Profile for Terry L McCormick > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Terry L McCormick RSS Feed (Arkansas)

Page: 1 | 2
GoPro Tripod Mounts
GoPro Tripod Mounts
Price: $6.99
28 used & new from $6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, February 22, 2015
This review is from: GoPro Tripod Mounts (Electronics)
Simple and does the job. Should be included with all GoPros, but...

Smatree® SmaCase G160 - Medium Gopro Case for Gopro Hero 4/3+/3/2/1 and Accessories ( 8.6" x6.7" x2.7") - Travel & Household Case with Excellent Cut EVA Foam Interior - Perfect Protection for Gopro Camera-Black&Red
Offered by Kumu World
Price: $21.99
5 used & new from $20.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-made and classy looking small case, February 22, 2015
A great little case for the GoPro and accessories. Stores my two spare batteries, the camera inside its plastic case, both back doors and more. I have about half the room still left for the floatie and other accessories. Very well made and much more solid than one would think from the photos.

New Balance Men's MW577 Leather Hook/Loop Walking Shoe,Black,11.5 4E US
New Balance Men's MW577 Leather Hook/Loop Walking Shoe,Black,11.5 4E US
Price: $67.98
3 used & new from $67.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and padding and NO laces!, January 21, 2015
I need a wide shoe, as age and weight have conspired to flatten my feet some. This shoe works well for walking and general wear and has the added advantage of not needing to tie shoelaces. I have worn the tan version for quite some time and ordered the white and black pairs in the same size. Both new pairs fit exactly like the tan. All the shoes look good. The tan pair, which I have used for everything, have held up well. I suspect the new ones will too.
BTW, I ordered a half-size larger (length) than I normally use. I got the 4E width and it is comfy and a little loose once broken in, but better than too tight.

Canon RC-1 Wireless Remote Control for Select DSLR Cameras
Canon RC-1 Wireless Remote Control for Select DSLR Cameras
5 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little triggering unit, January 21, 2015
Compact, light, and works as advertised. Biggest problem is keeping track of it. I leave it in a pocket of my camera bag. The unit does have built-in plastic "belt loops" for attaching it to a strap. The working part then detaches easily for use, allowing you to snap it back in when done. I've used it for group images that I'm in out to about 15' in daylight where it worked well. BE ADVISED: the unit must be directed toward the front of the camera for the IR sensor to see its signal. You cannot fire the camera from behind, at least on my Canon T2i.

Canon Remote Switch RS60 E3
Canon Remote Switch RS60 E3
Price: $19.00
74 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stops camera shake when firing, January 21, 2015
Use mainly for triggering my DSLR for long exposures. Plugs into the side of the camera and is instantly ready. Shutter button has a locking mechanism to allow long manual exposure times. Cord is thin and flexible and just the right length. I assume you could add a long extension to it for remote triggering if needed (not included).

UFOs in Pennsylvania: Encounters with Extraterrestrials in the Keystone State
UFOs in Pennsylvania: Encounters with Extraterrestrials in the Keystone State
by Patty A. Wilson
Price: $10.76
22 used & new from $4.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent anthology, August 20, 2013
This was a fascinating look at some of the more unusual cases of UFO sightings in PA. Having lived in PA for my first 50+ years, AND having witnessed UFOs there on three separate occasions, I was interested to see how similar the compiled sightings were to my own. There were in fact some unique similarities between my own and certain described cases.

The book is an easy read and seems to be faithful to the original news reporting on the events. Some events seemed a bit silly, and that is why I gave only 4 stars, as I know there are other more interesting events that were not included. Still, if you have an interest in UFOs, and especially if you have lived - or know someone who does live - in PA, you will find it entertaining, if not enlightening.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, July 13, 2013
Order came very quickly.

I refrigerated the package to prolong its life as suggested and only took out a packet whenever I needed one. The Sugru itself is very simple to work and form. Just open a packet, knead, shape, apply and you're done. It applies easily and "hardens" within a few hours. I say hardens, but if you form a thin structure as I did to make a carry loop attached to a travel mug, it holds its shape but still remains somewhat pliable.

The various colors made it easy to select one to match your usage and all colors worked the same.

Sugru has good holding power. I used three small beads to stick a flat disk to a rough surface in my truck that then allowed me to mount a suction cup holder for my rather heavy Galaxy S4 smartphone. It has not loosened since I did so and the phone on the long, flexible neck of the mount stays right where I need it.

Sugru is one of those rare materials that allow you to dream up uses for it. I used some to prototype a small invention I've come up with (and my idea works!).

One cautions: if you have small kids around, it would be smart to keep it away from them. It looks and feels like "Play Dough" when fresh out of the packet.

Let me end by saying, if you are a tinkerer, you owe yourself some Sugru.

Dyson DC14 and DC07 Switch Assembly Vacuum cleaner replacement part / spare
Dyson DC14 and DC07 Switch Assembly Vacuum cleaner replacement part / spare
Offered by Our Pampered Home
Price: $24.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Switch turns me on..., July 13, 2013
Hard to review something as fundamental as an off/on switch, so I will just say it was identical to the original part, snapped into place easily, and has functioned as it should ever since.
I will add that the supplier was quite fast getting this to me.

Triggertrap Mobile Dongle 2, MD-E3 for Canon
Triggertrap Mobile Dongle 2, MD-E3 for Canon

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting device; modest learning curve., March 16, 2013
The device and its complementary app serve to control your DSLR (mine's a Canon T2i) shutter and focus via your smartphone. It is simple to hook up, but requires some experimentation to determine how best to make it do what you want.

The lack of a modest set of instructions kept me from rating it a "5", that and the short connection cord.

Setting those things aside, the app and device work well. My shutter was triggered as planned and the countdown feature shown on the camera's LCD screen helped me see what was going on. The phone app needs an alert to show that it is doing something. The phone screen seems oddly passive while working. Thankfully the camera was alive and I could see that it was being controlled.

A couple warnings: Put your phone in 'airplane mode' and turn off any apps that actively do things while the phone is on. Incoming texts etc can disrupt the timing of the device. Also, as I mentioned above, at the bottom of your phone's screen will be two small buttons marked: shutter & focus. make sure these are in the 'on' position even if you want to control both shutterspeed and focusing manually. Having them on will not make them control these two things if you are in manual mode on the camera, but having them off means that it won't do what you want it to do. (Remember? Experimentation?)

Beyond all this, the TriggerTrap is rather unique and very versatile. i
If you are a gadget junkie like me, you will love it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 10:15 AM PDT

Canon EOS Rebel T2i DSLR Camera (Body Only) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Canon EOS Rebel T2i DSLR Camera (Body Only) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
30 used & new from $289.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Photo ready and tough as nails, January 6, 2013
I bought the T2i with the 17mm-85mm zoom instead of the kit lens, which I had read was on the 'soft' side. The pair-up I chose makes a superb one lens package for any aspiring photog, ranging as it does from a nice 17mm (27mm film equivalent) wide-angle to a decent portrait level telly at 85mm (136mm film equivalent).
My T2i has worked flawlessly, and it is rugged too. I've managed to drop mine onto concrete a couple of times and it has not been damaged nor has it failed to work afterwards! I can't tell you how many old 35mm film cameras I've lost doing the very same thing.
I recommend sitting down with the camera and the manual one evening and reading through and trying things as you read. Doing so will give you a good overview of its capabilities and make it less likely you will end up defaulting to the full-on auto program mode which will severely limit you as a creative photog, not to mention how much money you will have wasted on a topnotch DSLR that you are only using like a point & shoot.
Also, be sure to use the movie mode occasionally. You will be pleasantly surprised at the quality.
Now, since the introduction of the T3i and T4i, prices on the T2i couldn't be better. It's a great way to get started.

Page: 1 | 2