Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Profile for steborino > Reviews

Browse

steborino's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

steborino RSS Feed (NYC)

Stamina InTone Folding Recumbent Bike
Stamina InTone Folding Recumbent Bike
Price: $139.99
25 used & new from $139.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, December 13, 2008
I'll say this. After several uses, here are the pros; Gives me a great workout, very comfortable, takes up very little space and can be folded to take up less, and fairly easy to move around on it's little front wheels, digital readout is simple to use and has good,basic uses (calories burnt, speed, distance, time)

Here are the cons; the seat adjustment is a bit difficult, I feel like I am at the top end of the spectrum for the height of the user meant to use this. I am 5'9" tall; The resistance will eventually not be enough of a workout as I am starting out, not too far from maximum resistance (I'm no slouch though. this may be fine for most). Digital display lacking cadence/stride.

All told, I like this bike very much. What it does for me far outways it's drawbacks. And at it's price, i'd call it a very good deal. If you're taller than me, you may be too tall for this equipment without a booster seat.

Firefly: The Complete Series
Firefly: The Complete Series
Price: $13.18
47 used & new from $3.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Me Likey!!, June 28, 2007
This review is from: Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD)
I won't go on and on. Sometimes movies and TV shows make you feel like your coming home. That's what this one was like for me. You fall for the cast and want more. I happily became aware of Firefly after watching Serenity. After being smitten by Serenity, I was thrilled to learn there was more and happily lapped it up. And then, after the one and only short season came to an end, I was sad and hoped that some day there will be more in some shape or form.

If not, oh well. At least there was what there was.

Buy it not once, nor twice, but Thrice. Give it out as gifts. With sales like that, maybe there'll be more.

Shiny!

Serenity (Collector's Edition)
Serenity (Collector's Edition)
Offered by PRIME MERCHANTS
Price: $16.80
22 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One that you just love, June 27, 2007
I saw Serenity on cable and for no apparent reason. It was going to be on, I read a review and so I watched. I'd never seen, nor heard of Firefly at this point in time.

I just loved this movie and I didn't know why. Something about it was just so great. Movies like this come along for people sometimes. It's all about personal taste, and this one suited mine (and many others as well). It became the movie that I would fall asleep to on several nights. Soothing, I guess you could say.

Once I realized that there was a whole season of Serentity out there in a boxed set called Firefly, I bought it right away. Loved that too. Probably even more than the movie.

Anyways. Buy the movie. Buy the Series. Buy everything, and then buy it again for your best friend. If enough people do that, maybe if we're lucky, we'll get another movie or a 2nd chance on the show. If not, well, at least we'll have what we got!

Keep flying
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2007 8:49 PM PDT

Serenity (Widescreen Edition)
Serenity (Widescreen Edition)
Price: $7.39
125 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun, enjoyable, Sci Fi, November 30, 2006
I found it strange that I had never heard of this movie until I happened upon it when it played on HBO. Being a sci fi fan, I thought I'd have heard more about it. In any event, It's too bad that I didnt see this in the theatre because it's a very fun movie.

After watching this, I started reading about the series, Firefly. It got such great ratings that I bought the one and only season of that as well. All in all, a huge pleasure to watch. I highly recommend!

Samsung Headphone 2.5mm To 3.5mm Adapter for U430
Samsung Headphone 2.5mm To 3.5mm Adapter for U430

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with LG VX8300, November 30, 2006
I just got it. It works. Nothing else that I tried did. Nuff said.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2008 3:11 AM PDT

Verizon LG VX8300 No Contract Camera Cell Phone
Verizon LG VX8300 No Contract Camera Cell Phone
Offered by wireless4cheap
Price: $79.99
21 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, but you have to work at it, November 20, 2006
I guess I should start off my saying that I've had to pair this phone to my old Imac, running OSX 10.3.9. On top of that, I've read (and witnessed) that the standard bluetooth file exchange has been removed as an option. That said, I've been able to find some other methods that will allow me to

1 Pair the phone with my Mac

2 set up my own ringers

3 Sync (sort of) the phone's calander, with my gmail calander (iCal file)

4 play my Mp3's

With my set-up, and you'll have to do some internet searching to figure out how to do this, you'll likely need, at least, software for file transfers (free online, rhymes with witdim:), a MicroSD card ($), a card reader for you PC (very cheap), and if your computer isn't already bluetooth capable (as mine wasn't), a bluetooth dongle (do research to get the correct one). I did this all for about 70 bucks. The phone was free, so I guess it was worth it.

Ok, so in the end, because I was able to do all this with some effort, I think it's a great phone. If you do nothing to upgrade it, I'd say that it is probably a decent phone, with garbage ringers. I would have to guess that Verizon did this so that you'll buy some through VCAST.

I'd give it 5 stars if not for all the work I had to do to get the phone to work the way I want it to. So there you go. Be frustrated, then enjoy.

iriver iFP 799T 1 GB Flash MP3 Player
iriver iFP 799T 1 GB Flash MP3 Player
2 used & new from $294.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good after a month, September 22, 2005
This is a great player so far. Very easy to use. I do consider myself a tad tech savy, but I don't believe that you'll need to be a genious to use this. It's possible that you may not understand it well at first. It'll just takes a short time up front looking at the manuel to get familiar. Within a day or so, you'll be a pro.

I haven't used the recording option yet, so "no comment" on that, but I've read several times that it's great. The built in FM tuner is also great feature.

I don't mind the software that it comes with at all. You can upgrade the firmware if you like so that the player shows up on your desktop when you plug it in (without using the software), but I personally thought that it didn't work as well that way. I therefore reverted back.

I find it easy to use, the sound quality is great, it's very small, and the deal breaker was that it runs for over 30 hours or so on one AA batery. I have already bought rechargeables and am very happy with this type of setup. I would have bought an iPod if not for the fact that it runs on rechargeable batteries. Anyone who owns a cell phone should know why AA's can have their advantages over pluggin products. I'll say no more about that.

Overall, I'm very happy. Got a great deal on it. Enjoy

Bjork - Inner Part of an Animal or Plant Structure (Snapper)
Bjork - Inner Part of an Animal or Plant Structure (Snapper)
DVD ~ Bjrk
Offered by Phase 3, LLC
Price: $14.81
25 used & new from $1.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Just saw it at a listening party in NYC, August 25, 2004
This was a very enjoyable documentary to watch. I think that it's about 40 minutes long. It allows you to see all of the sounds coming from the mouths of those who make it for this album (Medulla). It's really incredible to watch this album get made. I recommend it highly. What's nine dollars anyways?