Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Master Zoen > Reviews

Browse

Master Zoen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Master Zoen RSS Feed (Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ortz PS4 Vertical Stand with Cooling Fan - Controller Charging Station with Dual Charger
Offered by OrtzGamez
Price: $19.95
5 used & new from $12.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Fixes heat issues but it's noisy!, November 15, 2015
Edit: I had to take the unit apart because one of the fans stopped working. This when I found that there were 2 fans and they were only 60 mm in size. This stand uses 2 tiny 60 mm fans fitted under where the PS4 fits spanning only half the width of the stand and makes a ridiculous amount of noise. They should have made the stand a half inch taller and used a larger 120 mm fan to generate more airflow and considerably less noise.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2016 9:27 PM PDT

Brother LC107BK XXL (LC-107) 5 Pack Super High Yield Compatible Black Ink Cartridges MFC-J4310DW MFC-J4410DW MFC-J4510DW MFC-J4610DW MFC-J4710DW
Offered by Laser Tek Services, Inc.
Price: $17.09
2 used & new from $17.09

Otomedius Excellent - Xbox 360
Otomedius Excellent - Xbox 360
Offered by Insane Web Deals
Price: $9.00
49 used & new from $3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars This game is almost golden, but it's really just Pyrite., July 5, 2015
Overall: 3
Graphics: 3
Controls: 5
Sound: 3
Extras: 1

I bought this for the simple reason that I like scrolling shooters, ever since I was a child at the Arcades, and have specifically enjoyed the "Manic Shooter" games over the years. I've played the big names of R-Type and Gradius, and have also played and own many others, from multiple sequel releases like Contra, Raiden, Dodonpachi, Touhou Project and Metal Slug, to those that are unique releases or only have a single sequel like Einhander, Gunstar Heroes, Space Harrier, Ikaruga, Tyrian, Sin and Punishment, and Deathsmiles. I've played enough of these games to have a good reference of what makes them great, and what should be better.

This game says right on the box that it was inspired by the Gradius series, but that's not quite accurate. This is a game series that is actually a parody of Gradius, just like Parodius, a previous parody series that was also produced by Konami. This is somewhat obvious by the ship design and the fact that all the pilots you can play are members of the St. Gradius Academy. The game certainly does have that daunting feeling I've found in the Gradius games of being a tiny ship trying to take down an enemy space fleet. For those who've never played these types of games, try to picture your self in a canoe with mines limiting your maneuverability to a tight lane that changes shape while avoiding a ship the size of an aircraft carrier surrounded by battleships, destroyers, and other canoes that move in various predetermined paths based on your position. In addition, all of those ships are trying to take you out, and you have to avoid their fire while returning your own and picking up new weapons as the drop from enemy ships you've just destroyed. This is very daunting indeed. However, Otomedius Excellent does not seem to be a game that is as punishing of poor performance as many of the others I've mentioned, at least, not until later in the game, possibly making it more accessible to younger players without the honed eye-hand co-ordination of an adult. Additionally, the game offers you unlimited continues, so young players can just keep trying. Like many games of the shmup genre there is little to no story provided in the game, as often the story is found in comics, books, or even just advertisement campaigns in Japan, when they even bother with a story in the first place. Overall, I found the game to be fun to play for short periods of time, but limited in key ways.

PROS:
The vibrant music fits to the gameplay well, although some may not appreciate the often upbeat tones found during boss fights.

Tight control response ensures that your ship moves where you want, when you want it to.

The unique Gradius style power-up system is present giving a little more strategy in when you use your power-ups.

Excellent ship variety with different weapons availability enhances the fun and replay value of the game.

Great backgrounds and enemy designs with lots of colors catch the eye and look great.

CONS:
The weapon edit system was a little confusing and seemingly unusable at first, since you didn't really have any data in the manual, until I played Score Attack mode which unlocked new weapon cards.

No save between stages, one of the most needed things for shmups. Life is rarely co-operative to video game playtime.

There are different endings for the game based on the pilot you select, whether you defeat or let some bosses flee, and even whether you die.

There is very little localization for the game, as all the characters still exclaim or talk in Japanese, and only the actual game levels have any translation text to read. It would have been nice to have the characters voiced in English.

Enemy fire needs to be more discernable. Sometimes, the enemies fire as they explode and you can't see it through the explosion. Also, enemy fire cannot be seen through your own weapons fire. In later levels, so much is going on screen that you almost can't discern enemy fire moving through other enemy fire, almost ensuring that you'll fly into some.

As many other reviewers pointed out, it is often times hard to tell what is part of the background and what is going to crash your ship. Whether flying through tight spaces or shooting at parts of screen filling bosses, you end up running into things that you just didn't think were in your way. This is the single worst flaw of the game, requiring lots of trial and error, memorization, and repeated plays to figure out. Correcting this will make the next release in the series a great game.

SUMMARY:
For a game that seems to be trying to follow in the footsteps of the Gradius 5, it's still got a long way to go. I haven't played any of the other Otomodius games, however, so I can't say that this is better or worse than them.

Kingston HyperX Savage 8GB 2400MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 DIMM XMP (HX324C11SR/8)
Kingston HyperX Savage 8GB 2400MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 DIMM XMP (HX324C11SR/8)
Offered by Silhouette Goods
Price: $59.38
58 used & new from $52.45

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Incredible stick of RAM, July 5, 2015
I had bought a stick of this RAM back in Jan. to replace 2 4GB sticks that were 1600 MHz, and found it to be exceptional. So, I bought a second to put in my system and run dual-channel. When the stick arrived it was dead, completely un-responsive. Thankfully, I had ordered from Amazon, so I just clicked the "Return/Replace Item" button on the order, listed the problem, and was told another would be shipped to me, free of charge, and to print out a shipping label so that I could send the dead one back. This is proper customer service. No hassle, no arguing, just pure results.

Installing the chip in my system is likely harder than it would be for most people, as I have a huge CPU cooler I have to remove to access the DIMM slots, but once that is out of the way, it's simple enough to put in. With the system back together I simply selected an Intel XMP profile provided by/for the RAM and it works at 2400MHz with timings of 11-13-14-32.

It's great RAM, and seems to be extremely fast. Showing some vids of gameplay to one of my friends, he was astonished out how fast loot containers were opening, one of the things effected by RAM speed. I haven't tried stressing it, and won't, as that's not the purpose of the system it's installed in. It's not the fastest DDR3 RAM out there, and it's not DDR4, but it's very fast for the price!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Energy efficient and no heat, but you may want a brighter bulb., September 14, 2014
My bedroom's ceiling fan has 3 spot light styled lamps and came with a 30-watt Halogen G9 bulb in each. I'm not sure what Harbor Breeze was thinking, because Halogen bulbs go directly against the concept of a ceiling fan: Cooling! Let me tell you, those little bulbs raised the temperature of the room by 5 degrees within an hour and @ 12 degrees after 6-8 hours. That's simply unacceptable to me. So I went looking for some LED bulbs, stumbled upon these and snapped up 3 of them. Now, the temperature does not seem to increase through use of the lights for any length of time. I should note, that these are only a fourth as bright as the halogens were, maybe only a fifth. That doesn't bother me, because a bedroom should be a place for relaxing and I have a 30-watt incandescent lamp at my desk for reading which is about twice as bright as these bulbs. However, you might not like how dim the light is from this bulb.

Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Guff Original
Price: $79.19
48 used & new from $32.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than Vonage!, September 14, 2014
We live in a funky area where the Local Telephone companies were charging us Long Distance rates to call someone just 10 miles away. They were in the same area code! So we went to Vonage, and we were very pleased. After buying a box for $100 we set up the account and chose a new phone number. We paid the same amount each month, around $40, but now could call anyone we wanted, from our friends down the road, to those 30 miles away, to our relatives 6 states away. We kept our 911 service and even had voice mail, caller ID and call waiting for no extra charge! It was great, but... Times are tough, we've got to tighten our belts and save where we can. So, I looked to Ooma for more savings, and I'm very, very pleased! The box was $160, about twice what Vonage now charges for theirs, but here in Texas, we pay less than $5 a month for Ooma phone service! We still have 911, voice mail, caller ID and call waiting. We can still call all the same people we were able to with Vonage, and we were able to keep the same phone number! Frankly, this is just better, because it's cheaper. It's been 5 months and we've saved @$175 since switching. The Ooma box has basically paid for itself through savings over Vonage. I feel like I should be saying, "Get yours, Today!"

[DISCONTINUED] Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7TE120BW)
23 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I used to have a 25 minute wait for my ..., September 14, 2014
I used to have a 25 minute wait for my PC to finish loading drivers and programs when I turned my computer on, because the HDD I was using at the time was a high capacity drive rated at 5400 rpm. Now, after installing this as my OS drive, my system is fully loaded in @30 seconds. That is what I call an upgrade!

Incidentally, my Windows 7 Experience Index rating of the previous HDD was a 5.3. The new drive is a 7.4!

UNITEK Multi-in-1 USB 3.0 3-Port Hub and Micro SD Card Reader+OTG Adapter for Macbook Microsoft Surface Ultrabooks Laptops Tablet PCs with USB Port, OTG Smartphone
Offered by Ocean Technology LLC
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $13.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 14, 2014
Works great with my tablets, my PC, with both my flash USB drives and data cards.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2014 11:15 PM PST

Sabrent 12000mAh High Capacity External Backup Battery Charger Power Bank Charger with Dual USB Port (PB-W120)
Offered by Store4PC
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Try another brand., September 14, 2014
The device was faulty. After charging it overnight it displayed lights as being full capacity. Upon attaching my Nexus 7, the device provided current for about 5 seconds, then nothing. Attempting to charge it overnight resulted in nothing happening, no change in capacity, no change when attached to a device. The device continued to display lights indicating it was at full capacity. Faulty device, and from the number of poor reviews here, the product line itself may be faulty. Try another brand.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2015 5:04 PM PST

Samsung Micro USB Travel Wall Charger
Samsung Micro USB Travel Wall Charger
Offered by PNE Enterprises, Inc.
Price: $8.56
10 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic Charger and Cable from Techno Discounters, September 14, 2014
According to Samsung, this item, ETA-U90JBEGXAR, includes a Data USB to Micro USB Cable. I bought this from Techno Discounters, and it is an authentic Samsung OEM AC wall-plug adapter and cable. Exactly like the one from Samsung. I'm very happy with this item and this seller.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2014 10:46 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3