Profile for Mark T. Brody > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 620

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mark T. Brody RSS Feed (Louisiana)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Hardgainer Solution: The Training and Diet Plans for Building a Better Body, Gaining Muscle, and Overcoming Your Genetics
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Value!, February 3, 2015
Scott Abel pulls no punches. He tells you exactly what you need to do and what NOT to do, to be able to build muscle, if you happen to have poor genetics for muscle building. This book was unlike anything I ever read before on the topic. GREAT value at only a buck! I would recommend this to ANYONE who has trouble building mass.

Cafe Don Pablo Subtle Earth Organic Gourmet Coffee Medium-Dark Roast Whole Bean, 2 Pound
Price: $14.18
8 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, tastes good., February 3, 2015
I like this coffee a lot. The price is right, and it tastes pretty good and seems like good quality beans. We had been using Dunkin Donuts and Folgers in our office, and the feedback from our agents has been extremely positive for this Don Pablo coffee.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2015 6:19 PM PST

ZiBay(TM) 3 PCS USB Charging/Sync Data Cable [8 Inch] for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C, iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPod touch 5, iPod Nano 7 [Compatible with all IOS]
Offered by ZiBay Wireless
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars These cables work great. Haven't had a problem with any of the ..., January 21, 2015
These cables work great. Haven't had a problem with any of the 3 pack yet. The only issue that I have, is that these cables are REALLY short. I mean, the shortest cable I've ever seen. Unless you are charging your phone or iPod literally 6 inches away from you, don't bother with these.

I can only use these on my laptop while I'm using it. The cord is even too short to have in my car.

Helps Organic Herbal Teas, Rest and Relax, 20 Count (Pack of 6)
Helps Organic Herbal Teas, Rest and Relax, 20 Count (Pack of 6)
Price: $28.29
4 used & new from $28.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak - not overly relaxing, November 10, 2014
I drank almost an entire box of this tea, and I'm just not feeling the calming properties of it. I wanted something to help reduce stress, promote restful sleep, and to quiet my mind a little of anxiety arises. This doesn't seem like the tea for those things. The tea tastes OK, sort of like chamomile, even though chamomile isn't in the tea.

I guess I'm looking for something with a little more relaxation kick. This doesn't pack it for me.

Kicking Horse Coffee Kick Ass Dark, Whole Bean Coffee, 2.2-Pound Pouch
Kicking Horse Coffee Kick Ass Dark, Whole Bean Coffee, 2.2-Pound Pouch
Price: $26.96
12 used & new from $26.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly dehydrating coffee. Much more so than others., September 16, 2014
I've never drank coffee that made me feel worse. I don't know what the deal with this stuff is. It makes me so dehydrated, that I feel like I have full blown diabetes or something. I couldn't place it the first week or so I was drinking the coffee. I thought it was a new grass fed protein powder I was using. But I stopped using that, and my dehydration woes continued. I need to drink like 3/4 of a gallon of water to offset the excessive thirst associated with this coffee.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so I would hate to think that it's just me, but I am pretty aware of my body. My dehydration is directly related to this coffee consumption. It's so drastic, that I can't help but write a negative review. The coffee tastes and smells good, but man, the thirst is unlike anything I have ever experienced. No joke, I can drink 12 beers and not feel this dehydrated.

Coco Hydro Instant Coconut Water, Original, 9.7-Ounce Package
Coco Hydro Instant Coconut Water, Original, 9.7-Ounce Package
Price: $11.99
9 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick hangover relief., August 16, 2014
Coconut Water is expensive, probably because it costs so much to ship, due to the weight. I really gave up on drinking it, because of the cost. But, I came across this Coco Hydro in my local health food store. I figured, what the hey, it's cheap enough, at about 75 cents per serving.

I was pleasantly surprised. The first time I ever drank it was when I was hungover. And it provided me with INSTANT relief. It's very hydrating. Which of course, is the main reason anyone wants to drink coconut water in the first place.

The taste is OK. It doesn't taste like fresh coconut water, but it tastes like some of ones you would find in a can or something. The taste isn't super important to me. It tastes good enough for me. My main thing is the hydration and electrolytes, which this has. I will definitely be buying this again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2014 3:57 PM PDT

Puroast Low Acid Coffee Organic Dark French Roast, Drip Grind, 2.5-Pound Bag
Puroast Low Acid Coffee Organic Dark French Roast, Drip Grind, 2.5-Pound Bag
Price: $28.54

1.0 out of 5 stars Good effort, but this coffee tastes absolutely horrible, August 14, 2014
I read the label in the store and Puroast sold me. The increased antioxidants, 70% lower acid, organic, state of the art brewing process, etc. I was sold!

However, it wasn't until I got home and tasted the coffee, that I had a change of heart. This coffee, while it may have 70% lower acid, tastes absolutely horrendous. It might be the worst tasting coffee I've ever had, outside of a drip machine in an Econo Lodge. It is almost undrinkable if you like your coffee black. If you mask it with sugar and cream and flavorings, it STILL tastes bad!

I have no idea how this company decided to go to market with a coffee product that tasted so terrible.

On top of it, this coffee hurts my stomach WORSE than normal coffee! So I don't know if I buy into the 70% less acid claim. Regular coffee really doesn't bother my stomach at all, but I figured 70% less acid would be healthy for your gut, so I bought it. Well, coffee finally upsets my stomach. I feel like I am drinking PURE acid, not 70% less.

This was a disastrous purchase, and I highly recommend everyone look elsewhere for a low acid coffee.

Milk Bars, Chocolate Peanut Caramel, 20.6 ounce , 8-Count
Milk Bars, Chocolate Peanut Caramel, 20.6 ounce , 8-Count
Price: $15.99
22 used & new from $13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the Top 3-5 worst protein bars I have ever eaten., August 9, 2014
This bar is absolutely terrible in every way, shape and form. The only benefit is the bar isn't that bad, chemical-wise. Most high protein bars have chemicals in them, but this doesn't have TOO many, which is the only plus.

The cons:
1. One of the worst tasting bars I have ever eaten. It's so bad, that I ended up throwing out 9 that were left in my box of 12.
2. Awful texture. It's bone dry, rock hard, chewy and rubbery at the same time.
3. It melts SO easily. If your bar is in your pocket and it's more than 70 degrees out, it's going to begin to melt. I haven't seen that many bars that melt this easily.
4. They don't digest well. They sit like a rock in my stomach.

Avoid these awful bars.

Hot Shot 95789 Mini Ultra Liquid Roach Bait, 6 Count
Hot Shot 95789 Mini Ultra Liquid Roach Bait, 6 Count
Price: $7.97
7 used & new from $7.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Works somewhat, but still have a roach issue., August 7, 2014
This product has worked for me. But I still get a Roach every 2-3 days. I used to get one about every 2 days. So the time has been shaved off ever so slightly using this 6-pack, but my problem hasn't been fixed by any means. It's definitely worked SOMEWHAT, but it's not a cure-all like some of the reviews on here would indicate. I've been using them about a month, and have probably had to kill 8-10 roaches in that time. It reduced my roach activity by maybe 25%.

Green Stuff Powder (500 Grams) by Gary Null's
Green Stuff Powder (500 Grams) by Gary Null's
Offered by Health and Fitness Depot
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $76.26

2.0 out of 5 stars Used to be a great value, but doubled the price... not a good value anymore., July 25, 2014
I am a big fan of Gary Null and a big fan of his Green Stuff. However, a few years ago, after the whole Vitamin D fiasco, he changed suppliers, and more than DOUBLED the price on this product. It used to retail for $39.99, and often you would find it in the Vitamin Shoppe for $29.99 on sale every other month.

For $30, it was a great value. For $74.99, it's now the highest priced Green Powder product on the market. Do your research - there isn't a single product on the market that's as expensive as this one is. I can't fathom why Gary would do this.

I'm sure he still gets sales off this product, but they have to only be a fraction of what his sales were with the previous Green Stuff.

I don't buy it anymore, sadly. I can't justify paying $74.99 for a bottle of this stuff, when I can get a competitors product for $40 or less.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2014 11:21 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20