Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Seattle Reader > Reviews

Browse

Seattle Reader's Profile

Customer Reviews: 138

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Seattle Reader RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Battle Ground
Battle Ground
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Cliches, July 24, 2016
This review is from: Battle Ground (Amazon Video)
One of many mistakes. Does anyone think a sergeant on either side would be allowed to use the ammunition in this movie on what they believe is a single soldier or even 3 soldiers,

Apple iPhone 5S Space Gray 32GB Unlocked GSM Smartphone (Certified Refurbished)
Apple iPhone 5S Space Gray 32GB Unlocked GSM Smartphone (Certified Refurbished)
Offered by Smart Tech Certified
Price: $284.91
8 used & new from $284.91

1.0 out of 5 stars This Phone is not Unlocked, June 19, 2016
The phone is not unlocked. Two different cellular sims give the same answer: sim not supported. I like the phone as it looks brand new, but is worthless if I cannot use my own cellular network Ting who says their sim should work and if it doesn't then the phone is locked. There was a verizon sim upon arrival but, it is not recognized either. I want to keep this beautiful phone, but it is worthless to me.
Update: Apple tells me that the phone is locked by a Japanese company and can not give me the name of the company or an address. So I do not have an unlocked phone. Deceptive advertising

Haywire
Haywire
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Arnold, Bruce, Stallone………, March 3, 2016
This review is from: Haywire (Amazon Video)
Maybe she can not act that well, but I could give you a list of hundreds of "actors" working today that are worse than she is and embarrassing to watch, yet continue to get work and even awards. In the action scenes she is the greatest actor alive or and an action hero that could actually do any of these fights. I only hope she makes more movies where she is the central action hero. I bought this movie because I never get tired of it and watch every few months.

The Broken
The Broken
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 MPH Limit, February 5, 2016
This review is from: The Broken (Amazon Video)
I have seen snails move faster then this movie, but what I most hate are movies that show you the how, but not the why.

One thing it does show you is how important a sound track is, whit out it, this movie would be nothing. The tension and suspense all comes from the soundtrack.

Executive Vengeance (English Subtitled)
Executive Vengeance (English Subtitled)
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Title, January 29, 2016
This is not what the title suggests. I would not waste your time.

Julie Loaned Out: Beginnings of a Slutty Wife (Swinging, Cuckold, Wife Watching) (Slutty Wife Julie Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great One, January 24, 2016
This book has everything I look for in the genre. I merely have to see her name as author and would get the book.

THE TRUTH ABOUT LUCY
THE TRUTH ABOUT LUCY

5.0 out of 5 stars No Comparison, January 24, 2016
I would read the back of a box of Wheaties if Mimi Wilde wrote it.

Last House On The Left (1972)
Last House On The Left (1972)

1.0 out of 5 stars Contrevesrsial ???????, January 17, 2016
I forgot how lame this movie was when I saw it back in the 70's. "Bonny and Clyde" and "The Wild Bunch" had already come out and had graphic violence that made this look like a cartoon. I don't remember any controversy about this film. The scene between the mother and the guy down at the lake was the most gruesome part of the movie and it was not explicit. Wes Craven is the most overrated film maker in this country. He has never made a good movie.

1. Worst sound track ever used.
2. Among the worst acting ever seen.
3. Plot has so many holes.

Judged by today's standard it the movie is pretty tame. I am 68 and seen many movies my life. I have a good perspective on the evolution of violence, nudity, and language in movies. MGM was fined because the word "Damn" was used in "Gone with the Wind" That gives you some idea of how much has changed.

TV was different then compared to today. Jack Parr, the Jay Leno of his day, said the word "water closet" and the censors shut the show down while it was being broadcast live. The screen just went blank.

In 1962 I saw the "Pawn Broker". The hooker takes down her dress and her breasts are exposed. There was an audible gasp from the whole audience. Nudity had not been shown as explicit as in this movie. This was when Kotex had to be wrapped in Blue paper with no print on the outside saying what it was.

Most of my friends could not believe that they would release a movie like the Wild Bunch, but 3 years later "Deep Throat" was showing in main stream theaters. The women's lib group came to it's defense because it showed a woman expecting to have an orgasm during sex.

When I was in Catholic School the parish published a list of movies that were banned by the church. We appreciated it because now we has a list of movies we definitely wanted to see.

This movie was lame then and it lame today. Do not waste your money on this film.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2016 8:16 AM PDT

Fractional
Fractional
Price: $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget It, January 15, 2016
This review is from: Fractional (Amazon Video)
I bailed after 15 minutes of watching one character who could not act and a boring watch.

WICKED OFFICE DESIRES
WICKED OFFICE DESIRES
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent is a poor description, December 13, 2015
This is one of the best books of this genre I have read. Mimi continues to be the Queen of this type of stories.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14