Profile for Laura I > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 287

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura I RSS Feed (Fairchild AFB, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
EcoTools Complex Collection Mattifying Finish  Brush
EcoTools Complex Collection Mattifying Finish Brush
Offered by BlueScandal
Price: $8.98
6 used & new from $7.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for pressed powder, April 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love ecotools brushes. I've had some for around a decade and they're made very well and last. That said, I'm not a huge fan of this particular one. I got it thinking it would work well with pressed powder, but it doesn't seem to pick up the powder well and the bristles are kind of stiff. It might work better with loose powder, but I have none so couldn't try it. I have oily skin and liked the idea of a brush being 'mattifying'. Unfortunately I just had no luck with it and will continue using my flat top brush for pressed powders.

Karma Card Game
Karma Card Game
Price: $10.31
31 used & new from $5.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for couples, April 15, 2015
This review is from: Karma Card Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband and I don't have children, but we like to play card games together. Unfortunately there aren't very many card games that are meant for just two people. I'm also not a fan of very complicated games and so that creates quite a few limitations on what's a good game for us. The rules are a bit complicated, but once we started playing it made sense. I love that I can play this game with just my husband or a group. For parties, I'm sure fan of Cards Against Humanity, but I don't always want to play a game like that depending on my company. Overall, this one's a winner, with enough twists to keep it interesting.

Georgie Beauty Style No. 1 'La Chérie' Faux Lash Compact
Georgie Beauty Style No. 1 'La Chérie' Faux Lash Compact
Price: $28.00
3 used & new from $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality False Eyelashes, April 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like a lot of women, I've always been fascinated with the look of false eyelashes. That said, the cheap drugstore ones have always been so irritating and uncomfortable that I'd remove them after a few hours. These are much nicer than any $5 pair you'd get at Walgreens. Applying takes a little practice, but by the third try I felt like a pro. Only complaint is the white glue that comes with it doesn't blend with black eyeliner. I'll replace it with black glue once it runs out. The best part is how natural these look. No one knew I had them on, but some asked if I had on a new mascara 😁

Viper Specter Bilingual Electronic Soft-Tip Dartboard
Viper Specter Bilingual Electronic Soft-Tip Dartboard
Price: $91.21
6 used & new from $88.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Midrange Dartboard, April 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this dartboard to add a little variety to when I have friends over drinking. I've played darts before at other people's homes and at bars, but usually when drunk and with zero understanding of how the game is actually played. The game instructions that come with this are easy and I finally have a real idea of how to play. Compared to other dartboard on amazon, this one is about midrange. That said, it's not the fanciest, not the prettiest, and the darts are cheap. But for the casual player like myself, it gets the job done.

Sterling Silver Montana and White Swarovski Crystal Twisted Hoop Earrings
Sterling Silver Montana and White Swarovski Crystal Twisted Hoop Earrings
Price: $55.14

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice earrings, but overpriced and rhodium plated, March 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a fan of silver and gemstone jewelry and have a large collection. When I got these in the mail, my first thought was "costume jewelry". Not that costume jewelry is a bad thing, I have my fair share of that too. The color of the metal is not the same as true sterling silver, it is more white, like the fake silver you see in costume jewelry. The description says this is rhodium plated silver. Rhodium plating covers any flaws in workmanship of mass produced jewelry and also doesn't tarnish. The plating does wear off though over time, and sometimes there is a layer of nickel under the rhodium. If a person has a nickel allergy that can be a problem. These earrings do look nicely made, the crystals are set well and the clasp is very secure. They are a bit thick and heavy compared to fine jewelry; likely from the rhodium plating.

Overall, I like them, and most people will think these are fine jewelry earrings if they see you wearing them. The reason I took off two stars is because first I think they're over priced. You can find very similar earrings at any department store for around $25. Second, I think the title is a little deceiving, describing these as sterling silver when they are actually rhodium plated.

Primula Tempo Infusion Hot/Cold Tea and Fruit Water Pitcher, 55-Ounce, Black
Primula Tempo Infusion Hot/Cold Tea and Fruit Water Pitcher, 55-Ounce, Black
Price: $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Fragile, Poor Design, March 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think Primula is a cool brand, I have their 'flowering tea pot', which I love, and so was interested to try more of their stuff. When I first saw this on Amazon I wrongly assumed this was like a French press, but for tea. I was wrong. The mesh stays stationary at the top as a filter and dies not press down. I also assumed the body was plastic, but it is glass. Actually the pitcher is very similar to the flowering tea pit I mentioned, as its a very thin, delicate construction. The pitcher arrived at my house broken the first time and Amazon has to send out a replacement. This had me somewhat concerned as the box wasn't damaged at all. I love tea, and this 55oz pitcher makes about 7, 8oz cups of it. The problem is there's no way to remove the loose tea leaves after you're done brewing. I like green tea and I imagine it would get bitter tasting if I left the leaves surgically day. The other issue is that since the leaves stay in the pitcher, it makes it super slow to pour because the leaves slow and clog up the filter. Overall, I think this pitcher was a good idea with poor design. I'm also very concerned that it'll end up breaking easily.

Miracle-Gro Groables Cherry Tomato Seed Pod
Miracle-Gro Groables Cherry Tomato Seed Pod
Offered by Sea Side Stores
Price: $6.99
9 used & new from $1.36

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, No Instructions, March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not the best gardener, and my main struggle is usually between buying seeds (which is cheaper but harder) or buying plants (more expensive but easier). Starting seeds indoors is usually hit or miss for me. When I am able to get them to grow, I usually kill them when I'm trying to transfer them outside. Given my past difficulties, this variable seed pod appealed to me as a possible solution. The assumption is that I just stick the pod in a pot, water it and let it grow. I say "assumption" because it came with zero instructions. So, can it be started inside? I don't know. When do I plant it outside based on my gardening zone? No idea. My plan is to try planting it outside after the last frost, so I can't try it set to see if this is pod is successful or not. That said, I'm not buying more because I got my Burpee catalog in the mail and realized the cost of a pod is the same price as buying a plant! So it defeats the point.

Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake, French Vanilla, 15 Ounce
Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake, French Vanilla, 15 Ounce
Price: $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting, overwhelming stevia taste, March 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using GNC brand unflavored soy protein for about a decade now. In more recent years there's been some negative opinions on soy and I've been reading more about pea protein. I was curious to try this Vega shake for those reasons. Reading the ingredients label, I was pretty impressed with it, it seems to have everything I've been reading about in health magazines, for example inulin, papaya extract, maca, goji, etc. I was dissapointed though to see that there's only 10 servings, where my GNC soy shake is 21. Also, the vega is 160 calories with 20 grams of protein and the GNC is 60 calories for 13 grams protein. Making GNC a better protein per calorie ratio. I was also weary of the Vega having Stevia in it, as I don't like the fake sugar taste. Well, upon making the shake with almond milk, I can tell you it tastes absolutely disgusting. It has a TON of stevia in it, and tastes so cloying and gross that I can barely stomach it. Suddenly I was glad that there were only 10 servings in a can. Even the 'natural' flavor still has stevia in it. I don't know why they feel the need to do this, if I want flavor in the shake, I'll add a little vanilla extract and honey or something. Unfortunately, there's no way to get rid of the stevia taste. I've tried different things like adding peanut butter or cocoa powder. Cocoa powder seems to work the best, but the nasty taste is still there. Unfortunately, I wont be re-ordering this.

Comvita Olive Leaf Extract Health Supplement, Natural, 3.38 Fluid Ounce
Comvita Olive Leaf Extract Health Supplement, Natural, 3.38 Fluid Ounce
Price: $13.05
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Supplement, March 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I recently returned from a vacation to New Zealand. While in NZ I visited an olive grove where staff spoke highly of olive leaf extract saying people take it to keep from getting colds. They did note that the taste is not pleasant. I was tempted to buy a bottle there, as I'm a bit of a supplement junky, but the price was expensive and I wanted to research olive leaf extract more first.

I did some reading online and found that olive leaf extract is high in antioxidants and a substance called oleuropine which is believed to lower blood pressure, improve cardiovascular health and all over health improvement. The substance has not been studied well, and there were no noted interactions, although I'd avoid taking with other medications that lower blood pressure or before a planned surgery. When I found this on Amazon I was excited to try it as the price is less than in NZ. The bottle says it's made in NZ, another plus to me. Ingredients are only olive leaf extract, water, and vegetable glycerine. The glycerine is likely to add sweetness and work as a preservative. I was expecting a bad taste, but was pleasantly surprised. It tasted sweet with a bit of bitter after taste. Not good tasting, but not unbearable. Remember, this is olive LEAF, not olive OIL, so don't expect the same taste.

Its hard to say if its improved my health or not, but I'm going to keep with it.

OXO Good Grips Baker's 4-Piece Silicone Decorating Bottle Kit, Clear
OXO Good Grips Baker's 4-Piece Silicone Decorating Bottle Kit, Clear
Price: $9.99
5 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the occasional baker, February 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I only bake cupcakes a couple times a year, and drawer space us at a premium in my kitchen. That's why I love this frosting dispenser. It's replacing a much larger cookie-press style one I had that required two hands to use, took up a lot if space, and was horrible to clean. With this oxo one, I can hold and dispense with one hand. This is very compact too, only holds about one cup. Obviously you'll have to fill it again half way through decorating, but it's very easy to fill and worth it for the small size. The metal decorating tips are universally sized, so the ones I already had fit this too. I'm storing the tips inside the body of it. It completely comes apart to clean. I can't remember if it says it's dishwasher safe, but I washed it in the top rack no problem.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20