Profile for Mark T. Brody > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 616

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mark T. Brody RSS Feed (Louisiana)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Helps Organic Herbal Teas, Rest and Relax, 20 Count (Pack of 6)
Helps Organic Herbal Teas, Rest and Relax, 20 Count (Pack of 6)
Price: $29.08
3 used & new from $29.08

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak - not overly relaxing, November 10, 2014
I drank almost an entire box of this tea, and I'm just not feeling the calming properties of it. I wanted something to help reduce stress, promote restful sleep, and to quiet my mind a little of anxiety arises. This doesn't seem like the tea for those things. The tea tastes OK, sort of like chamomile, even though chamomile isn't in the tea.

I guess I'm looking for something with a little more relaxation kick. This doesn't pack it for me.

Kicking Horse Coffee Kick Ass Dark, Whole Bean Coffee, 2.2-Pound Pouch
Kicking Horse Coffee Kick Ass Dark, Whole Bean Coffee, 2.2-Pound Pouch
Offered by A+++
Price: $32.99
6 used & new from $26.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly dehydrating coffee. Much more so than others., September 16, 2014
I've never drank coffee that made me feel worse. I don't know what the deal with this stuff is. It makes me so dehydrated, that I feel like I have full blown diabetes or something. I couldn't place it the first week or so I was drinking the coffee. I thought it was a new grass fed protein powder I was using. But I stopped using that, and my dehydration woes continued. I need to drink like 3/4 of a gallon of water to offset the excessive thirst associated with this coffee.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so I would hate to think that it's just me, but I am pretty aware of my body. My dehydration is directly related to this coffee consumption. It's so drastic, that I can't help but write a negative review. The coffee tastes and smells good, but man, the thirst is unlike anything I have ever experienced. No joke, I can drink 12 beers and not feel this dehydrated.

Coco Hydro Instant Coconut Water, Original, 9.7-Ounce Package
Coco Hydro Instant Coconut Water, Original, 9.7-Ounce Package
Price: $11.99
8 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick hangover relief., August 16, 2014
Coconut Water is expensive, probably because it costs so much to ship, due to the weight. I really gave up on drinking it, because of the cost. But, I came across this Coco Hydro in my local health food store. I figured, what the hey, it's cheap enough, at about 75 cents per serving.

I was pleasantly surprised. The first time I ever drank it was when I was hungover. And it provided me with INSTANT relief. It's very hydrating. Which of course, is the main reason anyone wants to drink coconut water in the first place.

The taste is OK. It doesn't taste like fresh coconut water, but it tastes like some of ones you would find in a can or something. The taste isn't super important to me. It tastes good enough for me. My main thing is the hydration and electrolytes, which this has. I will definitely be buying this again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2014 3:57 PM PDT

Puroast Low Acid Coffee Organic Dark French Roast, Drip Grind, 2.5-Pound Bag
Puroast Low Acid Coffee Organic Dark French Roast, Drip Grind, 2.5-Pound Bag
Price: $28.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Good effort, but this coffee tastes absolutely horrible, August 14, 2014
I read the label in the store and Puroast sold me. The increased antioxidants, 70% lower acid, organic, state of the art brewing process, etc. I was sold!

However, it wasn't until I got home and tasted the coffee, that I had a change of heart. This coffee, while it may have 70% lower acid, tastes absolutely horrendous. It might be the worst tasting coffee I've ever had, outside of a drip machine in an Econo Lodge. It is almost undrinkable if you like your coffee black. If you mask it with sugar and cream and flavorings, it STILL tastes bad!

I have no idea how this company decided to go to market with a coffee product that tasted so terrible.

On top of it, this coffee hurts my stomach WORSE than normal coffee! So I don't know if I buy into the 70% less acid claim. Regular coffee really doesn't bother my stomach at all, but I figured 70% less acid would be healthy for your gut, so I bought it. Well, coffee finally upsets my stomach. I feel like I am drinking PURE acid, not 70% less.

This was a disastrous purchase, and I highly recommend everyone look elsewhere for a low acid coffee.

CytoSport Muscle Milk Bars, Chocolate Peanut Caramel, 1 Pound 4.6 Ounce Box, 8-Count
Price: $15.99
14 used & new from $13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the Top 3-5 worst protein bars I have ever eaten., August 9, 2014
This bar is absolutely terrible in every way, shape and form. The only benefit is the bar isn't that bad, chemical-wise. Most high protein bars have chemicals in them, but this doesn't have TOO many, which is the only plus.

The cons:
1. One of the worst tasting bars I have ever eaten. It's so bad, that I ended up throwing out 9 that were left in my box of 12.
2. Awful texture. It's bone dry, rock hard, chewy and rubbery at the same time.
3. It melts SO easily. If your bar is in your pocket and it's more than 70 degrees out, it's going to begin to melt. I haven't seen that many bars that melt this easily.
4. They don't digest well. They sit like a rock in my stomach.

Avoid these awful bars.

Hot Shot 95789 Mini Ultra Liquid Roach Bait, 6 Count
Hot Shot 95789 Mini Ultra Liquid Roach Bait, 6 Count
Price: $12.51
5 used & new from $10.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Works somewhat, but still have a roach issue., August 7, 2014
This product has worked for me. But I still get a Roach every 2-3 days. I used to get one about every 2 days. So the time has been shaved off ever so slightly using this 6-pack, but my problem hasn't been fixed by any means. It's definitely worked SOMEWHAT, but it's not a cure-all like some of the reviews on here would indicate. I've been using them about a month, and have probably had to kill 8-10 roaches in that time. It reduced my roach activity by maybe 25%.

Green Stuff Powder (500 Grams) by Gary Null's
Green Stuff Powder (500 Grams) by Gary Null's
Offered by B&H Quality Brands
Price: $76.26
2 used & new from $76.26

2.0 out of 5 stars Used to be a great value, but doubled the price... not a good value anymore., July 25, 2014
I am a big fan of Gary Null and a big fan of his Green Stuff. However, a few years ago, after the whole Vitamin D fiasco, he changed suppliers, and more than DOUBLED the price on this product. It used to retail for $39.99, and often you would find it in the Vitamin Shoppe for $29.99 on sale every other month.

For $30, it was a great value. For $74.99, it's now the highest priced Green Powder product on the market. Do your research - there isn't a single product on the market that's as expensive as this one is. I can't fathom why Gary would do this.

I'm sure he still gets sales off this product, but they have to only be a fraction of what his sales were with the previous Green Stuff.

I don't buy it anymore, sadly. I can't justify paying $74.99 for a bottle of this stuff, when I can get a competitors product for $40 or less.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2014 11:21 AM PDT

You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover and Develop Those Riches
You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover and Develop Those Riches
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I have read, period., July 16, 2014
I have read such a ridiculous number of sales and "self-help" books, it's staggering. It has to be in the hundreds. I have had minimal results at best from reading those 100+ books, in the area of financial abundance. I have had a lot of results in other area.... relationships, spirituality, social, family, but money? Minimal at best.

I always loved Bob Proctor from The Secret. He has such an authoritative, confident way of speaking. I decided to give this book a try.

I have to say, this book is THE best book I ever read in regards to fulfilling the kind of life you desire. Nothing else I have read even holds a candle to it. I would say, "Think and Grow Rich", but that book is so old with so many outdated references, that I had trouble relating. It had great stuff, don't get me wrong, but "You Were Born Rich" is better. Bob Proctor has such a clear, concise way of describing the universal laws and the steps required to get what you want in life.

Bob Proctor's "Bible" is "Think and Grow Rich". He has read it every single day for 50 years. I have a feeling this book is going to become my "Bible".

Argo Tea Iced Tea, Green Tea Ginger Twist, 13.5 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Argo Tea Iced Tea, Green Tea Ginger Twist, 13.5 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Offered by Tal Depot
Price: $34.00
2 used & new from $34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best bottled Green Tea I've ever consumed., July 16, 2014
This honestly might be the best bottled Green Tea I've ever consumed. I saw it for sale in a local retail store, and decided to give it a shot. WOW. It's not very gingery. It's more sweet, with vanilla and lemon undertones. Sounds weird, I know. I thought it would be too, but it's incredible. The price online here for this case is outrageous. Much better finding it and buying it locally.

The Paleo Diet Bar, Cinnamon Raisin, 2.47 Ounce (Pack of 12)
The Paleo Diet Bar, Cinnamon Raisin, 2.47 Ounce (Pack of 12)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting, July 3, 2014
There is no other way to say it -- these bars are absolutely disgusting. They are sweeter than pure sugar, yet taste terrible. They are so sweet that they hurt my teeth. They digest terribly on top of it. At least the bar has a nice label and design. But the bar itself? The company needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. Awful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20