Profile for Jonathan E. Martin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jonathan E. Martin "exvaxman" RSS Feed (Milwaukee)

Page: 1 | 2
August MB300 Mini Wooden MP3 Stereo System and FM Clock Radio, with Card Reader, USB Port & AUX Jack (3.5mm Audio In), 2 x 3W Powerful Hi-Fi Speakers and Built-in Rechargeable Battery
Offered by Daffodil US
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars, great unit, January 12, 2014
I put a 32gb data disk with comedy files into this unit, using it to go to sleep. It is great.
The radio options have not been tried. But for a great MP3 player with sound you cannot do better.

Rescue FTD-BB24 Disposable Fly Trap, Pack of 1
Rescue FTD-BB24 Disposable Fly Trap, Pack of 1
Price: $6.58
32 used & new from $3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Dear Gosh does this work, September 28, 2013
During the warm months I like to set up an outside office/kitchen where I do all of my work and cooking. For some reason, this year the flies were awful. It was so bad I gave up and was working inside until I bought one of these. NO FLIES after three days, it has been out for over a month and still killing them. The smell is not bad from 30 feet away. I cannot say enough good things about it.

Sous Vide Supreme Demi Water Oven, Black, SVD-00101
Sous Vide Supreme Demi Water Oven, Black, SVD-00101
Price: $328.95
16 used & new from $199.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Just awesome, May 21, 2011
Since we have purchased this we pretty much have used it daily.

A couple of years from now when the price comes down I expect to see something like this in every house that has a microwave or a slow cooker.

Vacuum sealers that are required are available cheaply - I picked up a decent unit on closeout at Walmart for $20.
The vegetables done with this are awesome. The steaks we have done and then processed with a torch are some of the best I have ever had
Infused veggies are awesome - I have a kid who is not a veggie fan. With infused flavors he loves them now.

While not in the instructions, getting vacuum sealed frozen foods from Trader Joe's and dropping them into this unit as you go to work when you know things are tight for time when you get home is a great option.

My father was the person that everyone can blame for the popularity of the microwave oven (long story) I cannot forgive him for that. But this unit and others like it bring back convenient great tasting meals at little effort.

A few folks have tasted a difference in the meats that I do in this when first processed through a vacuum tumbler before sealing them in bags and dropping them into this unit. To go all out, get a jaccard three tine meat tenderizer (I found a new one for $15 after getting one at the commercial show years ago for %50). A decent vacuum tumbler used to be available in manual for $50, now an electric may run $100 for a low end.

For meats/fish, a torch is required. I use either a Green Egg when hosting a party out doors, or a cheap torch from the hardware store.

Only issue is when doing things that require a lot of liquid - you have to watch your sealer unless you get a professional model.

If you are an early adopter - this is awesome.
Five years from now I expect to see these things at the same price as a crock pot is today.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2012 6:45 PM PDT

Hasbro MY3D Viewer for iPod touch and iPhone Black
Hasbro MY3D Viewer for iPod touch and iPhone Black
Offered by Kiddie Collection, Inc.
Price: $6.65
75 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for other 3D things, May 21, 2011
As stated elsewhere, the centerline is a little off. However, I use this as a viewer for my pictures taken with a Fuji W3 3d camera, movies taken with a Sony 3D Bloggie, and have converted many 2D movies to 3D using cheap software (not perfect, but getting there).

A great and cheap toy if you enjoy playing with 3D.

Hasbro missed a beat by not providing links to things like MPO file converters, converting movies other sources to MP4 for the viewer, etc.

A next release I would really like to see for a premium a variable focal length for those of us who wear glasses. Works with my glasses, just that there are several video headsets with this as a built in feature. Considering this is a simple plastic device, that addition should not cost much.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2011 8:50 PM PDT

Sony Bloggie 3D Camera (Black)
Sony Bloggie 3D Camera (Black)
3 used & new from $159.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty - 3d output can be seen on iphone with a cheap adapter, May 20, 2011
I just got this and was playing with it. The output can be put onto an iphone/ipod touch with the Hasbro my3D adapter.
Much better than the screen Sony has built into it.

You need a software package to split the MPO stills into side-by-side images (do a simple google search) but those can be displayed as well.
If you are looking for 3d stills, I would suggest the fuji W3. Double the price, but a great 3d camera. If you are looking for something quick and dirty, the Sony is decent for the price, outside of the awful built in display.

Classic Model / All Purpose Pocket Radar Gun
Classic Model / All Purpose Pocket Radar Gun
Price: $199.99
18 used & new from $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome little unit, May 23, 2010
When this arrived in the mail I put the batteries in and started walking to the local park to try it out. On the way there I came across a police car doing speed checks on the access road. We ran checks between his laser unit and this one - all readings were either dead on or only 1MPH difference. Just what I was looking for.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2010 8:14 AM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, November 18, 2009
I could not get the wifi to work on several different routers, no support, no email back from the manufacturer,
only a three hour battery life. Save the cash and purchase something else.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaked like a sieve, May 5, 2008
Didn't even hold water - leaked out the back as if something was never tightened. Never even got a chance to use it. It is going straight back.

Eastman Outdoors 38229 Reveo MariVac Food Tumbler (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive - look at alternatives, September 3, 2007
Having had a couple of the first home marinating units (Minute Marinizer) and a few years ago having a discussion at the local butcher's over the advantages of tumbling units, I bought the much less expensive AGS countertop marinizer. It has deeper vanes on the inside for tumbling, and is a manual unit. It was just as well built. I was given a reveo for helping out a friend. Both seem to do the same job - but the AGS cost me $70 each. Thane also has a manual unit that I saw on TV for $60. It works, but there are cheaper alternatives. In any case - I can't live without a tumbling unit now for meats. I still keep the Minute Marinizer (non-tumbling) for softer fish that seem to sometimes come apart in the tumbler.

Miracle-Gro AeroGarden 7-Pod Indoor Garden with Gourmet Herb Seed Kit, Black
Miracle-Gro AeroGarden 7-Pod Indoor Garden with Gourmet Herb Seed Kit, Black
Price: $141.26
20 used & new from $61.60

3.0 out of 5 stars One lemon, one working, June 10, 2007
Well, I have two - one at work and one at my father's. The one at work is in my cube and not a day goes by when people don;t comment on how well the (herbs, peppers, salad) are going. No trouble with bugs on the aerogarden, had some on other plants in the office taken care of with bug spray. When I thinned out the peppers I planted the excess in pots - while I am harvesting peppers now from the aerogarden, the pepper plants in pots are only a couple of inches high and a long way away from harvest.

However - the one at my father's died during the second planting.

Built my own for *much* less - Pump $10, Hoses $2, hydroponic media $3, nutrients $20 (but enough for many cycles), base was a used aquarium, and I custom cut a top for it. Lighting provided by a couple of all spectrum flourscents @$6 each with a longer life than the ones provided by Aerogarden in a $10 shop light kit lined with foil. Doesn't look as nice but works just as well and you can watch the roots.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2014 6:13 PM PST