Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Stephanie Unger > Reviews

Browse

Stephanie Unger's Profile

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stephanie Unger "Book & Music Lover" RSS Feed (Katy, Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Angle 3 Next Generation Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker : Louder Volume 10W+, More Bass, Water Resistant, Perfect Speaker for Golf, Beach, Shower & Home (Black)
Offered by Cambridge Soundworks
Price: $99.99
7 used & new from $25.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!, June 14, 2016
I already have a couple of similar bluetooth speakers - older ones, that I can no longer find - but I needed one for a different room, and didn't want to spend a whole lot of money.

It was very easy to pair (with iPhone, that's the only device I tried), and it works flawlessly. The sound is good, and I like that it can be set horizontally or vertically.

Definitely would buy another if/when I need one.

KEEN Women's Coronado Shoe, Sangria, 10 M US
KEEN Women's Coronado Shoe, Sangria, 10 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, LOVE these shoes!, June 10, 2016
This review is from: KEEN Women's Coronado Shoe (Shoes)
I LOVE these shoes! This is my fourth pair of Keen Coronado sneakers. They fit well, and even go through the wash (at least the white ones did, I haven't tried washing these.)

I just wish they still came in white!

Thirsty Stone natural solid sandstone coasters
Thirsty Stone natural solid sandstone coasters
Price: $12.99
17 used & new from $11.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Utilitarian. Functional. Beauty-free., June 6, 2016
These coasters arrived in good shape. They are very utilitarian. I'm sure they are functional and will absorb condensation from drinking vessels, which is what coasters should do.

But I'm giving them just two stars because they are very plain, almost ugly.

I'm sorry I ordered them. I wish I'd chosen a more interesting pattern, but sometimes moisture beads up on painted or printed coasters.

K9konnection The SHEDDER Dematting Comb for Dogs & Cats with Double Sided Stainless Steel Pet Safe Blades | Tool Removes Undercoat Knots, Mats & Tangled Hair | Effective and Durable Grooming Brush
Offered by Prime Pet Products
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $13.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the trick on mats, March 15, 2016
I use a regular brush on my big, long-haired cats, but they still occasionally develop small mats that I try to take care of before they turn into bigger mats. This is a great tool - it has curved tines with blades inside the curve. You can't cut yourself or your pet (though you could definitely take off some whiskers, so be careful), but the mats are easily cut out, without having to use scissors. I'm writing this review when the tool is fairly new, though, so I cannot say how the blade will hold up over time.

The Old Farmer's Almanac 2016 Gardening Calendar
The Old Farmer's Almanac 2016 Gardening Calendar
by Old Farmer's Almanac
Edition: Calendar
Price: $9.99
16 used & new from $5.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty to look at, but won't buy again, March 15, 2016
Meh.... it's just a wall calendar. I bought it thinking there would be enough space to write gardening notes, like what day i planted what, when i saw the seedlings, etc., but the squares are just regular wall calendar size. The gardening tips and information might be useful to an eight-year-old who's never had a garden before, but for an adult, even an amateur gardener, it's not very useful. It's the equivalent of a diet book telling you to park in the farthest spot, or take the stairs instead of the elevator. It's like..... duh. Tell me something that everyone in the world doesn't already know.

Evil Eye Worry Beads - Turquoise Clear Beads
Evil Eye Worry Beads - Turquoise Clear Beads
Offered by GreekInternetMarket
Price: $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful beads, March 15, 2016
These are a lovely, clear blue - very striking. The picture doesn't do them justice.

Down Periscope
Down Periscope
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comedy with a great cast!, May 30, 2015
This review is from: Down Periscope (Amazon Video)
Fun, fun, FUN!! This is one of those comedies that could easily have gone either way, i.e. "funny funny," or "funny stupid." To our delight, it was really pretty .... funny! Great cast of characters. We rented it twice on Amazon Prime, and ended up buying the DVD to watch again in the future.

Snatch (Feature)
Snatch (Feature)
DVD
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant; it gets funnier each time we watch it!, May 19, 2015
This review is from: Snatch (Feature) (Amazon Video)
Brad Pitt does an incredible job as a next-to-impossible-to-understand Irishman. Jason Statham is absolutely hilarious as the classic straight face to all of the absurdity around him. Don't miss it!

Silence for the Dead
Silence for the Dead
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your grandma's bodice-ripper, March 18, 2015
I enjoyed Simone St. James' "The Haunting of Maddy Clare," so I decided to give "Silence for the Dead" a try recently when I found myself without a book to read while traveling.

YES - ghost stories do require a bit of "suspension of rational judgment," and NO, this is not a literary classic. But it's an engrossing story, with likable characters; Simone St. James paints a wonderful picture of the setting and the time period.

Although it has a spooky old house, a heroine with a questionable past, and a war-damaged hero, it's not a formulaic romance novel. It's just a fun, engaging read. Definitely recommended.

Dirr's Encyclopedia of Trees and Shrubs
Dirr's Encyclopedia of Trees and Shrubs
by Michael A. Dirr
Price: $46.62
62 used & new from $37.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye, Audubon Field Guide - Hello, Dirr!, March 10, 2015
With this book, I was able to identify in SECONDS a tree I'd been TRYING to identify for years. WORTH EVERY PENNY AND EVERY INCH OF SHELF SPACE!

Yes, it's a big book, but I was able to make room on my bookshelf because my Audubon Field Guide to North American Trees went into the TRASH! (What good is a "field guide" if it doesn't allow you to identify what you might find in the field, right?)

DIRR'S ENCYCLOPEDIA OF TREES AND SHRUBS IS MY NEW GO-TO SOURCE. Thank you, Mr. Dirr!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4