Profile for AvidReader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AvidReader RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Spirit Animals Book 4: Fire and Ice
Spirit Animals Book 4: Fire and Ice
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read!, March 1, 2015
I really love love love this book I just want the series to go on!!! I love this book because it's very adventurous and has a great plot. It can be hard to put this book down. I like the character Conner the best Because he is funny and caring and also he has a wolf as a spirit animal and my favorite animal is a wolf.

Gone Girl: A Novel
Gone Girl: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, March 1, 2015
First book I have read from her and then I read dark places. Neither disappointed. Flynn is a great writer and she has made me a true and dedicated fan from here on out. The ending was surprising and clever- not what I expected. People seem to think that the ending should always bring justice, but life is not that way. My husband who is not an avid reader and is very picky (reads like two books a year) has also added her to his list (now he may read 3 books a year :)!)

Ladies Blue DC Comics Wonder Woman Logo Varsity T Shirt from For Love Money
Ladies Blue DC Comics Wonder Woman Logo Varsity T Shirt from For Love Money
Offered by TruffleShuffleTees
Price: $27.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, February 17, 2015
Great, thick material and soft. Washes well; great quality. I would suggest 1 size smaller then you usually wear, since it runs big. I like my clothes to have a loose fit, so I usually wear a large to x-large. I ordered a large and now wish I had gotten a medium. It didn't shrink much in the dryer.

MLB Cincinnati Reds Women's Tri Blend Multi Count V Neck Tee, X-Large, Red
MLB Cincinnati Reds Women's Tri Blend Multi Count V Neck Tee, X-Large, Red
Price: $23.52

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Was Expecting, February 5, 2015
By looking at the picture and the description I thought there would be bling, like encrusted jewels. I have a Dodger shirt bought at Target like that and I was expecting something similar. They bling is just a shiny, flat sticker! I think that the shirt looks really cheap and is made of cheap material. The material is so sheer I could she my black bra under it. If I were to keep this (but I am NOT), I would have to wear a camy or tank top under it. It seems to fit size wise as expected. I usually wear a large, but I like my clothes to fit loosely. I got an extra large and it fit perfectly, but was more form fitting. I would not want to dry this shirt, since I think there would be much shrinkage.

How Draw school Ever After
How Draw school Ever After

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, December 25, 2014
This review is from: How Draw school Ever After (App)
I really love everafterhigh and now that I got the drawing app of it
I could get to draw it better and it is really awesome

Kung Pow Chicken #2: Bok! Bok! Boom! (A Branches Book)
Kung Pow Chicken #2: Bok! Bok! Boom! (A Branches Book)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Theme connects to boys, which is hard to find, October 17, 2014
My son is in the first grade and has great reading skills. He is at that in between level where chapter books are too hard yet for him to read independently, but the leveled readers are boring him. The Branches books created by scholastic are perfect for him (Kung Pow Chicken being just one series of many). These books maintain his interest and motivate him to want to read. I believe this is a great step into getting him into smaller chapter books; it is a perfect stepping stone. Also, it is hard to find books that interest boys. I also recommend the Boris and Monkey Me series, if you have young readers.

Isabella: Braveheart of France
Isabella: Braveheart of France

2.0 out of 5 stars OK book.... Glad I got it for free!, August 10, 2014
It was interesting to learn about the history of that time period, and that was the only reason I finished the book. I got this book because somebody compared him to Phillippa Gregory, who I love and have read almost all of her books. He is not even close to her standard of writing. If you like Gregory's books, then you will be very disappointed in this book. I did not like the author's writing style. He used lots of pronouns, which at times was confusing. He is very direct and to the point. If you are the type of person who just wants the facts told straight out and do not want to get wrapped up in a plot with great prose, then this book and author would work well with you. The author also never finished her history; it just left you hanging. I had to go online and read about the rest of her life in Wikipedia, which I found just as interesting as the book itself. I will not be picking up any more of Falconer's books.

Sarah's Key
Sarah's Key
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $9.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Sarah's Key (Kindle Edition)
Not the type to spend most of a review recapping a story summary........
I will say that this story was deeply sad and bothered me for weeks after. I had a hard time sleeping at night because of the content. First of all, in all of my history classes, I never knew about this period in France during WWII. France was always portrayed as a victim of Hitler's Nazis. This book opened a whole new side to the story that was upsetting, but needs to be told.

Fashion design Purple and flower 9.7" 10" 10.1" 10.2" inch Neoprene Laptop Netbook Tablet Case Neoprene Sleeve Carrying bag with Hide Handle For apple iPad 2 3 4/Asus EeePC 10 transformer/Acer Aspire one/Dell inspiron mini/Samsung N145/Toshiba/Kindle DX/Lenovo S205/HP Touchpad Mini 210
Offered by colorfulbags
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, February 8, 2014
I bought this type of case for my daugther for Christmas, but it was the Paisley one. She likes wild prints. She is 9 and has a Kindle Touch. She takes her Kindle everywhere and was trying to find a case for it with straps for easier carrying. This was a great purchase and a great price. The material is sturdy and he item is well made. It will also be easy to clean it and has pretty good padding for protection. I loved it so much hat I ended up buying this purple one for my own Kindle. I was concerned about the long shipping wait, but it actually shipped much earlier then the date specified. The shipping window time-length though is worth the wait.

Cleopatra's Daughter: A Novel
Cleopatra's Daughter: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, February 8, 2014
I read this book after George's book on Cleopatra. I really wanted to know what happened to Cleopatra's twins and this book did not disappoint. Learned so much about the history of this time and fell in love with the characters

Page: 1 | 2 | 3