Profile for L. Winkler > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Winkler RSS Feed

The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story
The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story
by Gloria Houston
Price: $14.89
39 used & new from $4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, September 5, 2006
This book is the very best Christmas story book I own (and I own a lot). My little girls ask me to read this over and over and I find it a joy to read it every time. We ALWAYS cry. The kids can feel the love of a mother for her child and the magic of Christmas miracles as we read. We learn that miracles happen because of the love we give to one another. I grew up in the Appalachian mountains and the illustrations make me absoultely homesick, they are breathtaking! I received this book as a gift from my mother and have also given this as gifts which are always very well received. You won't be disappointed wtih this one.

Great Kids' Rooms: Decorating Ideas for Their Years at Home
Great Kids' Rooms: Decorating Ideas for Their Years at Home
by Carol Scheffler
40 used & new from $0.14

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so great kid's rooms, December 29, 2005
Some of the rooms in this book are just plain yucky. There are some okay ideas for projects, but many of them are not ones I would use in a child's room. If you are looking for practical ideas on getting started, choosing a color scheme or theme, tying the room together, etc. this book isn't very helpful. You can draw from the rooms pictured, but many of them are not attractive at all. There were a couple of rooms I did really like, but no helpful information about how the look was achieved. I would not recommend this book at all only because there are so many that are fifty times better out there!