Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Laura I > Reviews

Browse

Laura I's Profile

Customer Reviews: 328

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura I RSS Feed (Fairchild AFB, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cloop Magnetic Cable Keeper, 6 Large
Cloop Magnetic Cable Keeper, 6 Large
Price: $23.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool way to organize cables, February 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one of those things where you're not sure how you lived without them before. They're so great for keeping cords organized, in a simpler and more attractive way than using a twist tie. I use these on all of my head phone cords and also on charger cables. 6 is probably more than you'll ever need, but you'll probably find yourself giving extras to friends anyway.

Black & Decker BDH100WW Powered Squeegee Vac
Black & Decker BDH100WW Powered Squeegee Vac
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $69.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaves Streaks, January 31, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This squeegee vac seemed like the ultimate window washing solution, but unfortunately fell short of my expectations. I do like that it is cordless, so once it's charged you can take this anywhere. The battery seems to last long enough for any clean needs I have personally come across. I tend to recharge it when I'm done and then store it. It has indicator lights (red or green) to let you know the battery status. The instructions don't say if it's ok to fill the reservoir with anything other than water, and I found that water was not sufficient to remove finger prints from glass. I also didn't like the spray mechanism, I found it cumbersome to use, especially for large jobs. I found that instead, I would spray window cleaner and then use this to squeegee vac across the glass. Unfortunately the squeegee leaves vertical streaks. Because of the streaks, this is a deal breaker for me.

Epson Runsense SF-810 GPS Watch, Violet
Epson Runsense SF-810 GPS Watch, Violet
Offered by Clever Training
Price: $258.92
5 used & new from $257.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sports Monitor for Runners, January 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great sports monitor for runners, but has a bit of a steep 'learning curve'. I was surprised to unfold the hefty "quick start" guide and find myself somewhat overwhelmed. I'm sure with frequent use, the commands become memorized, but for awhile it's just going to be trial and error trying to figure out all the features. I like that it has 'vibration' or 'tone' alerts when you hit your goal (ie distance, heart rate, lap, time), so that you don't have to keep checking the watch while you run. The initial setup has you enter your age, height and weight. That information coupled with the watch recording your altitude, distance, stride, and heart rate, adds up to very accurate calories burned information. I compared this watch with a friend's Fitbit Surge and they measured my heart rate the same, so I feel that feature is likely accurate. This watch and the Surge are also about the same size, which is a bit of a shame. As a petite female with a small wrist, this watch looks huge. As such I don't plan to wear it all the time, only when running. And for that purpose, I'm really pleased with it.

D-Link DCS-960L HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera (Black)
D-Link DCS-960L HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera (Black)
Price: $144.98
13 used & new from $112.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wi-fi security camera, January 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tried out a couple different cameras and never really been impressed, but this one is definitely a keeper. I found it very easy to set up and love that I can check on the camera at anytime using the app on my phone or my kindle fire. By putting a memory card in it, It will save short video clips to watch later. I have it set to record only when it detects movement. I have mine watching the entryway to my house and the wide angle is excellent to observe basically everything. I took a star off because I find the camera does not record well at night. Also, when it's very bright outside, again it struggles. So maybe there's a way to adjust the contrast, but I haven't figured that out yet. Overall I'm very pleased with this camera.

bliss Triple Oxygen Radiant Protection Serum, 1 fl. oz.
bliss Triple Oxygen Radiant Protection Serum, 1 fl. oz.
Price: $58.00
9 used & new from $58.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Ok, January 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using this serum morning and evening for about a month now. I'm in my 30's with combination skin, some fine lines, acne prone skin, and some skin tone discoloration. I can't say this serum has really done anything to improve that situation. The serum is tinted a light pink color with some shimmer to deflect light. As such, when you put it on it does make your skin artificially appear nicer, but I'm not sure that I want that feature in a serum. The product description for this serum is very vague, only providing two sentences with broad claims that it will make your skin better in general. I like it when a product discusses the ingredients and what their individual benefits are. This serum does have a very, very extensive ingredient list, but one that I found confusing and not particularly "natural". I tend to gravitate more towards products with simple, mostly natural ingredients.In the end, this product is just "ok", and as such I'll keep looking. On a positive note, it didn't cause me to break out.

Eau Fraiche Divine Orchid Acorelle 1 oz Liquid
Eau Fraiche Divine Orchid Acorelle 1 oz Liquid
Offered by LA SuperMart
Price: $22.47
10 used & new from $19.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice natural scent that isn't too floral, January 3, 2016
I really love this perfume. Normally I'm a fan of musky/spicy perfumes, but while I'm a fan those scents (sandalwood, patchouli), a lot of other people tend to detest them. I was looking for a natural perfume with a more universally loved scent that I would also like. This orchid scent, although floral, is not a strong floral, and also has an exotic feel that I really like. The bottle says that the scent is also "anti-stress"; and who doesn't need more of that in their lives?? My coworkers and friends like this scent better than my previous ones, so it's a definite win for me!

Lenovo Flex 3 14-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Windows 10) 80R3000UUS
Price: Click here to see our price
47 used & new from $709.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Laptop, But Slow, December 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This isn't a bad laptop, but I'm not wowed by it either. With people increasingly favoring tablets over desktop computers, this touchscreen laptop is trying to be both. At 14" in size, it's far from compact and as convenient as a tablet would be, but it is nice to have a full keyboard. It folds up so that you could rest it on your lap or have it stand. This is nice for long car ride or plane ride where you might want to watch movies. Although it doesn't have a CD/DVD drive so these would need to be movies you had downloaded. My biggest issue with this laptop is how slow it is. When turning off the laptop, it takes it nearly a full minute to fully shut down. When turning on, it takes about 30 seconds before the login screen comes up. Maybe I'm impatient, but I'm used to more responsive technology than this. I always instinctively think that the laptop has frozen because it just seems to take a long time. Obviously a laptop like this is just fine for basic functions like email, internet, word, etc. But I wouldn't recommend it for much more than that, like gaming. It's also annoying that they pre-loaded it with so much software because constantly little windows are popping up saying "do you want to start your 14 day trial?" just slows it down even more.

Carlisle 609106 Metal Single Bottle Free Standing Countertop Wine Holder
Carlisle 609106 Metal Single Bottle Free Standing Countertop Wine Holder
Price: $19.34
3 used & new from $19.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but a tight fit, December 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It usually takes me two or three days to finish a bottle of red wine (any longer than that and of course the wine doesn't seem to to taste as good). Anyway, white wine I'll stick in the fridge, but a bottle of red I leave out on the counter. This holder makes everything just look a little nicer. I do like that it has a handle to pour the bottle straight from the holder. I took off a star because it's definitely a little difficult to get the bottle into it. The design uses tension to keep the bottle inside and of course you have to fight that tension to get it in. Wine bottles tend to come in different heights and the taller ones are definitely more of a struggle than the stouter bottles. That said, I haven't had one that I couldn't get in. I find that holding the bottle of the holder with two hands and then pushing the base of the wine bottle down with my two thumbs seems to be the best technique. Overall, I do like the look and function of this wine bottle holder.

Zumba Fitness Tone Up DVD System
Zumba Fitness Tone Up DVD System
Price: $44.95
2 used & new from $44.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to follow, December 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never gone to a Zumba class before, but I've heard lots of great things from people and was curious. I figured trying this out at home seemed a lot better than going to a class. Unfortunately I was not impressed. I'll start by saying that as a millenial, I'm kind of over DVDs. I'd much rather stream files from my computer than use a DVD. Zumba doesn't have any downloadable sets, only DVDs. As for the content of the DVDs, well, it's just not my cup of tea. I've done dance workouts before, and it's always a little tricky at first, but this felt impossible to follow. The "30 minute burn" dance workout, is just a lady dancing and giving no verbal cues at all. She simply dances and I guess you're expected to follow along? Even the audience in the background doesn't appear to be following along particularly well. I found it incredibly frustrating as a beginner. There's also a chair workout, but that feels a little bit like I'm in a nursing home, so I'll pass. Then there's another ab workout that takes place in a chair, and two other upper body workouts. The upper body workouts are less like dancing, and more like weight lifting. I do enjoy weight lifting, but if I want to do a weight lifting workout, I'm not going to waste my time with 2.5lb weights that sound like rattles. In short, I'm very disappointed in this set and can't recommend it.

Vichy ProEven Daily Dark Spot Corrector
Vichy ProEven Daily Dark Spot Corrector
Price: $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fades marks, be patient!, December 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This spot corrector cream really does lighten sun spots and dark scars. I had previously used a different brand spot corrector, that was like a gel in consistency, and it worked great, but the problem was that the gel sat ontop of the skin and took forever to dry. This product is more like a cream in consistency and absorbs quickly. I'm currently using this cream on some red marks left behind by acne and also a red scar on my arm. The cream is definitely lightening both of them. I use the cream twice daily, once in the morning before I put on my face lotion or makeup, and then in the evening after I wash my face. My number one recommendation is just to be consistent and patient. It'll probably take a good 6 months to a year to fully fade a spot. The way I think of it, in a year from now this mark could be gone or it could still be? Which would you choose? Well, I'm going to try and make it go away! To speed up results, I like to also use a 15% glycolic acid peel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20