Profile for TyMo214 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TyMo214 RSS Feed

The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force [Vault Edition]
The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force [Vault Edition]
by Daniel Wallace
Price: $59.99
27 used & new from $35.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool, but over-all disappointing, November 2, 2010
For those of us who find the "Clone Wars" series to be an atrocity this book is a grim reminder of what Star Wars has become. The packaging and presentation of "The Jedi Path" is fantastic, and it is an honor to display it because of this fact alone. The content, however, leaves much to be desired. The comments in the margins are a little elementary for my tastes. One reviewer stated that the comments capture the characters personalities very well, and I suppose that is the problem. The personalities in the "new" Star Wars are so simplified that these comments do capture them perfectly. The fact that Asokha Tano's words are right along side those of Masters Yoda and Kenobi is a bit off putting to me. When I saw her refer to Anakin as "Sky-guy" in the text I had to put the book down and do something else for a while. Anakin's words, of course, come off as petulant and whiney, and further undermine the "Legend" of Anakin Skywalker that I grew up wanting to see and read about.

I don't regret this purchase at all, but I do wish that "The Jedi Path" was a bit more serious in tone and the margin scrawling had been left out or at least limited.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2014 11:19 AM PDT