Profile for D-Man > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D-Man RSS Feed

Bulldog Cases Black Molded Leather Belt Slide Holster (Medium)
Bulldog Cases Black Molded Leather Belt Slide Holster (Medium)

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., October 17, 2012
Got it in the mail a few days earlier than expected, but it's not a great holster. But then again, what are you expecting for $16? I bought the medium size for my Springfield XDs (.45 single stack, 3.3" barrel subcompact.)

The Pros-
1. The price. You're not buying a premium handmade custom holster, you're buying an off the rack generic, and the price reflects that.
2. Very stiff. Easy to holster and re-holster after some modifications. (see below)
3. Carries the gun close to the body. Like all belt slide holsters, it's the easiest way for me to conceal when wearing outside the waistband.
4. Tight retention. On my XDs, the medium size is a great fit, almost an exact fit actually.

The Cons-
1. The leather. The leather has a very cheap, thin feel to it compared to all of the other leather holsters I've owned over the years. I don't see this one lasting for more than a couple of years of regular use.
2. Quality. When I received it, the first thing I noticed was that one of the pieces was larger than the other in the front belt loop. It was a quick fix with a razor blade, but it was annoying to have to fix it straight out of the box.
3. Site channel. There's not one. My front site was catching on the holster when I was trying to pull the gun out of it. It took me about 15 minutes of carving off some leather to fix, but it works fine now. Would it really be that hard for them to mold one in?

All in all, I'm happy with it. I bought this to hold me over until I find some more leather holsters available for the XDs, and not as my permanent OWB holster for it. It holds the gun closer to my body than the included paddle holster, and makes concealing my gun much easier when I don't feel like carrying IWB. Once I find a good, molded, leather belt slide holster though, this thing is going into my holster drawer until I've bought a new gun that I can't find a holster for.

Buy it if you need a decent holster at a great price, but skip it if you can find a better quality molded holster.

LEGO Wolverine Chopper Showdown 6866
LEGO Wolverine Chopper Showdown 6866
Offered by STORMCROW COMICS
Price: $75.48
50 used & new from $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set!, October 17, 2012
My 10 year old step-son loves this. We received it in the mail a full 2 days earlier than expected, and he couldn't wait to put it together. He's been carrying it around with him and playing with it constantly whenever he's out of school, and his mom and I are very pleased we finally found something that holds his attention besides TV or video games. Legos, while I still believe they're overpriced for what you get, are a great toy for kids of all ages.

The mini-figures are of good detail, although good luck getting Wolverines hair to stay in place while playing with him. My only complaint is that there's not a mask available for him, but that's covered on the min-fig by having his mask painted on his back. Deadpool is good, as is Magneto. The helicopter has flick missiles, which can be rotated up or down, and I'm assuming they'll be the first thing to get lost.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this set, and will buy more.