Profile for RogueArchetype > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RogueArchetype "Scholar-Practitioner" RSS Feed

Fender Gig Bag - Deluxe Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Fender Gig Bag - Deluxe Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I wanted., March 28, 2013
The Fender Gig Bag - Deluxe Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar bag is sturdy and it does have plenty of storage space for accessories.
It has great carry on handles, pockets, and the fabric is a fantastic grade/quality.

I had to send it back, however, because I wanted a still foamy bag that could stand upright on its own (like a soft version of a "hard case").
I've been using the "Road Runner" bag from the guitar center which costs about $10 more than this bag. However, the zippers on the Road Runner are unreliable and often come apart with frequent use.

So, I thought that going with a "brand name bag" would provide me with better construction.
If you want a bag that folds up and has lots of pocket-space, the Fender Gig Bag - Deluxe Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar bag is your bag.

I just wish it had more padding so it could stand upright.

NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi DSL Modem Router  ADSL2+ Gigabit Ethernet (DGND3700)
NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi DSL Modem Router ADSL2+ Gigabit Ethernet (DGND3700)
Price: Click here to see our price
75 used & new from $74.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Good Buy. Very UNreliable performance., March 21, 2012
We have really given this NetGear Router/Modem a chance. We've been using it for 6 months. The ONLY reason we decided to unhook our other routers and give this one a try was to take advantage of the "N" network capabilities of our laptops. We are a family of online gamers and we try to get the fastest connection speeds and performance possible.

PROs:
Dual band can connect anything you have in the house wirelessly.

Cons:

The... router ... FAILS epically.

You will spend more time restarting the router to re-establish your online connection than you will actually being online.

We really didn't want to have to eat this investment and return to our old router/modem on the G network (which never drops connection), but we've just hooked the old stuff back up.

We haven't seen ANY difference in speed between the Netgear and our old router. Our older routers (EVEN THE OLD WESTELL!) doesn't drop connection.

Our connection issues BEGAN when we started using Netgear.

We have called the company several times and sat through the hours of tech support (always the "outsourced" support using the "scripts"), but we've finally decided to put this thing out to pasture and just go with the router/modems that do not drop connection (even if this means no "N" network).

It SUCKS to submit assignments for online courses and pray you don't drop before the upload finishes).

The Netgear DGND3700 is TOO UNRELIABLE to sink your money into.

If anyone can find a N combo Modem/Router that actually works, please let us know.

Thanks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2012 5:10 AM PDT

HGST Touro Mobile 320GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive (HTOLMXNA3201ABB)
HGST Touro Mobile 320GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive (HTOLMXNA3201ABB)

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought it. Use it. It works., January 4, 2012
Have been using this for about a month now. It works and there haven't been any problems.

We ended up using it as a "Network Drive" that is plugged into our NetGear Modem/Router.

Now, we can shoot a copy to the Hitachi drive and access it from any computer in our house. It's very nice and I haven't run into any compatiblity or driver issues.

What more can I say? It just... works.

Sony Bloggie Duo Camera (Violet)
Sony Bloggie Duo Camera (Violet)
Offered by 6ave
13 used & new from $54.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Low Quality Results; returned it., January 4, 2012
I purchased TWO Bloggies so my wife and I would have a "matching set." (yeah, I know, his/hers is so 1985, but... it was a fun idea). We used them for about a week (recorded our daughters Xmas Band concert and took random photos and videos).

Here are my PROs and CONs based upon personal experience:

PROS:
These are very easy to use and VERY portable and convienient. You can actually toss it into your breast pocket! The camera plugs into your computer via USB. A folder opens up on your screen and you simply drag and drop photos and video your camera's folder into the screen for the software (that comes with the camera).

VIDEO recording: The sound of all of the videos were good. I didn't expect good sound resolution from this camera, but it captured the band performance very well (I am also a music teacher, so take my word on this...). The FOOTAGE of the video was also good. So, if you need a VIDEO RECORDER that is portable, you'll be happy with this. UNLESS.. you need to zoom in and out.. then you're screwed.

The screen options were very user-friendly.

Overall, the camera was very easy to use, had very logical menus, and was a joy to USE.

CONS:

The still shots are SO bad. They are shockingly grainy and low-quality.
I read review about "It's ok with the right light"... uh... no. Just ... no.
We ended up using all of the still shots that were taken from our 15 year old camera (that we were smart enough to take as a backup in case the Bloggies were garbage).

Still Shots are a NO-NO! You simply do NOT want to take a bloggie to an event and expect to use it to take picutres. It will let you down HARD! I can't emphasize how dissapointed you will be if you plan on using this for still-shots.

Video is unspectacular compared to handheld camcorders in same price range (or $30 higher).

OVERALL ...

If you want a still-shoot camera, don't get a Bloggie.
If you want a Video recorder, spend $20 to $30 more and get a GOOD Camcorder; don't get a Bloggie.

We returned BOTH Bloggies within a week of purchase. Amazon was Johnny-on-the-spot with the no questions asked Refund. (we paid for UPS shipping).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2012 9:18 AM PST