Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for J. Durgin > Reviews

Browse

J. Durgin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Durgin "Jess and boys" RSS Feed (United States)

Timberland White Ledge Men's Waterproof Boot,Dark Brown,9.5 M US
Timberland White Ledge Men's Waterproof Boot,Dark Brown,9.5 M US
Price: $100.99
3 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 16, 2016
Love the style and comfort. Fits as expected.

Trivia for Doctor Who - Fan quiz for the TV series
Trivia for Doctor Who - Fan quiz for the TV series
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars fun!, February 9, 2016
My 7 year old is a big Doctor Who fan and between the two of us we were able to get most of the questions. Fun app

G.I. Joe Backpack with Detachable Lunch Box Kit - Navy Blue/ Black - 16"
G.I. Joe Backpack with Detachable Lunch Box Kit - Navy Blue/ Black - 16"
Offered by Bo Toys and Gifts
Price: $25.99
3 used & new from $18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Only one zippered pocket, February 23, 2011
I wish I'd examined the photo better before buying this item. The picture of the three guys on the bag is actually on the pencil case that is detachable with velcro from the backpack. So the only pocket on the backpack is the one large zippered pouch. We usually look for backpacks that have at least one smaller zippered pocket and would have appreciated two bottle holders instead of just the one mesh pouch on the side. It's really cheaply made but for the price, it'll probably be fine for the few months left until the end of the school year. Really doubt it would have held up for the entire year though.

Greenville and Spartanburg Street Guide (Rand McNally)
Greenville and Spartanburg Street Guide (Rand McNally)
by Rand McNally and Company
Edition: Spiral-bound
20 used & new from $17.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Even in the age of GPS, this is a great and handy map, February 18, 2011
I know most people rely on their GPS but there is nothing like a good, old-fashioned map to help you learn the lay of the land. How many people do you also know who are completely lost without their GPS...even to places they've been countless times before. Without seeing the larger picture, it's easy to lose your bearings. This map is organized very well, including a great index in the back for schools, parks, etc. It was printed in 2008 but there doesn't seem to be one more recent than that. Great reference especially for people relocating to Greenville.

S Is for South Carolina (State Alphabet Books)
S Is for South Carolina (State Alphabet Books)
by E. J. Sullivan
19 used & new from $4.33

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry rhymes, fair illustrations, bizarre word choices, February 18, 2011
I just received this book and wanted to quick write this review before anyone makes a mistake and buys this. The rhyming is awkward and forced and some of the word choices are bizarre at best. I feel like I'm reading something my middle schooler did for a school assignment. Each page includes a letter followed by what in South Carolina starts with that letter, as well as a general illustration. A few pages are sweet: A is for Amusement Parks at Myrtle Beach. But many are just grasping for straws..."I is for Interstates where Dad yells at everyone". HUH? or how about this one: "Q is for being Quiet during Grandma's nap". And to follow that up and make sure they rhyme, "R is for Rock Hill where our cousins are at." If my son wrote that, we'd talk about not ending a sentence with a preposition. The final straw was reading that in South Carolina, "U is for UFOS that visit from space". Really? A guy builds a homemade wooden saucer next to his trailer in a yard strewn with trash and it gets him included in the book? I guess the author couldn't come up with any other word that started with U? I wish I could say the illustrations save the book but my little ones are actually scared of the boy in "B is for Brother who loves a South Carolina peach". I've never seen so many teeth!

I definitely do not recommend this book. Make your own and have your child illustrate it. You'll do a better job and enjoy it more.

Domino Express Classic
Domino Express Classic
Offered by Whatsupstairs
Price: $39.99
7 used & new from $11.00

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap quality, January 2, 2011
This review is from: Domino Express Classic (Toy)
This seems to be a pattern with these type of childhhod toys, but it is of extremely poor quality. The dominoes are a cheap plastic that are incredibly light and smaller than average sized dominoes. The plastic loop barely fits together and rarely works. In rereading the other reviewer on here, I can see that what they are saying does indicate the problems I have with our set but I wish they had been a little more blunt about it. I definitely wouldn't have wasted the money on this set if they had stated it as clearly as I'm going to: This is a cheap set of plastic and not worth more than a quarter at a garage sale. Get your child some heavy duty, classic dominoes and make your own contraptions for the extra fun. At least that way, they'd have the dots and could be played with in the game form as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2011 8:28 PM PST

Welcome To Ralph's World [CD/DVD Combo] [Amazon Exclusive Bonus Content]
Welcome To Ralph's World [CD/DVD Combo] [Amazon Exclusive Bonus Content]
Offered by Uncle Dan's Market
Price: $42.57
10 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music and bonus DVD!, January 5, 2007
We love Ralph's World around here--both our 1.5 yr old and 4 yr old sons! His songs are so well done--catchy and melodic with lyrics that kids can relate to without annoying the adults.

I bought the CD to listen to in the car but the DVD has been the best bonus! I thought my kids wouldn't care to watch "concert" footage of Ralph but I guess The Wiggles and Doodlebops know what they're doing.... both kids enjoy the DVD immensely! The Disney channel has been showing clips of this video during Playhouse Disney so they're already familiar with certain songs. Anytime one comes on, my 1.5 year old says "More! More!" and I have to pull the dvd out and pop it in. It's enabled me to get dinner cooked and on the table more than a few nights! And I bop along too!

Buy this--getting both the CD and DVD make it more than worth the money!

Signing Time! Volume 9: The Zoo Train DVD
Signing Time! Volume 9: The Zoo Train DVD
DVD ~ Rachel de Azevedo Coleman
Offered by signingtime
Price: $18.99
22 used & new from $3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Whole family loves it!, January 5, 2007
This is by far one of the best videos in our house right now. My two boys, age 1.5. and 4 both enjoy watching it as does my husband! The songs are catchy and well done. I'm assuming if you're reading this, you're already well aware of the benefits of teaching hearing children ASL, but I can't say enough positive things about it.

We started signing with our first son when he was one (without these videos) and around 15 months he "got it" and starting picking up signs everyday. Eventually he could do about 50 signs and recognized others as well. It DEFINITELY reduces or eliminates the frustration many toddlers feel when they can't communicate their wants and needs to you. We never experienced that as he would just sign whatever was on his mind.

We did the same with our second son but also bought a few of these Signing Times videos. He's 18 months and already knows well over 50 signs. He'll pick them up just watching the video! They are so much fun to watch and both kids are mesmerized watching the other kids sign. The animation is well done, songs are fantastic, clips of each animal are enjoyable and the entire concept is wonderful!

This particular video (zoo train) is better than our other one (Great Outdoors), mostly in terms of songs and "games" (guess what animal I am). The game is my older son's favorite part. I've taken two ASL courses and even learned new signs here! Definitely recommend this video whole heartedly!

The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice
The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice
by Wendy Pfeffer
Price: $15.99
107 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Winter Solstice book for kids/family, October 28, 2006
I was very pleased with this book and it's coverage of the Winter Solstice. I was looking for something to help my 4 year old son understand the concept as well as realize the historical importance of the sun and moon. We celebrate Christmas but are eager to incorporate the holiday of the Winter Solstice as well. Our traditions will certainly include reading this book each year.