Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Kerton > Reviews

Browse

Kerton's Profile

Customer Reviews: 121

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kerton RSS Feed (Pleasanton, US, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Camping Pillow - Sleep Well & Travel Light | Best for Backpacking, Hiking & Outdoors | Lightweight Camping Equipment, Inflates Large & Stores Small
Offered by Inspired Equipment
Price: $19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Mine leaked, June 30, 2016
Mine leaked. Three very slow leaks at manufacturing seams near nozzle could only be noticed underwater...or after 2 hours of sleep.
I took mine on a 14 day wilderness trip, and spend most of the night with only support from the inner foam, not air.

Samsung Gear 360 Degree Cam Spherical Camera SM-C200 for Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, Note 5, S7, S7 Edge (International Version - No Warranty)
Offered by Prime Gadget
Price: $385.00
6 used & new from $385.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best VR Cameras for Prosumers, Geeks, and Early Adopters, June 8, 2016
If you bought an early version, and got instructions in Korean like me, read my comment on this review to see a website that will help you get started.

I'm very impressed with the value this 360 cam offers. It takes true VR-grade spherical pictures with it's two fish-eyed lenses, and automatically stitches the two into one sphere photo of the world. Prior to this camera, I could take such pictures, but I would have to use "photo sphere" or Cardboard VR camera functions in my Android device. While that worked, it required taking dozens of photos in a row with my phone, and the app stitched them together, but never very well. Lighting, focus, and point-of-view were always off-kilter, errors often occurred, it was very time-consuming, things moved before I could complete the photo, and the process was a little complicated. No longer.

The 360 is very easy to use, and works nicely with the associated app on the phone. But you can also use the cam as a standalone, and it's very simple as standalone - I learned to use it in minutes. There are three buttons to control power, mode, and shutter. The screen on the cam is basic, but tells you what you need to know. It looks like they copied a bit of the UI design of the GoPro, which is good.

The built-in tripod is removable to reveal a standard 1/4"-20 photo tripod hole. I use an adapter with it, and can use all my GoPro mounts for this cam.

I have a SG7, and I think a powerful phone is probably needed to crunch all the data this cam sends it. You can use the cam with your phone, or without. When used with the phone, the phone can access a live view feed from the cam, can remote control the cam, and can adjust a bunch of settings. It seems that the phone control is best for tweaking or adjusting settings using the phone's big screen instead of the cam's small display.

As of today, June 2016, the weakest part of the cam is the Android app. I wish it could do a little more, and that it was just a bit better UI design, but it's not bad, just OK. I think over time, Samsung will update the app, and add features and improve it.

The feature that I think is most lacking is better integration with Gear VR goggles. Currently, I cannot get a live view from the cam to my phone if my phone is in the Gear VR goggs. However, once I take VR video or photos, and transfer them to my phone, I am able to view them in the VR goggs. Just not real time (which I WAS able to do at a trade show Samsung booth in Feb. 2016).

At the 2016 MWC show, I also tried the LG VR camera, but though it far inferior and cheap feeling in the hand. I knew I would buy the Sammy when it came available.

As of today, June 2016, the cam is still not offered at retail in the USA, so there aren't any accessories, waterproof cases, etc. But the cam can handle some splashes as it is.

I have not done much yet with post-processing of the images and videos. Soon, I'll start using the desktop software Samsung offers to edit and post my videos to Youtube, etc. Youtube how has the ability to host 360 VR videos, where the viewer can use the mouse to look around the video. Should be fun.

I'm not sure what price this will be when it's offered officially, but I am an uber geek, and want things early, so I paid $500 for a Korean version with no warranty...and I'm completely satisfied. This kind of stuff will surely drop in price over the next few years, but for now the Gear 360 is the clear best mix of quality and value for the private user. The pros will need to spend thousands to get their VR rigs, but this is accessible to many of us.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2016 2:37 AM PDT

Reversible Micro USB Cables Omaker 2 Pack Reversible Micro USB Cable High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charging Cable Cord with Reversible USB Port
Offered by Omaker Official
Price: $39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Reliable - Doesn't Work With Many Samsungs, March 14, 2016
Didn't work for me. I like the idea, and it definitely fits either side up, but about half of my micro-USB devices would not take a charge from it, while about half would. I tried it in 4 devices. The ones that did not charge (ex: Samsung Galaxy S7) would not take power no matter how much I wiggled or pushed. It goes in just fine, but no power is transferred.

A 50% success rate is not good enough for me. If I can't rely on it, it's not worth carrying in my bag.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2016 6:16 PM PDT

Toyo Tire Open Country M/T Mud-Terrain Tire - 295/70R17LT 128P
Toyo Tire Open Country M/T Mud-Terrain Tire - 295/70R17LT 128P
Price: $314.72
30 used & new from $307.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Off Road Tires - Be Realistic About How Much Time You Spend Off Road, December 15, 2015
I had these on my diesel 2500 when I bought it. I would agree that you can expect to get about 30k miles out of them.

I love the look. The tread is aggressive and very good off road. However, it is very noisy on highway. The faster you drive, the louder they get. For that reason, you should make a realistic decision if you are off the road a lot, or not.

If you're mostly on the freeway, get a less aggressive tread tire, and enjoy better highway handling, and less noise. If you're ranching, farming, in snow a lot, on muddy construction sites, then yeah, these tires are for you.

Gugou 6000 Lumen 3x Cree XML U2 LED 6400mah Battery Cycling Bicycle Bike Light Lamp Headlight Headlamp, Such As Camping, Traveling, Hiking,flshing
Offered by intesco
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Light, OK Battery Pack, December 7, 2015
The light is great, the value is good, but the battery life is poor.
In my case, at full power the battery lasted 15 minutes before being down to only one LED indicator of three remaining. Also, the first time I used it was very disappointing: I had fully charge the battery pack, and left it plugged into the light. It turns out that this drains the battery, and i had barely any power left. So you must store a charged battery pack disconnected from the light. This means that the electrical connections are dangling in the air and water is able to enter them, completely defeating the waterproof connection offered.

TiVo Roamio Pro 3 TB DVR (Old Version) - Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player
Offered by Bleiden
Price: $499.99
4 used & new from $449.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Tivo - The Most Control A Person Can Have of TV, October 5, 2015
Have you every wanted to just grab TV by the nuts, and call the shots?

I've used Tivo since around 2001 to do just that. I watch what I want, when I want, I skip the ads. I get good suggestions. I program shows from my PC or phone.

When I go to a luxury hotel, and there is regular TV there, in a big screen, I cannot watch it. I've been unable to stomach normal, linear, ad-infested TV since 2001. Tivo has ruined that, so beware if you want to continue watching normal TV that once you own Tivo, it will make a regular TV experience induce nausea and sometimes a discharge from your nether regions.

Some people still say "but I have my cable cos DVR". Nice. Good for you. You took the first piece of junk they offered you instead of shopping around and making your own choice. That user interface sucks, it's slow, weak, ugly and has no intelligence for learning your preferences. And it usually comes with a monthly lease approaching Tivo's monthly fee. But it is better than regular TV, so I'll give you that.

Some people watch a lot of TV, and get a lot of value from Tivo. Then there are those that don't watch as much TV. Like me. And we get even MORE value from Tivo. Because when I watch, I watch like a boss. I watch the programs that are best for me, when I want. The less TV you watch, the more you want to filter it, and see only the best.

Planet Bike Men's A.R.S. Anatomic Relief Bicycle Saddle (Black/Black)
Planet Bike Men's A.R.S. Anatomic Relief Bicycle Saddle (Black/Black)
Offered by Not Your Local Bike Shop
Price: $28.50
11 used & new from $28.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Solved My Sore Backside, September 26, 2015
I don't know what was wrong with my OEM seat, but it hurt like murder.

This replacement is only slightly wider, but it's night and day. I won't say "I love it" since my couch is always better, but there is no pain when I ride now, and that is all I could ask for.

Travelon Bag Bungee, Black, One Size
Travelon Bag Bungee, Black, One Size
Price: $11.47
22 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works Exactly As I Hoped, September 26, 2015
This review is from: Travelon Bag Bungee (Apparel)
I had a jury-rigged bungy on my travel bags for years. The bungy worked by holding the top side of the top bag. This is a great improvement. It holds the top AND the bottom, and is easy on and off. I now leave it on the bottom (carry-on clothing) bag, and drop my briefcase on top, held by this.

Delta Cycle Bicycle Toe Clips, Strapless Set
Delta Cycle Bicycle Toe Clips, Strapless Set
Price: $12.95
3 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and durable., September 26, 2015
These worked really well, I like the way they hold my various shoes, and they are easy in and out - while still giving me confidence when riding rough single track. I prefer clips like this over specialized shoes because I can ride my bike in any footwear, and you are able to walk around normally when you get off your bike.

Cosco Shifter Multi-Position Heavy Duty Folding Hand Truck and Dolly
Cosco Shifter Multi-Position Heavy Duty Folding Hand Truck and Dolly
Price: $54.23
37 used & new from $50.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, Solid Build, September 26, 2015
Obviously, this thing is versatile.

But what impressed me the most is that it is not low-grade. I'm not saying it's industrial weight, but it is definitely good, solid, mid grade quality, up to the task in an environment where it gets put to heavy work once a week or so. Folds and clips are secure and clearly marked.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13