Profile for Laura I > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 246

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura I RSS Feed (Fairchild AFB, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rachael Ray Tic Tac Tote, Black
Rachael Ray Tic Tac Tote, Black
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Searching for the Perfect Office Lunch Bag, August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I pray that your office fridge isn't anything like the one at my work. Stuffed to the gills with forgotten food and not very clean. You clean it one day in a massive effort, and the pigs just make it nasty again. Yuck! My previous lunch back was a brightly patterned vinyl type material, very cute, but could not survive the work fridge. Someone pressed it against the light bulb in the fridge and it melted. It picked up stains from the gross fridge as well. People would smash my bag around and things would spill, the old bag was not leak proof and I would pull it out of the fridge and the bottom would be soaked. Enter this tote: the fabric is like a durable canvas type material I am hoping will take abuse better than my old bag. The inside is a metallic type material meant to lock in heat or cold, be leak proof, and easily rinsed out to clean. Size is pretty standard, not too big or too small. The pocket on the front I don't have much use for at the moment, but could hold cutlery, gum, napkins, etc. Overall I'm hoping it will be a vast improvement on my old bag.

Couleur Nature 59-inches by 59-inches Jardine Tablecloth, Red/Green
Couleur Nature 59-inches by 59-inches Jardine Tablecloth, Red/Green
Price: $64.00
2 used & new from $64.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality fabric, doesn't shrink, beautiful print, August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really love the print on this tablecloth. My kitchen is mostly greens, reds, and blues (I like the kitchen colorful), and so this tablecloth goes great. My table is round, about 50" in diameter and the square tablecloth looks amazing on it. I really think I will probably buy some of the other prints. The big test for me was what was going to happen after I washed it, and so I waited to review until today. I washed it cold and tumble dry low. I was expecting it to shrink, but it did not shrink one bit! Even better, it wasn't even wrinkled coming out of the dryer, didn't need to iron at all. I put it back on the table and it looks just as great as before. I'm sure it would get some creases if I folded it up and stored it, but point is it's not a wrinkly fabric.

InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ceramic Ionic Hot Brush and Flat Iron, Purple
InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ceramic Ionic Hot Brush and Flat Iron, Purple
Price: $79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If you straighten your hair daily..., August 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a chin length bob, and my hair texture is very fine and naturally kind of wavy. Just about every morning I blow dry my hair with a round brush and then straighten with a flat iron. So, I'm no stranger to heat styling my hair.

First off, the description says this is "4 tools in 1". More like two tools, a flat iron and a hot brush. I've never used a hot brush like this before, but I have used a curling iron. The problem I always had with a curling iron was my hair is too short and so I would burn myself with it quite frequently. What's nice about using this as a hot brush, is the "stay cool bristles" really do stay cool! As I'm styling, I can touch it and it can touch me, and I don't get burned at all. I think it would be pretty difficult to burn yourself with this, which is a nice feature. The problem I always had with flat ironing my hair, is I'd lose volume. Using it as a hot brush, I'm able to just comb it under the hair like a round brush, and it straightens and adds volume. I have not been successful using it to curl my hair, I think because my hair is just too short.

The only issue I have, and the reason why I took a star off, is the lock feature that keeps it closed is not very sturdy. It frequently opens when I'm using it in the hot brush feature. This is annoying and I have to close and lock it again. I'm not sure if the problem is just with mine or a defect with all of them. Overall I do like it though. It heats up fast and I'm hoping it'll last for a long time.

Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Days: Quick Weight Loss Diet
Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Days: Quick Weight Loss Diet
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars The cabbage soup diet, August 14, 2014
Sorry, I wasn't impressed with this book. It's just the cabbage soup diet, which you can find free all over the internet. The rest of it is simple advice everyone should already know.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2014 8:25 PM PDT

Philips SHQ3200BK/28 ActionFit Sports Earhook Headphones
Philips SHQ3200BK/28 ActionFit Sports Earhook Headphones
Offered by Capital Electronics
Price: $18.99
9 used & new from $12.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, August 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had a similar pair of "hook" style ear buds that I just loved but lost one day. I'm happy to have these. I feel like the hook style just stays on my ears so much better. Obviously they stay on better if you're exercising, but even just sitting or walking around, they feel so much more secure. There's two caveats for why I took a star off. 1) they're a little less comfortable then the old pair I had, as if the look needs to be angled more to wrap around the ear better. 2) it comes with a reinforced cord, which is great, but its atleast a foot shorter than any other headphones I own. They'd be perfect if they just tweaked it a little, but they're good for the price.

Contigo AUTOSEAL Pitcher Set with Infuser Stick and Ice Core, 72-Ounce
Contigo AUTOSEAL Pitcher Set with Infuser Stick and Ice Core, 72-Ounce
Price: $29.55
4 used & new from $29.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Autoseal is hard to use, August 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I took two stars off because I really don't like the "Autoseal" feature of this pitcher. Basically it forms a tight suction with the lid. To take the lid off, you hold down the buttons and pry it off. I'm a woman with small hands and really struggle to take the lid off. The elderly or someone with arthritis doesn't stand a chance. I thought this feature might be of benefit to someone with kids, but no. I turned it upside down, and it leaks terribly through the spout. To contrast, I have a glass bormoli Rocco pitcher I bought from amazon. It has a twist on lid to also form a tight seal, but is easy to remove. I tried turning that one upside down and it did not leak. Of course, the main difference is I got the contigo pitcher for the infused stick. I really like cucumber water, or adding citrus or mint, so this is great for that. I imagine the ice core would be great for when you have guests over and want to whip something up real fast. Of course, you will have to teach your guests how to use the thing!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2014 5:28 PM PDT

Pinzon Classic Memory Foam Pillow
Pinzon Classic Memory Foam Pillow

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pillow 4" thick Memory Foam, July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been interested in having a memory foam pillow for some years and finally hot this one; I already have a memory foam bed. I should note I've been using a download pillow for about 10 years because I like a lot of memory support. The foam for this is a medium-firmness and supports my head well, but in the morning my neck was a little sore. So I took off one star. I'm not sure if a contour memory foam pillow might give a little more neck support.

It should be noted that this pillow is only 4" thick at its widest. So if you like your head elevated,this isn't going to cut it. They sell ones on Amazon that are 6" thick, but they are 2x-3x' s the price (I couldn't find any thicker than that). If you are unfamiliar with memory foam, be prepared for its signature latex paint like smell. It usually takes a couple weeks for it to go away.

MESH BRA SAVER LAUNDRY WASH CUBE
MESH BRA SAVER LAUNDRY WASH CUBE
Offered by Handy Laundry Products Corp.
Price: $5.99
4 used & new from $3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, July 24, 2014
This review is from: MESH BRA SAVER LAUNDRY WASH CUBE
This "laundry cube" was horrible. First, it can only fit a couple bras, and I wear an A cup. Second, the zipper consistently opens in the wash, spilling the bras out and defeating the purpose. I had ordered two and both had this problem. I returned them

Five Star Hanging Locker Shelf, Red (72230)
Five Star Hanging Locker Shelf, Red (72230)
Price: $15.01
4 used & new from $15.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Multiple uses, July 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The mistake I made when I ordered this, is that if your locker has a rod in it (like for hanging clothes) then this won't work. The locker must be one with a shelf at the top and enough space to hang this. I recommend measuring the dimensions of the locker before buying. This hanging shelf is fairly narrow, so I can't imagine it being too wide in most lockers. Because it wouldn't work in my locker, I'm using it hanging from a shelf in my laundry room. It seems quite strong and well made.

DII Everyday Bamboo Middle Stripe Placemat, Blue, Set of 4
DII Everyday Bamboo Middle Stripe Placemat, Blue, Set of 4
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but a bit cheaply made, July 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I would not say that I'm completely 100% satisfied with these placemats, but overall I like them. I'll tell you why. They look great on my table and match my decor which is somewhat classic/modern. I also love that they don't wrinkle because they're made out of Bamboo (and bamboo itself is an ecofriendly material). The thing I don't like is they seem cheaply made. The wood is rough and I seriously worry about getting splinters from touching it (although that hasn't happened yet). It doesn't really protect the table from crumbs as there's a good bit of space between the wooden pieces, allowing the crumbs to fall right through. My husband dropped a dab of ranch salad dressing on his placemat and I haven't really been able to get it off. I've wiped it down a couple times with a damp cloth and the white spot remains. So I'm not sure what that is all about. Overall I like them because they look great, but quality/functionality is not that great. Just keep that in mind.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20