Profile for AvidReader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AvidReader RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Isabella: Braveheart of France
Isabella: Braveheart of France
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars OK book.... Glad I got it for free!, August 10, 2014
It was interesting to learn about the history of that time period, and that was the only reason I finished the book. I got this book because somebody compared him to Phillippa Gregory, who I love and have read almost all of her books. He is not even close to her standard of writing. If you like Gregory's books, then you will be very disappointed in this book. I did not like the author's writing style. He used lots of pronouns, which at times was confusing. He is very direct and to the point. If you are the type of person who just wants the facts told straight out and do not want to get wrapped up in a plot with great prose, then this book and author would work well with you. The author also never finished her history; it just left you hanging. I had to go online and read about the rest of her life in Wikipedia, which I found just as interesting as the book itself. I will not be picking up any more of Falconer's books.

Sarah's Key
Sarah's Key
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $7.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Sarah's Key (Kindle Edition)
Not the type to spend most of a review recapping a story summary........
I will say that this story was deeply sad and bothered me for weeks after. I had a hard time sleeping at night because of the content. First of all, in all of my history classes, I never knew about this period in France during WWII. France was always portrayed as a victim of Hitler's Nazis. This book opened a whole new side to the story that was upsetting, but needs to be told.

Fashion design Purple and flower 9.7" 10" 10.1" 10.2" inch Neoprene Laptop Netbook Tablet Case Neoprene Sleeve Carrying bag with Hide Handle For apple iPad 2 3 4/Asus EeePC 10 transformer/Acer Aspire one/Dell inspiron mini/Samsung N145/Toshiba/Kindle DX/Lenovo S205/HP Touchpad Mini 210
Offered by colorfulbags
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, February 8, 2014
I bought this type of case for my daugther for Christmas, but it was the Paisley one. She likes wild prints. She is 9 and has a Kindle Touch. She takes her Kindle everywhere and was trying to find a case for it with straps for easier carrying. This was a great purchase and a great price. The material is sturdy and he item is well made. It will also be easy to clean it and has pretty good padding for protection. I loved it so much hat I ended up buying this purple one for my own Kindle. I was concerned about the long shipping wait, but it actually shipped much earlier then the date specified. The shipping window time-length though is worth the wait.

Cleopatra's Daughter: A Novel
Cleopatra's Daughter: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, February 8, 2014
I read this book after George's book on Cleopatra. I really wanted to know what happened to Cleopatra's twins and this book did not disappoint. Learned so much about the history of this time and fell in love with the characters

No Stress Chess
No Stress Chess
Price: $14.45
71 used & new from $8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Son became a Chess Expert, February 8, 2014
This review is from: No Stress Chess (Toy)
Great game set up. My 4 year old wanted to learn chess, but I had limited knowledge in the game. The cards were a great way for him to start. My son has taken chess classes since learning from this set and he was able to compete with kids much older then him.

The Memoirs of Cleopatra: A Novel
The Memoirs of Cleopatra: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with lots of history, February 8, 2014
After reading her book on King Henry, I decided to give this one a try. I am so glad I did because it has become one of my favorites. I am not familiar with a lot of the history of that time period, so I'll leave others to discuss it historical accuracy. I just know that I fell in love with the characters and got deeply involved in their lives. I learned so much about the history that now I am looking for more great historical reads for that time period. Even though it was a very long book, it never felt that way. I was actually saddened that it ended. However, if you want to continue where George left off, read Cleopatra's Daugther.

And the Mountains Echoed: A Novel
And the Mountains Echoed: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Written, February 8, 2014
Love all his books and this one did not disappoint. Love the way he writes; so poetic. I got quickly wrapped up in the characters lives and did not want to leave them behind when the book finished.

Sony 3V Lithium CR2032 Batteries (4 Blisters of 5), 20 Cells
Sony 3V Lithium CR2032 Batteries (4 Blisters of 5), 20 Cells
Offered by MYBATTERYSUPPLIER
Price: $8.55
28 used & new from $2.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Kept replacing them!, February 8, 2014
I'm glad these batteries were sooooo cheap that at least I don't feel like I wasted too much of my money. I use these for our families kindle lights (we have four of them). Within a couple of days at least 1 battery ran out and needed replacing because the light had weak power. I have had to replace the batteries like this on 3 occasions. The battery expiration dates was not the problem. I am hoping the rest of the pack is better. I probably won't buy them again. It will depend on how much I can buy them at Sam's Club or Wal-Mart.

A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy)
A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Was Glad I Read It, February 8, 2014
At first I was not going to read it because of the iffy reviews, but because I had extra money on my gift card I decided to purchase it. There were many women who made mean comment about the main female character that I think were overdone. Too me, the main character in 50 Shades of Gray was A LOT worse and annoying. The character wasn't really weak in my opinion. She had a lot going on in this book and I could understand relying on a vampire. Some parts of the love story were a little boring (I scanned some of those section) but the main plot line was great and made up for those times. I like the history of the characters and got caught up in their pasts. I plan on reading part 2 soon.

Amazon Gift Card - E-mail - Happy Holidays (Gingerbread Man)
Amazon Gift Card - E-mail - Happy Holidays (Gingerbread Man)
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the gift of reading, December 24, 2013
I have received several gift cards through my mail from Amazon sent from my parents. The first time I got an email about the gift card, I deleted it thinking it was junk mail, but they were able to resend it later. Now I am more careful during holidays and b-days. Very easy to use and got all the books I wanted. Love he interactive cards that are sent. My child got an email card and watched it three times.

Page: 1 | 2