Profile for Laura I > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 256

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura I RSS Feed (Fairchild AFB, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Mask, 2 fl. oz.
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Mask, 2 fl. oz.
Price: $22.00
2 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural clay based treatment mask, October 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have combination skin with an oily T-zone, while the rest of my face can be quite dry. I also have adult, acne prone skin. A couple years ago I had the privilege of visiting the #2 destination spa in the world (mii amo in Sedona) and getting a facial. The esthetician recommended that I use only natural products, use a mask once to twice a week, a serum daily and of course spf daily as well. Since then I have been on a search for the perfect products to use. I have seen 'Juice Beauty' around, but this is the first time using one of their products. I always read the ingredients carefully, and this product does have a couple preservatives and emulsifiers, but no sulfates or parabens which I always avoid.

This is a bentonite clay based mask which also has a mild peeling/chemical exfoliant effect from the apple and lemon juice and salicylic acid (willow bark extract). When I applied it, I did feel a mild tingling from this. I normally do a 15% salicylic acid peel once a week, so if you don't do peels regularly, this tingly may feel a little stronger for you. It also has some antibacterial/anti-inflamatory benefits from the zinc, bamboo, vitamins E & B5. To top it off, a little moisturizing and healing, with the additions of sunflower seed oil, glycerin, lavender and myrrh.

Although the instructions say to leave it on for 10 mins, I left the mask on for 30 mins to let it dry more before washing off. I do like it as a spot treatment too. It does not get completely dry and flake off like some clay masks do, I suspect because of the addition of the oil and glycerin. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this mask, and now curious to try more of the Juice Beauty line.

Corel PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate
Corel PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate
Price: $65.53
31 used & new from $56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice alternative to Photoshop, October 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Photoshop for my image editing since 2001, and have used several generations of that software since. This is the first time I've used a Corel Paint Shop product. I should note that the last Photoshop version I used was CS 5. I am definitely not a professional graphic artist, but I do enjoy editing personal photos and making creative images with these types of programs. I was surprised how similar this program is to Photoshop, the main difference seems to be the price, as Photoshop is typically around $150 on a good day. So you're saving around 50%. This product has all the tools I love in Photoshop, such as the selection tools: magic wand, but did not have the magnetic selection tool. Has the clone brush and eye dropper, which I use to erase parts of images I'd rather not be in there and fill with background instead. It has some nice, easy enhancements too. I really like the 'one step photo fix', it automatically adjusts the light and contrast, enhances colors to make the image pop without looking artificial. In some ways it's easier for me to use than CS5, which has a little more bells and whistles then I needed or ever cared to use.

I should note that I have this product installed on a Dell all in one desktop (basically just a big tablet) that's running Windows 8.1 I was a little weary at first wondering if the program would be slow or have trouble installing as this all in one is not too powerful compared to a standard desktop or laptop, but it runs perfectly.

100% Pure Healthy Skin Powder Foundation Creme
100% Pure Healthy Skin Powder Foundation Creme
Offered by The Beauty Box
Price: $26.00
6 used & new from $24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst makeup I've ever used, October 16, 2014
HORRIBLE! I've tried a lot of makeup, from $1 drugstore finds, to expensive designer makeup. This is by far the worst makeup I've ever worn. The first time I ordered, it arrived completely broken apart, I returned it and tried again. I thought the metal compact was very cute and was excited to try the brand. I applied it with a foundation brush. Well, I was surprised how cakey it is. It applies thick and clumpy. Yes, clumpy. It accentuates the pores and is not layerable/buildable like most powders. It looked completely gross. I went to the department store during my lunch break and had the girl do my makeup, as I was too embarrassed to keep this stuff on for the rest of the day.

Eye Shadow - Fruit Pigmented - Vanilla Sugar By 100% Pure
Eye Shadow - Fruit Pigmented - Vanilla Sugar By 100% Pure
Offered by Shop Direct
Price: $17.02
6 used & new from $16.66

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed with this brand, October 16, 2014
I bought this eye shadow as well as the mascara, face powder, and coffee eye cream. I loved that the line is natural and planned on replacing all my products with items from this brand. Well, sorry, but I hated everything.

This eye shadow is very light, and I'm the Palest person I know. I like to wear mauve eyeshadow to look natural and professional for work.This was the darkest shade of pink they sell. Well, in person it looks less pink, more flesh colored. It blends to my skin almost perfectly, it's the color of light foundation, and so it was returned.

The Make Ahead Cook
The Make Ahead Cook
by Editors at America's Test Kitchen
Price: $17.97
46 used & new from $15.06

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the time saving revolution I was looking for, October 7, 2014
This review is from: The Make Ahead Cook (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As much as I love the Americas Test Kitchen television show, I was not wowed by this cookbook. Like many working women, I get home from a long day feeling exhausted and hungry. I hate coming home to then make dinner too. I was hoping for some freezer meal recipes and crockpot recipes. There were few recipes in here that appealed to me. The freezer meals require around an hour and a half to then reheat, and I frankly don't want to wait that long. I did make the frozen lasagna recipe, and both my husband and I felt it seemed very watery and like maybe it would need to be cooked a lot longer. This after 70 minutes in a hot oven. Other recipes didn't seem practical to me, and were mostly things you make the evening before and then finish cooking the next day; again needing an. hour to cook.

NutraVege Vegetarian Omega 3 (200mL=6.6oz) NutraSea Nutra Vege by Ascenta Brand: Ascenta
Offered by shopme
Price: $40.27
2 used & new from $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for acne, October 5, 2014
It's a shame this doesn't have any reviews. I paid $27 for it at a local supplements store, which is a lot less than what it's selling for here. This was one of the few vegeterian omega 3/omega 6 blends I could find. It has a pleasant fruity taste. I like that it's made in Canada and that the formulary has been verified. I got this specifically as its supposed to help clear up acne, improve hair and skin. My skins the best it's ever been now. I'll be buying more, but locally until the price improves.

Deva Vegan Vitamins Daily Multivitamin & Mineral Supplement  90 tablets (Pack of 2)
Deva Vegan Vitamins Daily Multivitamin & Mineral Supplement 90 tablets (Pack of 2)
Price: $14.86
12 used & new from $14.86

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if you have acne prone skin, October 5, 2014
I've been a vegeterian for about 15 years, a couple years ago I discovered Deva brand on Amazon. I love their products and trust the brand. That said, I do not like THIS particular multi. Look at the label, it has super high amounts of B vitamins and iodine. Both of which exacerbate acne. I had been using their "tiny tabs multi" with success, but when I could no longer "subscribe and save", I switched to this one. Well, I'll be switching back because this has caused me to break out horribly.

Tom's of Maine Naturally Dry Womens Antiperspirant Stick Deodorant, Unscented, 2 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a natural antipersperant!, September 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was looking for a "natural antipersperant" when I finally found this. Yes, it has aluminum in it. If you don't like aluminum, don't buy it. I've done my own research and have no problem with it. They even use recycled aluminum so there's less environmental impact. That said, I do have an issue with deoderant that test on animals or contain harsh, potentially dangerous ingredients. This is everything I've been wanting for years! It's undocumented, but naturally has a very subtle scent that smells to me like a combination of cucumber and pineapple. I've been using it for a week and it definitely works. I plan to keep using it and I haven't noticed any staining on my clothes.

Palladio Aqua Force Black Waterproof Mascara
Palladio Aqua Force Black Waterproof Mascara
Offered by Best Buy Beauty
Price: $6.77
3 used & new from $6.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Smudge, Paraben-Free, September 16, 2014
I try to use only natural/organic products. That said, I was having a horrible time trying to find a natural mascara that worked well. I've tried every natural mascara I know of, around 5 different products, and they all smudge terribly. The mascara would look like black circles under my eyes, which is not the look I want. I then tried this one. Its not completely natural, you can see from the ingredients, but it doesn't have any of the chemicals I avoid at all cost. So this is the best it gets I think. It stays put really well. It is water proof so can be a little hard to remove, but overall I love it and will purchase more.

Margaritaville DM3500-000-000 Bali Frozen Concoction Maker, Gray
Margaritaville DM3500-000-000 Bali Frozen Concoction Maker, Gray
Price: $383.76
4 used & new from $380.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Large Drink Maker, September 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to say, I was shocked by how big this is when I got it. I was imagining something around the size of a blender, but its actually about 2 feet tall and a foot wide. Not the dimensions in the description. It says its foor home use, but looks professional. Only fault I saw in it was the manual didn't really say how to put it together or take it apart, but I was able to figure it out. Because of how big it is, storage when not in use may be a pain. I'm thinking of keeping mine ontop of the fridge. The size also makes it too big to really take to someones house for a party.

So far I have been using this for frozen alcoholic beverages. Its nice to load it with ingredients and then let the machine do the work for you. I also used it to make "coffee coolata" frozen coffee drinks one morning, which was a big hit. Any kind of frozen drink like smoothies or slushies as well is made perfectly with this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20