Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for BlagoSucks > Reviews

Browse

BlagoSucks' Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BlagoSucks "ReadAllAboutIt" RSS Feed (Springfield, Illinois)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition -Xbox 360
Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition -Xbox 360
Offered by Insane Web Deals
Price: $46.46
18 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game. Great voice overs, action, humor, and movie style cinematics., February 13, 2013
I highly recommend this game for both Alien and non-Alien fans. From the very beginning, the game feels like a sequel to the 1986 film. Every attention to fine details have been made to make this game look and feel like the player is in the middle of the firefights on LV 426. The graphics are great, sometimes so much is happening on screen that the game lags here and there... Not horrible, but noticeable. I played this game's campaign on co-op with my cousin, and that is where the game really shines!!! Multiplayer co-op play is excellent and can have up to 4 players. Best yet, bonus content will include new campaigns, maps, multiplayer styles (such as survivor) and other great stuff. I was using Ripley's handmade flamethrower pulse rife grenade death machine gun last night and it ROCKED!!!

The voice overs include Michael Biehn (Hicks) and Lance Hendrickson (Bishop). Great sound effects captured from the film as well as stunning landscape environments. Hopefully gearbox will patch some of the small glitches that occur n the game, but like I stated, there is a ton of stuff happening on the screen at once. Buy this game... You will not regret it... mostly...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2013 8:51 AM PST

Alien Vault: The Definitive Story of the Making of the Film
Alien Vault: The Definitive Story of the Making of the Film
by Ian Nathan
31 used & new from $19.89

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I knew everything about the Alien movie...., October 21, 2011
I have been a long time Alien fan, so this book was an exciting treat when I pre-ordered it. I own just about every book written about the Alien franchise in my library. I cannot stress how well made this "vault" is. The thick slipcover provides more than enough protection for the book and "extra" materials inside. Once opened, the reader will see just how beautiful the photos accompanied by the authors text explore the creative nature of the film. Words simply cannot do justice for the quality of the book. This is not a rehash of old information - it contains some never before written stories from the actors and film makers regarding the "on-the-set", pre-production and filming of Alien. The colorful insights and dialog are captured by the author's ability to explain how the close nit crew of the Nostromo grew together. For example, who would think that Ian Holm (Ash) invited Sigourney Weaver (Ripley) to his home in the UK during shooting since she was away from family and firends for such a long time. Holm recognized her feelings of isolation (added by the tension of the set) and Signourney was treated like part of the family by Holm's relatives (family dinners, etc...), only to turn around and act as hated enemies in the film. Something that Sigourney felt was very difficult to do for the young actress, and she pulled it off amazingly.

I won't disclose the bonus vault "extras" as it is better to be left as a surprise since they are inserted into sleaves throughout the book... but they are amazing.

If you are a fan of the film (or even not), this vault is a real treat for the eyes and something you won't be able to put down once you start reading it.

TomTom XXL 540M 5-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator (Lifetime Maps Edition) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
5 used & new from $90.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken hard drive after using it once, December 18, 2010
I've owned three GPS units from three different companies. This one has to be one of the worst I have used. After using this GPS for less than and hour drive time, the map froze and would not render any additional information. I contacted Tom Tom customer support and followed their instructions during the course of 4 seperate phone calls. Approximate 6 hours later, after all the diagnostics failed to fix the device, I was instructed to return the device for a "refurbished" replacement since a certain percentage of Tom Tom's fail because of shotty hard drives installed by the manufacturer. Unbelieveable!

I am waiting for the replacement after sending it into the company via UPS. I received an email from Tom Tom technical support that they have received the unit, however, I have not received the replacement device. Needless to say, I will never buy a Tom Tom device again. There is abosultely no reason a new device should have a failed hard drive and I really can't believe that they only have a 30 day warranty. While mine is covered under the thirty day warranty, it makes me wonder how many failures they don't cover due to manufacturing defects. I advice is stay away from Tom Tom.

Y: The Last Man, Book 3, Deluxe Edition
Y: The Last Man, Book 3, Deluxe Edition
Price: $24.57
78 used & new from $14.15

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST GRAPHIC NOVEL EVER!!!!!, October 22, 2010
I try to read just about every graphic novel out there... but this series sets the bar above so much higher than the rest! First off, the story is incredible... a world dominated by females simply because there are no males left alive, except one. To put this simply, the world is falling apart at the seems, and factions of women are fighting each other for power and control. There are parts of this book that will literally leave the reader (at least it did for me) with their jaw down... it has images that feels like a machine pressed stamped it in your head). All of the human elements of humor, romance, mystery, violence, death, destruction, power, greed, and compassion are brought forth brilliantly.

Put simply, I loved this book and had no real intention of classifying it as one of the best until after I read it!!! I simply couldn't get enough of this series, so I purchased the next one immediately and continued my journey in the lonely existance of thinking, what would it be like to be the last guy left in a world that has gone completely nuts!!! GREAT BOOK and a MUST HAVE in any graphic novel collection!

I seriously hope this gets made into a film someday because its story of humanity should resonate through every living person.

Y: The Last Man, Book 2, Deluxe Edition

Y: The Last Man, Book 1, Deluxe Edition
Price: $22.57
110 used & new from $10.20

5.0 out of 5 stars This Graphic Novel is the BEST!!!!!, October 22, 2010
I try to read just about every graphic novel out there... but this series sets the bar above so much higher than the rest! First off, the story is incredible... a world dominated by females simply because there are no males left alive, except one. To put this simply, the world is falling apart at the seems, and factions of women are fighting each other for power and control. There are parts of this book that will literally leave the reader (at least it did for me) with their jaw down... (particularly when a dump truck overturns and the bodies of dead men are flung out on the street... it is an image that feels like a machine pressed stamped it in your head). All of the human elements of humor, romance, mystery, violence, death, destruction, power, greed, and compassion are brought forth brilliantly.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2010 3:45 PM PST

Star Wars: The Complete Vader
Star Wars: The Complete Vader
by Ryder Windham
18 used & new from $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the "Most Impressive" Star Wars Books Ever, October 22, 2010
Who will ever forget the first time they saw Darth Vader. Having grown up in the 70's as a child, Star Wars was the ultimate movie experience, and Vader was the ultimate villain. I was lucky enough to pre-order this book and receive the slipcased version of this hardcover masterpiece!!!

Once you get a hand on this book its almost impossible to put it down... the pictures that illustrate the souns are fantastic and the binding for such a large book is impressive!!! If you love Star Wars, you will love this book!

This hardcover book is full of interesting facts and information on this hated enemy of the Rebel alliance. This is a must have collectable and rare find of a book!!! If you can afford a copy, snag one of these! You won't regret it!!!!

Y the Last Man: v. 3
Y the Last Man: v. 3

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST GRAPHIC NOVEL EVER!!!!!, October 22, 2010
This review is from: Y the Last Man: v. 3 (Hardcover)

Halo Reach - Legendary Edition
Halo Reach - Legendary Edition
Offered by CaveGamers
Price: $199.99
34 used & new from $48.95

5.0 out of 5 stars REACH FOR THIS!!!!!!!, October 22, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
To buy Halo Reach is a must for any XBOX 360 owner, but this collector's edition is really AWESOME! The sculpted masterpiece inside is really a work of art in itself!!! Simply put, if you are a Halo fan (and who isn't), you will not be disappointed in spending the extra $$$ on this edition! The box it comes in is HUGE... and the statue was much bigger than I thought it would be!!!

Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps
Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps
by Geoff Johns
41 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Comic Series from DC!!!!, October 22, 2010
Finally in a hardcover format... This comic series is awesome!!! Even if you are not a Green Lantern fan, buy this book!!! The story will pull you in and the art is fantastic!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3