Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS
Profile for David Rickman > Reviews

Browse

David Rickman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Rickman RSS Feed

Cable Matters Wireless AC600 Dual-Band USB Adapter for Windows
Cable Matters Wireless AC600 Dual-Band USB Adapter for Windows
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly for game steaming, January 23, 2016
Fantastic device! Bought it to go with my new AC router for steaming games on my steam link. To my surprise, it seems to be faster than the adapter on the steam link itself. I was having framerate issues when hardwiring my pc and wirelessly connecting to the steam link, so I tried moving my router next to the steam link and connecting to my pc wirelessly instead using this dongle. Now it works perfectly at 60 frames highest quality picture. So happy with my purchase.

ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
Offered by Ace Micros
Price: $198.41
88 used & new from $119.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great router to beef up your network, January 23, 2016
Great router! Bought it to improve network speeds for steaming games (steam in-house streaming). Took a little tweaking, but now everything works beautifully. Super easy setup and admin interface is very user friendly even for someone like me who knows very little about networking. I would recommend getting a wireless AC adapter of some sort if your device doesn't already have an AC card in it. I bought a cheap USB dongle and it works great.

Matricom G-Pad BX Wireless USB Rechargeable Bluetooth Pro Game Pad Joystick
Matricom G-Pad BX Wireless USB Rechargeable Bluetooth Pro Game Pad Joystick
Offered by Matricom HQ
Price: $39.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for Gear VR, January 6, 2016
Bought it for use with my Samsung Gear VR and it works perfectly so far. Tested with Anshar Wars and the Classic arcade and it worked on both with no issues. I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality quality. Definitely a great price compared to the "officially supported" controllers.

Doctor Who Season 6
Doctor Who Season 6
DVD
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Season, November 14, 2013
This review is from: Doctor Who Season 6 (Amazon Video)
This season made Doctor Who my favorite show of all time. Very well written and creative from start to finish.

Panasonic SC-BTT195 Energy Star 5.1-Channel 1000-Watt Full HD 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System with Tall Boy Speakers (2012 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great System, June 22, 2012
Sound is very good, but the features are what really sell it. Although the interface can be a little clunky, the ability to watch amazon video and use pandora without plugging in a computer is great. Also first thing you should do after buying this system is get the App. Not only does the app give you quick access to volume and arrow keys, it also gives you a full duplicate of the actual remote AND quick control over the audio settings like base level and equalizer. This was very impressive and works great.

Something else that I never saw mentioned anywhere is once the system is hooked up to your network it is recognized as a "Renderer." This means that if you have a Windows PC (Windows 7 for me, not sure about Macs) you can right click on a music file or video file and click play to > SC-BTT195 then it will play through your surround system... Very cool. This also works with mobile devices, but you will have to download an app to do so.

Overall, we use it like crazy and we love it. Great buy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2013 1:47 PM PDT

Battleheart
Battleheart

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, February 1, 2012
This review is from: Battleheart (App)
Very addicting. Simple enough to play in when you only have a few minutes. And engaging enough to keep you coming back. Love the design too.

Charles-Hubert, Paris Satin Finish Mechanical Pocket Watch
Charles-Hubert, Paris Satin Finish Mechanical Pocket Watch
Price: $81.14
8 used & new from $76.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, May 30, 2011
I love this watch. It keeps great time and has the perfect weight. The look is very simple yet sophisticated. My only comment would be that the spring and lock mechanism on the front cover is a bit inconsistent. I bought 5 for my groomsman and some open and close smoothly, while others my not have as much spring when they open, or require a good pinch before locking closed. None were bad enough to return but I have spoken with the service rep. at Charles Hubert to ask about the warranty and they would gladly fix any manufacturing defects and return the watch quickly. They were very nice and will absolutely back up the lifetime warranty. That alone makes this watch a great deal!

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 6" Display, White - 2nd Generation
Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 6" Display, White - 2nd Generation
7 used & new from $65.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I Just Works, January 21, 2010
I recently bought both the Kindle and the Nook around christmas time. Kindle for me and the Nook for my girlfriend. Although she is pleased with her Nook, I truly prefer the Kindle. It has a significantly better battery life, a basic web browser (which I use to check email), and allows me to send documents directly from my computer without using the cable (at $.15 cents a pop).

I find I am reading a lot more now what I can bring it anywhere and have any book with me at all times.

I highly recommend buying a Kindle then using a free program called Calibre to manage your ebooks, convert PDFs or other formats, and to set-up daily articles.

With everything said and done, I would definitely choose the Kindle over the Nook if for no other reason then the Kindle has no bugs. It does exactly what it should do and a little more.