use these on all of my head phone cords and also on charger cables. 6 is probably more than you'll ever need, but you'll probably find yourself giving extras to friends anyway.

Black & Decker BDH100WW Powered Squeegee Vac
Black & Decker BDH100WW Powered Squeegee Vac
Price: $69.99
10 used & new from $55.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaves Streaks, January 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This squeegee vac seemed like the ultimate window washing solution, but unfortunately fell short of my expectations. I do like that it is cordless, so once it's charged you can take this anywhere. The battery seems to last long enough for any clean needs I have personally come across. I tend to recharge it when I'm done and then store it. It has indicator lights (red or green) to let you know the battery status. The instructions don't say if it's ok to fill the reservoir with anything other than water, and I found that water was not sufficient to remove finger prints from glass. I also didn't like the spray mechanism, I found it cumbersome to use, especially for large jobs. I found that instead, I would spray window cleaner and then use this to squeegee vac across the glass. Unfortunately the squeegee leaves vertical streaks. Because of the streaks, this is a deal breaker for me.

Epson Runsense SF-810 GPS Watch with built-in Heart Rate Monitor
Epson Runsense SF-810 GPS Watch with built-in Heart Rate Monitor
Price: $299.99
3 used & new from $199.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sports Monitor for Runners, January 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great sports monitor for runners, but has a bit of a steep 'learning curve'. I was surprised to unfold the hefty "quick start" guide and find myself somewhat overwhelmed. I'm sure with frequent use, the commands become memorized, but for awhile it's just going to be trial and error trying to figure out all the features. I like that it has 'vibration' or 'tone' alerts when you hit your goal (ie distance, heart rate, lap, time), so that you don't have to keep checking the watch while you run. The initial setup has you enter your age, height and weight. That information coupled with the watch recording your altitude, distance, stride, and heart rate, adds up to very accurate calories burned information. I compared this watch with a friend's Fitbit Surge and they measured my heart rate the same, so I feel that feature is likely accurate. This watch and the Surge are also about the same size, which is a bit of a shame. As a petite female with a small wrist, this watch looks huge. As such I don't plan to wear it all the time, only when running. And for that purpose, I'm really pleased with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20