Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Jessviv > Reviews

Browse

Jessviv's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jessviv RSS Feed

Strike Fighters Attack
Strike Fighters Attack
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars hard to find some awesome games, April 22, 2014
This review is from: Strike Fighters Attack (App)
It´s just to hard to find a cool plane/war game but OMG I found one of the best games I'v ever played so thanks to whoever made this game :)

mega portal

Now Eat This! Italian: Favorite Dishes from the Real Mamas of Italy--All Under 350 Calories
by Rocco DiSpirito
Price: $17.99
95 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocco is rendering my cookbook collection obsolete, September 28, 2012
This is the second cookbook I have purchased by Mr. DiSpirito and I can easily say he has taken over my kitchen with his simple, straightforward recipes and easygoing narratives. His previous book, Now Eat This! Diet: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in Just 2 Weeks Eating 6 Meals a Day! quickly became a household staple - I am 5 lbs down in my first week of the "Fast Track" plan so naturally I had to add this book as a companion.
Words can barely describe how impressed I am with this book.

Firstly, it's formidable.
I will likely use it as a weapon should someone break into my house.

Secondly, it is visually stunning.
We all know we eat with our eyes first and the photography in this book is simply mouthwatering.
(And no, I am not talking about Rocco himself here although I wouldn't mind playing a round of 7 minutes in heaven with him)
The photos are bright, fresh, detailed and luscious. I love how many of the recipes feature a birds-eye-view, photo-narrative that gives you a step by step visual on how to make each dish.

Thirdly, the dude did his homework.
Mr. DiSpirito has plenty of experience with Italian cooking but he didn't just cockily rest on his own knowledge. He traveled to Italy, to the source, and found a variety of "mamas" to inspire, coach and test his trimmed down recipes. Regardless of your heritage, you can relate to those grandmas, aunts, uncles and family friends whose intuitive confidence in the kitchen makes them legendary. Rocco's are here, in this book, and the warmth of people gathering and laughing and talkin' smack over food is practically tangible.
I feel like Rocco has really outdone himself with this book. He proves that simple, fresh, delicious food is effortless and attainable.
Get this book. You will not regret it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 5:55 PM PDT

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, Book 1)
Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The popularity of this book makes me sad., May 1, 2012
I seriously do not understand why this book is so popular.
This book is part erotica and part romance and does not do a particularly good job at both.

While Christian, the male figure, is somewhat sexy it's the female character Ana whose characterization made me want to stick needles in my eyes.
Clearly, the author did not do much research or put much thought into what typical 21 year old AMERICAN girls are thinking/saying.

The bizarre combination of constant italicized "Holy Crap!" and "Argh" (because, we all know when we lost our v-cards - a hearty, pirate-inspired 'ARGH!' was the first thing out of our mouths) juxtaposed against NEVER-used-in-the-American-vernacular "fetched" "proffered" and "shall" was so distracting I began to lose faith in my fellow Americans for enjoying this poorly written drivel.
Why Christian is so beside himself over heels over this weirdo is a little too much of a stretch. I can suspend my disbelief for a lot of things but to believe any girl like this could exist is beyond me.

So, this Twilight-based erotica has it's "Edward" and it's "Bella" - so where's Jacob?

Oh he's the almost offensively two dimensional Latino named - wait for it - Jose. He says "dios mio" a lot, just in case you forgot he is Latino. Seriously?

The sex is ok but eventually is hitting you over the head with a mallet.
I am a huge erotica fan and the ONLY positive is that maybe this will help people open their minds to erotic fiction as a more mainstream form of fiction. But there is SO MUCH good (free) stuff out there on the internet that the success of this book is almost painful and extremely difficult to understand.