Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Linda in Nevada > Reviews

Browse

Linda in Nevada's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Linda in Nevada RSS Feed (Northern Nevada, USA)

Elvira Madigan
Elvira Madigan
DVD ~ Pia Degermark
9 used & new from $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A lesson about fantasy and reality, July 1, 2006
This review is from: Elvira Madigan (DVD)
I saw this film once, in 1967 when it first came out, and I've never forgotten it. I was 21 years old, engaged, and totally enamored with love. The lovers were beautifully filmed, and their love was gloriously portrayed. But then reality intruded. Both the beauty of their love and the tragic ending have stayed with me - running through the grass chasing butterflies does not pay the bills or fill your growling belly; having a realistic plan for your life does that. It does not matter if you are gorgeous and madly in love, you can't avoid needing to work, face responsibility, and survive. I can't say that I always took the film's message to heart, but in the 40 years hence I have nonetheless reminded myself of it many times over. My 1967 love didn't last - reality intervened - but my second has lasted for 35 years. We mainly strool through the grass now, but we evolved from chasing butterflies by basing our love on its reality as well as its fantasy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2012 9:18 PM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nature's Miracle with power sprayer, June 17, 2006
We've been using the power sprayer through three 1.5 gallon jugs of the stuff and have found it better than any previous delivery method for any stain and odor remover. We have not found it to be particularly fragile, although moderate caution may be necessary since the hose is quite small. However, I haven't always been that careful and have had no problems. Perhaps the previous reviewer receieved a sprayer with a damaged hose.

The product also works very well -- we believe better than any other product we've used on cat urine.