Profile for Old Dominion > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 77

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Old Dominion RSS Feed (Woodbridge, VA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff
Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff
Price: $47.97
73 used & new from $41.32

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, July 11, 2014
It doesn't protect your ears against loud noises. It's fine when dealing with the sound of a small caliber like .22LR, but a 7.62x51 completely overwhelms it. The problem isn't a noise-cancellation issue, you can feel the over-pressure from near-by rifles, on your ear drums, as well as the noise getting in. That makes these a very limited value for me, had I known, I wouldn't have bought them.

Ruger 90417 10/22 Laser Max Laser
Ruger 90417 10/22 Laser Max Laser
Offered by Midwest Sporting goods
Price: $67.00
15 used & new from $62.44

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy Construction Guarantees Inaccuracy, July 11, 2014
I bought this to put on my 10/22TD, it's a factory replacement for the stock fore-end retainer ring. The laser works.

The problem is that if you touch it, you can wriggle it a bit at the laser-end because it's just not that tight-fitting other than the retainer rings and the casing is plastic, so it flexes. What this needs is a metal housing that can't flex, or a third retaining ring that anchors the end to the barrel. Otherwise, if you bump it, you're likely to shift the laser just a tiny little bit, which is going to be a great big bit, at 25 or 50 yards.

.22 Caliber RamRodz (300 Gun Swabs)
.22 Caliber RamRodz (300 Gun Swabs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly effective, July 11, 2014
These work extremely well. They aren't just a cotton swab, they appear to have a wrap of cotton 'paper' around the cotton 'swab' within that holds the shape in place to clean.
Some people think I'm excessive in keeping my firearms clean; I clean them within a few hours or a day after every shoot, whether I put 500 rounds through it or 10 rounds. I bought these to try on my M&P-22 pistol, which was clean when I took it to the range, where I put 48 more rounds through it. I came home, found that the RamRodz had arrived, and first, cleaned the pistol with my usual procedure; Bore Brite inside the barrel, either FrogLube or a light cleaning lube like Barricade on the rest of it. After letting the bore cleaner sit for 20 minutes, I took a copper bristle brush to it, 10 times in and back out again. I then changed to a brass jag and pushed oversized patches through it, the first 3 were progressively cleaner, the 4th patch came through clean. Normally, at this point I would put some light oil on the clean patch and run it through one more time, followed by a last patch to mop up any excess, and call it done.
Instead, I used one the RamRodz sticks, pushed it through and saw grey streaks on it. The tip itself showed the impression of the rifling, and when I held it up the light, there were silvery glitters. Lead. I pushed the RamRodz stick through a few more times and it became grey and glittery with lead fouling that all my previous cleaning and left behind. I discarded, went to a new stick until it pretty clean, then put some light oil on a fresh stick, ran it through. No more lead.
That was a crazy amount of lead that these sticks pulled out of the pistol grooves, lead that cleaning with a copper brush and patches, couldn't remove. These things just work.

iGadgitz Water Resistant Neoprene Sports Gym Jogging Armband for Apple iPod Classic 80gb, 120gb & 160gb
Offered by igadgitz_usa
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It's made for little girls, May 28, 2014
Or guys with stick-thin upper arms.

The strap is at least 2" short, and because there's no elastic in the band, it won't stretch. Bottom line is that most adult men are going to have to trouble strapping this thing around their upper arms because it really is too short.

My second complaint is that little buds holder on the side. Yes, there's a small piece of elastic there, but it's not velcro on one side, so it doesn't come off to let you insert your buds wires. The result is that it's very hard to insert your wires, it's not worth the trouble.

Ironclad
Ironclad
DVD ~ Paul Giamatti
Price: $4.98
117 used & new from $0.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous movie!, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Ironclad (DVD)
And it'll make you flinch, unless you're so hardened to graphic violence and torture that this sort of thing is old hat to you.

It's important to know that this movie is based on historical events and takes lots of liberties. Since we have no play-by-play narration of actual medieval events, every movie and book that goes beyond the broad stroke of history to tell a lively story, is in fact, 'based on historical events', so I don't think that's a show-stopper. More, if you have an interest in history, this movie might just get you to do some digging on your own and learn something. All to the good.

Purefoy is brilliant as the Templar, both in casting and performance, and Brian Cox adds the right touch of rakish resignation to the end that has to be coming. This movie is absolutely brutal, and that's a virtue in and of itself. Most movies gloss over the results of running-with-scissors (or swords), Ironclad brings it up close and personal. Most movies portray a medieval setting with modern sensibilities, this one gives you a glimpse into what it was more probably like.

I see some of the reviewers are hatin' on Kate Mara, and their complaints about her acting ability are fair enough. But if you consider her as what she really is; a pretty, strangely beguiling foil to showcase the conflict within the Templar Knight, she's the perfect fit for the part. She's not meant to be a main character, and she isn't.

This is not a movie I recommend to most people. Only my best friends.

Bulldog Economy Black Rifle Case with Black Trim (52-Inch)
Bulldog Economy Black Rifle Case with Black Trim (52-Inch)
Price: $11.10
31 used & new from $11.10

3.0 out of 5 stars It works for longer rifles such as the Mosin Nagant, February 19, 2014
Nothing special here, and with a rubber backpad on the Mosin, the fit is a bit tight, but it will fit.

Black & Decker Pivot Vac 18V Cordless Pivoting Hand Vac, PHV1810
Black & Decker Pivot Vac 18V Cordless Pivoting Hand Vac, PHV1810
Price: $49.72
74 used & new from $37.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more powerful than expected, February 19, 2014
My previous handheld was the 14.4v Black and Decker's Dust Buster, which was barely adequate. This new model is far superior, with no problems picking up the usual floor-debris. The swiveling nozzle takes some getting used to, but the ability to quickly empty the catch-container without a mess is makes up for it. The only knock I can think for this is that there's no charging stand which can be wall-mounted. What you have is power cord that plugs in the back, simple but there's no way to set this conveniently out of the way. I do wish it were a little lighter, but all in all, I'm very pleased with this purchase.

Wishpets Large Brown Tiger Paw Slippers
Wishpets Large Brown Tiger Paw Slippers
Offered by SilverHooks, Inc
Price: $16.54
3 used & new from $15.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made product, February 19, 2014
The seams are coming apart, stuffing falling out, this is just a very poorly made novelty product. Not recommended at all.

Ruger 10/22 Sr/22 Magazine Caps Dust Covers 4 Pack
Ruger 10/22 Sr/22 Magazine Caps Dust Covers 4 Pack
Offered by Gunandsurplus
Price: $15.95
2 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars They work great, February 4, 2014
Not a lot to say here. They fit snuggly, never had one fall off. They protect your 10/22 magazine feed lips from any snags and damage, keep dirt and water/rain from getting in, and they keep the loaded rounds from being knocked out. They work great. Recommended.

Rainier Arms Raptor
Rainier Arms Raptor
Offered by Monster Tactical
Price: $85.45
2 used & new from $85.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, February 4, 2014
This review is from: Rainier Arms Raptor (Misc.)
I bought this to upgrade the standard CH on my S&W M&P-15T and couldn't be happier with it. I have large hands and sometimes I'm holding the AR-15 in my off-hand. The ambidextrous nature of this means I never have to reach across the rifle to pull it back, and while the limbs are larger than a MIL-SPEC CH, they aren't excessively long or wide and they're not prone to snagging. I don't think there's any reasonable chance of getting pinched by it, either. In short, worth every penny. I'm going see if they have one to go on my AR-10 as well. Highly Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8