Profile for krae81 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

krae81 RSS Feed

Vince Camuto Women's Knit Collar Belted Wool Jacket, Black, Medium
Vince Camuto Women's Knit Collar Belted Wool Jacket, Black, Medium

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, February 26, 2013
The coat had a hole in one pocket when I received it. Within a week, in which I wore it 3 times, the belt loops broke and the other pocket developed a hole. I have coats which I've had for years and worn far more often that have none of these signs of wear and tear. I wanted to love this coat (it looked great on), but I returned it. Even on sale, it isn't worth the money if it's just going to fall apart.

Fringe: The Complete First Season [HD]
Fringe: The Complete First Season [HD]
DVD
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, intelligent, and inquisitive!, February 26, 2013
I give this 5 stars because I thoroughly enjoyed it and it made me think about the many possibilities that they present. Is it probably just a bunch of nonsense? Sure! But, it's fun to speculate.

Ted Baker Women's Anegal Sweater
Ted Baker Women's Anegal Sweater

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but oversized, November 6, 2012
This is a lovely sweater from a brand I love. This could be completely my fault, thinking of myself as larger than I am, but I ordered the 2 (I am familiar with Ted Baker sizing and have items in 2,3 & 4 from them), and it is huge. If you decide to order, going down a size might be a good idea. Other than that, I love it. I have another peplum sweater in black, and this dark gray is close, but different enough to justify getting another. They are so very flattering when they fit well.

Poison In The Blood: The Memoirs of Lucrezia Borgia
Poison In The Blood: The Memoirs of Lucrezia Borgia
by M. G. Scarsbrook
Price: $10.79
24 used & new from $6.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Massively inaccurate, March 4, 2011
After reading 7 biographies on the Borgias and 3 fictional novels about them, I think I'm fairly familiar with the factual history. Unfortunately, one cannot say the same for this author. I was excited when I started reading as he opened in a way that really drew me in to the action. However, I only got 10% (reading on my Kindle, not sure how many pages), and couldn't force myself to continue. Everything from Alexander making his children swear to have no contact with their mother, Vannozza, to the events on the night of Juan's (Giovanni) murder, to Alfonso of Bisceglie being Lucrezia's first husband.....all completely false and that was only in the very beginning of the book. I can't even imagine how many more discrepancies there are in the book, but I certainly won't be finding out for myself. This is one of the worst examples of historical fiction I've ever come across. If you don't know, or care, about historical facts, you may enjoy this, but if you value accuracy in your historical fiction, take a pass on this one. There are too many high-quality novels on the time period to waste your time on this.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 2:46 AM PST