Profile for J. Chambers > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Chambers RSS Feed (Georgia, United States)
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
TINY TRIM ball tipped small pet grooming scissor 4.5 inch 4.5" EAR NOSE FACE PAW - Cat Dog Pet in Blue
Offered by SCAREDY CUT
Price: $10.95
4 used & new from $5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Some very well designed pet grooming scissors, April 17, 2015
Length:: 0:41 Mins

One of the dog groomers at PetSmart recommended these scissors for grooming our little Yorkie. My wife and I have been using them with a small electric trimmer for grooming her, using the scissors mostly around her face, tail, and paws. The scissors cut cleanly without pulling, and we really appreciate the rounded ends. The little rubber tip on the inside of one of the handles is a small detail, but it makes the scissors easier to use, and they're quieter too.

All-in-all, some well designed pet grooming scissors.

FYI, we paid $12.59 for the scissors at the local PetSmart store.

Conair Palm Pro Micro Pet Trimmer
Conair Palm Pro Micro Pet Trimmer
Offered by L&L Quality Merchandise
Price: $39.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for light trimming, April 17, 2015
Length:: 0:45 Mins

When grooming our Yorkie, we use some old electric clippers (formerly used for my own haircuts) for the main clipping, then we switch to the Conair trimmer for the finer details. After using it a few times, our dog has become very tolerant of the trimmer, which doesn't make much noise. Keep in mind that this is a small device with a trimmer head only 1" wide, so it's not intended for heavy clipping, just light trimming.

We're very pleased with the Conair trimmer.

FYI, we paid $19.99 for the trimmer at the local PetSmart store.

High Accuracy Mini Electronic Digital Pocket Scale Jewelry Weighing Balance Portable 500g/0.1g Counting Function Blue LCD g/tl/oz/ct
Offered by InnoLife
Price: $7.89
2 used & new from $7.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Very portable and very accurate, April 16, 2015
Length:: 5:47 Mins

At 4.7"x2.4"x0.8", the InnoLife scale is indeed pocket-sized, but even at that size, it has a lot of versatility in what you can weigh with it, and it's as accurate as other small scales that I've used. The scale also has a counting function, a feature that I've only seen in one other scale that I've used.

Using a set of certified weights, I checked the InnoLife's accuracy, and I found the scale to be accurate even at very small weights. The smallest weight I used was 100 mg (0.10 gram), and the largest was 500 grams (0.50 gram). Note that at very small weights (100 mg and 200 mg), the scale did not always register. The smallest weight that consistently registered was 300 mg (about 1/100th of an ounce). However, in my opinion, if you need to accurately weigh objects that are less than about 100 mg, you really need a laboratory scale, which is much more expensive than the InnoLife scale.

For loose items that must be weighed in a container, the tare function is indispensable. I checked the scale's tare function with a small glass bowl that we use for measuring ingredients for cooking, and it worked perfectly.

The InnoLife has an innovative counting feature for counting the number of objects that are all of equal weight. In testing this feature, I used gem clips, and the results were correct, showing the exact number of gem clips that I placed on the scale. For objects that might roll off the scale, use the tare function first with a container such as a small bowl, then drop the objects into the container.

The InnoLife pocket scale is an excellent little scale for weighing objects from as light as about 300 mg (1/100th ounce) up to just over a pound. It's simple to use and it's accurate enough for virtually any household needs.

The pocket scale was provided to me for evaluation. I did not promise to post a review, but I stated that if I did review the product, it would be an honest, unbiased review.

The Mark of Pain (Kindle Single)
The Mark of Pain (Kindle Single)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars "He who saves a single soul saves the world entire", April 16, 2015
Nicknamed "Lucky" for his ability to survive in the trenches of Flanders, Adam Hope was a man haunted by his memories of the Great War. While trading cheap whiskey for timber in the former French colony that is now called Gabon, Hope had a chance encounter with Albert Schweitzer, the famed medical missionary. In an incident very reminiscent of the 1950s film "The Naked Jungle," millions of army ants were sweeping across the landscape, destroying everything in their path. The only chance for the survival of Schweitzer's mission village and its hospital lay in an untried plan proposed by Hope. If the plan worked, would Hope find redemption for a wartime incident that still haunted him in his nightly dreams?

The author has painted a vivid picture of life in the steaming hot jungles of equatorial Africa. It's also a brief but intriguing glimpse into the life of Albert Schweitzer and his work.

I read the book for free with my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

Dalstrong Infinity Blade - Professional 8" Ceramic Chef Knife - 5 Piece Gift Set - Black Mirror Finish , Sheath, Sharpener
Offered by Dalstrong
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent blade for slicing and chopping, April 15, 2015
Length:: 3:05 Mins

This is my first experience with a ceramic knife, but after using it for more than a week, I've become a believer in the strength and sharpness of the ceramic blade. My wife and I have used the Infinity Blade for slicing and chopping, and it's proven to be well suited for both tasks. The blade is nicely balanced with the top of the handle in line with the top of the blade. I measured the blade length as 8", and the comfortable-to-hold handle at 5".

As an engineer, I was interested in the composition of the ceramic blade. On Dalstrong's website, I learned that the blade is made of zirconium oxide, a crystalline derivative of the mineral baddeleyite, which after the manufacturing process produces a blade claimed to be near diamond hardness.

Based on our limited use so far, I think the blade will hold an edge very well, but when it does need sharpening, the knife set includes a two-sided sharpener that's simple enough to use. The Dalstrong website has a "How to" video on using the sharpener.

This is an impressive knife that's going to get a lot of use in our kitchen.

The Infinity Blade knife was provided to me for evaluation. I did not promise to post a review, but I stated that if I did review the product, it would be an honest, unbiased review.

Bracoo Thermal Therapy Belt(with 6 Inch Ice Hot Bag) - For Joint and Muscle
Bracoo Thermal Therapy Belt(with 6 Inch Ice Hot Bag) - For Joint and Muscle
Offered by Comfytopia
Price: $15.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Two thumbs up for effectiveness, comfort, and ease of use, April 14, 2015
Length:: 1:22 Mins

I've used Bracoo muscle and joint therapy products before, and they've been consistently helpful, so I was happy to try the thermal therapy belt. Both my wife and I have used the belt on our knees, and we'll give it two thumbs up for effectiveness, comfort, and ease of use. The belt is appropriate for other joints and muscles, but for both of us, our knees are in most need of this kind of therapy.

My wife prefers cold therapy, while I like warm therapy, but either way, we filled the water bag about 2/3 full of water. You can do that before inserting the bag into the opening in the belt, or you can fill it after inserting it. The bag then mushes out enough to cover a large part of the knee area. The water bag's cap screws into the bag's collar and has a large rubber ring to seal it, and we didn't observe any leakage.

In my opinion, the thermal therapy belt is a very viable alternative to the gel-pack belts that have been around for many years.

The therapy belt was provided to me for evaluation. I did not promise to post a review, but I stated that if I did review the product, it would be an honest, unbiased review.

Merci European Chocolates, 7 Ounce
Merci European Chocolates, 7 Ounce
Offered by TÖTÄL RECÄLL, Shipped freshly from Germany
Price: $7.67
3 used & new from $7.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Absurdly good chocolates, April 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm embarrassed to say how long the Merci chocolates lasted around my wife and me. In a couple of hours, they were all gone - the milk chocolates to my wife, and the dark chocolates to me. (And half the chocolates are milk chocolate, half are dark chocolate.) The milk chocolates have the rich creaminess that characterizes fine milk chocolates, and the semisweet dark chocolates were perfect to my taste.

The 7-ounce sampler is a very nice introduction to Merci chocolates.

No Good Deed (Kindle Single)
No Good Deed (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars No good deed goes unpunished, April 13, 2015
Most of us have probably taken care of a neighbor's pets while the people were away from home. After all, it's the neighborly thing to do, right? Unfortunately for Richard Lennon, the Mason's cat Gentian chose that time to pass away, and for no apparent reason. The cat's death wasn't his fault, so why did the Masons act so coolly toward Richard and his family after they returned home?

"No Good Deed" is a fun short read about a family living in a London suburb that's undergoing gentrification. Their formerly quirky neighborhood was not as much fun now that the richer folks were moving in.

I'm not one to drop a spoiler, but the cover art has a special significance to the story. And that's all I'm saying about that.

I read the book for free with my Kindle Unlimited subscription.

Mudder® Vintage Chain Brass Mechanical Movement Pocket Watch for Men and Women
Mudder® Vintage Chain Brass Mechanical Movement Pocket Watch for Men and Women
Offered by Mudder Online US
Price: $22.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic looking old pocket watch, April 13, 2015
Length:: 2:22 Mins

I've seen old photographs of me as a kid in the 1950s, and in some of them you can see a watch pocket above my right front pants pocket. By that era, most people wore wristwatches, but the watch pocket was an enduring holdover from an earlier era. The Mudder vintage look pocket watch brought back some old memories. And it's a fine-looking watch, with an antiqued brass appearance, and a spring-wound mechanism like watches had before battery-powered quartz movements took over.

I've been winding the watch each night for the past four days, and it's been accurate to within a few seconds a day. No spring-wound watch that I ever owned was so accurate that I didn't have to reset it once a week or so, and the Mudder pocket watch is no exception, at least if you're real fussy about accurate time. But it's a great looking watch, and it has a nice heft to it, weighing just over 2 ounces, including the chain. It's pretty authentic looking, and whether it's used as a real timepiece or as a fashion accessory, it's a nice watch to carry around.

The Mudder pocket watch was provided to me for evaluation. I did not promise to post a review, but I stated that if I did review the product, it would be an honest, unbiased review.

Molon Labe 1 oz Copper Round
Molon Labe 1 oz Copper Round
Offered by BGS Supplies
6 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking medallions, April 13, 2015
This review is from: Molon Labe 1 oz Copper Round
The phrase "Molon Labe," which means "come and take them," is a classical expression of defiance. When the Persian armies demanded that the Greeks surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC, King Leonidas I responded with this phrase.

These are fine-looking medallions with sharp rims and smooth fields. I weighed two of them on an accurate scale and found they averaged 1.015 ounces, so the stated weight is an honest one.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30