Profile for A. Boston > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 714

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Boston RSS Feed (Winchester, CT)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips SC1981/50 Lumea Comfort IPL Hair Removal System, White
Philips SC1981/50 Lumea Comfort IPL Hair Removal System, White
Price: $206.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed so far, August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've previously tried the Remington IPL6000USA I-Light Pro, Professional IPL Hair Removal Systemand didn't really get any results. When I saw this, I considered that there might be something a little more up-to-date technology wise that would make it work better, so I figured I'd give it a go.

This one is a lot more compact, as the remington was attached to a larger piece via a cable. That made it harder to store, especially if you have limited space, so I really liked that bout the Philips model. This is just the body with a wire for power. I was impressed that it doesn't need any bulb replacements, as I've heard those can be very pricey. On the whole though, this one doesn't feel like it's really doing as much as the Remington did. On 5, the Remington would sting a bit, just like a rubberband snap. This one doesn't hurt at all. It seems to produce the same amount of light, but with less intensity. The Remington also felt like it had to gather juice in between, but this will just go one after the other if you hit the button. This one also has less bells and whistles. In order to start the Remington, you had to press your finger to to it to get it started, then it would beep before shooting at your skin. This one doesn't do any of those things. For the same price bracket, they're almost the same machine, though I really don't think either of these is worth more than 100 bucks. I suppose only time will tell.

On top of that, you cannot use it on tanned skin(or any skin tone more than a fair-to-medium with dark hair). I'll have to wait for winter to get a more overall feel and review of this, since I can only use it on places right now that don't see the sun. I'll keep trying it and updating my review as time goes by.

Spectrum 56377 Over The Cabinet/Drawer Grid Basket, Large, Satin Nickel
Spectrum 56377 Over The Cabinet/Drawer Grid Basket, Large, Satin Nickel
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $9.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, August 14, 2014
This works well inside my cabinet under the sink. Only thing you have to consider is if you have a lot under there, it needs to go back farther to accommodate this basket. Otherwise, it works well and I like using it to hold spray cleaner and paper towels for easy access.

John Varvatos Vintage By John Varvatos For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 Oz.
John Varvatos Vintage By John Varvatos For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 Oz.
Price: $38.74
43 used & new from $38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Woodsy and masculine, August 14, 2014
I had bought a fragrance sampler as a gift last year from a high end beauty store, which was awesome. It gave my boyfriend the opportunity to try out about 15 different men's fragrances, so that we could determine which one works with his body chemistry and was pleasing to both of our noses together. It actually turned out to be a pretty awesome gift and was a lot of fun. That particular gift set came with a voucher for a full size one of his choice, and in the end we had trouble deciding. This John Varvatos was our second choice, so I made sure to add it to my amazon list as a future gift.

This not only smells amazing, the price buying for the 4.2 oz direct from amazon(I wouldn't buy from a 3rd party seller, personally) was unbeatable! It was the same bottle and box as I saw in the store. Buying this at Sephora or Ulta, it's about $75 bucks, so I was a huge fan of the price here. I would say this fragrance would span a variety of ages. We're in our early 30s, and it really suits him well. It's woodsy and rich, a bit mysterious. The notes are Ashwood, Tonka Beans, Santolina, Madras Wood, Quince Paste, Oak Moss, Silver Absinthe, White Lavender, Marine Fennel, Cubeb Peppers, Tobacco Leaf, Juniper Berries, Jasmine, Orris Root, Patchouli, Fir Balsam & Suede. A really delicious, masculine scent. He alternates between this and a more aquatic fragrance depending on his mood. This is definitely my favorite of the two he uses. When he first started testing it out, I thought it might be too old for him, but after getting used to it, I really favor this scent. He sprays 1 spritz in the morning and when he comes home after work I can still smell it. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

Mistress of Night and Dawn (The Eighty Days Series)
Mistress of Night and Dawn (The Eighty Days Series)
by Vina Jackson
Price: $12.78
28 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written but too much erotica for me, August 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For me this was more 50 shades of grey with a teeny splash of The Night Circus. It has some magical elements, but on the whole was a bit too much erotica. When I ordered it after reading the synopsis, I didn't realize this would fall under the erotica category at all and not only that, but it's book six in a series. I thought it was straight up fiction/romance, especially by the synopsis. Regardless though, if you know what you're getting into and looking for some kink, you'll probably like this. Jackson is very adept at painting a rich, vivid picture of every scene with her words. The characters are interesting but I felt overall it's very shallow. I didn't get any real passion or heart out of it. I wouldn't continue on with anything else in the series.

SodaStream 1018111017 Fizz Home Soda Maker, Red
SodaStream 1018111017 Fizz Home Soda Maker, Red
Offered by SirDealio
Price: $81.00
8 used & new from $60.00

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 and 1/2 stars: Just what I needed with one issue, August 5, 2014
I've been loving seltzer water with a splash of white grapefruit balsamic vinegar and some frozen pineapple - sounds weird, but so good! - especially when it's hot. I tend to get hungry an hour or two before dinner and found this concoction curbs my appetite till it's time for a real meal, no more mindless snacking.

I don't drink soda so I'd dismissed the idea of a SodaStream for a long time. But once I started with the fizzy water, this came to mind. I read a lot about the different models and wanted one that would show me the levels of the Co2 so I'd know when to replace it. I was considering both this model and the Pure, but got this because of the screen, even though I was strongly leaning towards the Pure because of the stainless body. In the end, I picked this one in black for the level monitor and price(from a big box store, it was under $70) over aesthetics. It's just what I needed. Easy to set up and I had my fizzy seltzer within 5 minutes of the box arriving. I'm still learning how many lever pushes will get my fizz preference, but it'll be perfect once I do.

The only problem I'm having is the screen for monitoring the fizz level and co2. It wasn't working so I called Sodastream and they sent me a new one, since it's just a little chip that pops in and out. This one is exactly the same, it's not showing the arrow for the fizz level and doesn't seem to be changing the fill of the co2 levels either. I did get this at a good price so I'm living with it, but if I'd paid over 100 bucks, this would be making me crazy!

Traditional Medicinals Herbal Tea, Dandelion Leaf and Root, 16 Count, (Pack of 6)
Price: $26.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've heard a lot about dandelion tea lately and was looking forward to trying it. I really haven't met a tea I don't enjoy, I love a good cup in the fall especially. This organic dandelion is very light, floral and earthy. I think its had a positive effective on my digestion which can be finicky at times as well. I love that each bag is sealed, so it's very fresh each time. I would definitely buy this again!

Bestway 53" Rapid Rider Tube
Bestway 53" Rapid Rider Tube
Price: $19.99
11 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, July 27, 2014
This review is from: Bestway 53" Rapid Rider Tube (Toy)
I bought this Bestway tube and this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PEOMC8/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1 at the same time. They looked identical(minus the color and name) and we wanted to test them out on the river side by side. After inflating them, the Intex one seems just a tad better quality than the yellow Bestway tube, with the air inflation spot being screwed in instead of something you pop in and out. Seems like it would hold air more securely.

I live about 15 minutes from a very popular river tubing company that charges 20 bucks per ride which includes the use of a river tube, the office holding your keys(that river must be full of lost car keys!) and a bus ride back from the end of the river run. We discovered if you had your own tube and 2 cars - one for the start and one for the end to drive back, you could do the same jaunt down the river for free - AWESOME! I've looked at these tubes on amazon for awhile and wondering if they'd be durable enough for the rapids and rocks in the river. Happy to say, they are! The river was high so it was fast moving with some crazy rapids and these tubes lived to see another day. The rope that goes around it is great to hold onto each other in a lazy river kinda way. The cup holders are great, the ones the river company use don't have those holders or the back rest. After using the river company's tubes for 2 seasons and now these, these are definitely better and more comfortable. After a while floating, without the backrest your neck can start to hurt. These are light years more comfortable overall. The mesh is also a nice feature - I parked my water next to me on the rapids so it didn't go flying out.

On the whole so far, we love these tubes! Fantastic price and nice quality.

Intex River Run I
Intex River Run I
Price: $19.99
38 used & new from $18.01

4.0 out of 5 stars River tubing, here I come!, July 27, 2014
I bought this Intex tube and this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HU1AWDM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 at the same time. They looked identical(minus the color and name) and we wanted to test them out on the river side by side. After inflating them, this one seems just a tad better quality than the yellow Bestway tube, with the air inflation spot being screwed in instead of something you pop in and out. Seems like it would hold air more securely.

On the whole so far, we love these tubes! Fantastic price and nice quality.

Cobra XRS9570 Voice Alert 14 Band Radar/Laser Detector with 360 Degree Protection and DigiView Data Display
Offered by Hawk Stock
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $101.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, July 23, 2014
I got this for my boyfriend as a gift. I've ridden around with him waiting for it to go off and it never does even when I see a radar gun pointed at us. The only time is does make any noises or notify us of anything is going by certain businesses. I don't know if they have some kind of door opening device etc, but something sets it off at the grocery store every time without fail. Total waste of money.

Brother Printer HLL8350CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer
Brother Printer HLL8350CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer
Price: $299.99
48 used & new from $299.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice laser printer, July 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have the older model of this printer(HL4150-CDN) but lately it's been making me crazy with toner droplets and lines. No matter what I cleaned or adjusted, I haven't been able to remedy it.

I I was hoping that issue was just a fluke when I decided to try this one. The only big difference I see between the two is that this Brother laser printer is wireless. Otherwise they're basically the same size and design. It's a heavy printer and needs a good amount of space. I have it on top of a short, 2 drawer file cabinet that can support the weight.

My computer automatically started downloading the drivers once it saw it on the network. Printing quality is also a little better. I print clear color labels and it had a nice saturation and was also more crisp than the older model. It was intuitive with the duplex printing and so far I've had no problems. Keeping my fingers crossed for a well behaved, long lasting printer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20