Profile for Lauren > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 76

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lauren RSS Feed (NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars We love our Echo and use it every day, June 19, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
We've had an Amazon Echo for 3 months, and we use it every day. Our Echo is in the kitchen, and has a range of about 15 feet. (Beyond that distance, we have to speak very loudly, and it usually won't understand our requests.) I love being able to spontaneously listen to music, especially since Amazon Prime includes such a vast library of songs. The local weather forecast, timer, alarm, and shopping list are all very useful.

Pros:
-Compact, attractive design
-Good speaker quality
-Convenience
-Amazon constantly improves the Echo and adds new features

Cons
-The voice recognition system can be frustrating. It often misunderstands our commands. Sometimes I have to manually activate features on the Echo app.
-You can upload only 250 of you own songs to Amazon for free. If you want to upload more songs, there is a fee.

Hanes Women's 10 Pack Crew Sock, Black, 9-11(Shoe 5-9)
Hanes Women's 10 Pack Crew Sock, Black, 9-11(Shoe 5-9)
Price: $10.47
11 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm and comfortable, but run small, December 31, 2014
These are classic athletic socks.

Pros:
Warm
Nicely cushioned
Comfortable toe seam

Cons:
Small
Terry lining is not soft
Loose elastic strings

These socks shrank a lot in the first wash, despite being washed in cold water and machine dried on delicate. They are snug on my size 6 feet. I also wish that they were soft on the inside. They are good socks, but could use some improvements.

London Fog Little Girl's Puffer Coat with Scarf-49, Aqua, 5/6
London Fog Little Girl's Puffer Coat with Scarf-49, Aqua, 5/6

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizes run small, December 14, 2014
I ordered the aqua coat for my daughter in a size 5/6. The coat looked very nice, but it was too small. My daughter is thin, and her size 4 OshKosh puffy coat still fits her well, but she said that this coat was too tight in the arms. Also, the sleeves were barely longer than her size 4 coat. I would say that the 5/6 fit more like a size 4 Slim.

The coat did arrive with a matching scarf, as shown in the photo.

Chaco Women's Torland Bulloo Sneakers
Chaco Women's Torland Bulloo Sneakers
Price: $69.90 - $79.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Chacos for cooler weather!, December 10, 2014
I fell in love with Chacos because their wonderful footbed helps relieve my knee pain. The arches are very high and supportive. I prefer the Chaco sandals, but the Torland Bulloo shoes are the most comfortable Chacos that I have found for cooler weather.

Unlike the Chaco sandals, these shoes have removable padded insoles. They have the same great arch support and comfortable fit. I've tried other Chaco shoes that rubbed my ankle bone, but these are cut lower at the ankle and don't rub at all. The lacing system is similar to a climbing shoe, so it's easy to adjust to the shape of your foot. The sizing is the same as the Chaco sandals. I usually wear a 6 or 6 1/2, and size 6 Chacos fit perfectly.

These shoes are a little bulky, similar to an athletic shoe. They're not the cutest shoes out there, but they aren't unattractive.

B. Pop-Arty Beads
B. Pop-Arty Beads
Price: $19.99
29 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun toy with lasting play value, October 30, 2014
This review is from: B. Pop-Arty Beads (Toy)
I gave these beads to my daughter after her third birthday, and they were a favorite of hers for several months. At 3 years old, my daughter sometimes needed our help when connecting the beads. An older child should be able to snap them together independently.

There are plenty of beads for a few people to play together. The beads are sturdy. After several months of play it looks like some of them are about to break, but none have broken yet.

I expect that the beads will last several years, and I think that my daughter will continue to enjoy them. They would be a great gift for a 5 or 6 year old, or for a younger child with assistance.

Hot Wheels Haul And Race Rig
Hot Wheels Haul And Race Rig
5 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for storing and racing cars! Easy to use., January 3, 2014
This review is from: Hot Wheels Haul And Race Rig (Toy)
The Haul and Race Rig is a great addition to a Hot Wheels collection! It has four levels and can store around 24 cars. My daughter puts her big trucks on the top level and her cars on the middle two levels. The lowest level can fit most cars, but it also works really well for motorcycles.

The top level of the trailer tilts up, and you can use it to race two vehicles at a time. There are places to attach additional track, but we launch the cars directly onto the floor. The release mechanism is simple for my 3-year old and works well.

The Haul and Race Rig is mostly plastic, but it's sturdy and it rolls well. The truck can be detached from the trailer. When attached, the trailer can be locked in place, or set to fully pivot from side to side.

OK To Wake! Owl With Night-Light & Music, Nap Timer
OK To Wake! Owl With Night-Light & Music, Nap Timer
Price: $24.66
16 used & new from $23.50

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3-year-old loves her owl, and we get more sleep!, December 29, 2013
I bought this owl because my 3-year-old was getting up too early every morning. It has worked very well for us! She immediately loved her new owl, and carried it everywhere for a few days. It has been a month now, and every morning she waits until the owl tells her to get up. I think that she likes the extra night light, too.

We have other toys with similar functions (the Cloud b Lady Bug and a Leapfrog Violet), but the "OK to wake" timer is a brilliant addition! The internal digital clock was very easy to set.

There's not a lot of padding in the owl, so it's not super-cuddly, but my daughter doesn't seem to mind. Another potential problem is that it has a short window for waking (it seems to be an hour). After that window, it says to go back to sleep again. It hasn't been a problem for us, but I wish that it waited a few hours.

Schylling Ambi  Trumpet
Schylling Ambi Trumpet

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and simple instrument for young children, December 28, 2013
This review is from: Schylling Ambi Trumpet (Toy)
I have a collection of simple instruments for my young toddler and preschooler, and this Ambi Trumpet is a great addition. The Ambi Trumpet is plastic, but it feels very sturdy. It makes a quacking sound, similar to a kazoo or a party horn. It's easy to play and both of my children love it.

Clarks Women's Whistle Ballad Boot,Black Leather,6.5 M US
Clarks Women's Whistle Ballad Boot,Black Leather,6.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and cute!, December 4, 2013
The Whistle Ballad boots are very cute and comfortable. I was concerned about the wrinkled leather, but the texture looks good in person. It makes the shoes look broken-in.

These boots fit true to size, similar to my other Clarks (except the Clarks Desert boots, which run big). I love them with rolled up skinny jeans. They're warm enough for mild winter weather. The rubber soles are slightly textured, but not enough for me to trust them on ice.

These are great boots! I'm very happy with them.

Crocs 11372 Shayna Slingback Sandal (Toddler/Little Kid),Neon Magenta,9 M US Toddler

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and easy to put on. The sizing does run big., December 3, 2013
These Shayna sandals are adorable, especially compared to other Crocs. They're easy to put on for quick trips outside and they're easy to clean if they get muddy. My daughter trips and falls in them more than usual, so I would not recommend them for running.

We've now owned three pairs of Shayna sandals. They get dirty over time, but they show very little wear. For what they are, the quality is very good.

These shoes run almost a full size too big. If your child is between sizes, then I would recommend sizing down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8