Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now Learn more
Profile for EnCroix > Reviews

EnCroix's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

EnCroix RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to Pierce Brother's Ears, December 28, 2012
These are incredibly sharp and work wonderfully. The back might not be the side you want to get an earring through, but this is the 16g size, and yes, it is accurate. I used 16g earrings after piercing with this, and it was the perfect size. Amazing value for the quality of the product. They ship quickly and are individually packaged and sterilized.

The Sims 3 Seasons [Mac Download]
The Sims 3 Seasons [Mac Download]
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed, November 13, 2012
As everyone else is saying, the Mac download DOESN'T WORK ON MAC. You can't freaking run Origin on a Mac. I spent $40 to preorder a game I can't even play? Screw that, I going to demand a refund.

Never mind!
I asked amazon for a refund, firstly, thinking they wouldn't get their shit together in time - they responded quickly, and at such a weird hour. I think 3 am my time? They refunded me, knowing that they had messed up. I checked back later to see that they really had fixed the issue in less than 12 hours, so I purchased it again and now my download works properly.

14k Yellow Gold Ball Stud Earrings
14k Yellow Gold Ball Stud Earrings
Price: $17.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems nice so far, July 11, 2012
I got these as a gift for my mother. They are extremely pretty and have nice color, and seem pretty stable and solid. If anything happens I suppose I'll adjust my review accordingly.

14k Yellow Gold 5mm Round-Shaped Created Ruby Stud Earrings
14k Yellow Gold 5mm Round-Shaped Created Ruby Stud Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, July 11, 2012
I got the ruby earrings as a gift for my mother for her birthday, because that's her birthstone and she can only wear 14k gold or higher. These are perfect! She loved them and they have a very nice color and shine. The stone is pretty wide and light shines through it. Very happy, great value.

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks Fast - Never Worked Right, June 17, 2012
This is really similar to the apple product, I guess it's a refurbished cord. But it never worked right from the moment I got it. You have to jiggle it (I've spent up to 30 minutes doing so until it worked.)
It's really frustrating and not worth the trouble. It seems like you can save money with this product, but, you really can't. It'll break fast.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Crap ~, June 17, 2012
These chargers break after about 30 days of use and are not real apple chargers. I figured I'd save money buying 3rd party, but they don't work at all. You're better off buying the real Apple replacement charger for 80$.

Ys Seven - Sony PSP
Ys Seven - Sony PSP
Price: $19.99
44 used & new from $7.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Much More Fun than I was Expecting, June 4, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ys Seven - Sony PSP (Video Game)
I had never played a Ys game before, and I decided to give this a shot because a friend recommended it to me, and I'm so glad they did. (I just bought some older Ys games to try them out.)

From a purely objective point of view, as I was not a fan of this series because of nostalgia, I have to say this game is one of the best RPGs you could own for your PSP.

* Waiting times are extremely reasonable, almost non-existant. I never noticed them.

* I adoreeee the controls. A lot of RPGs with this battle system have button mashing controls, and they can be awkward, but Ys 7 managed to plan them out -almost- perfectly.

* The camera is perfect, it focuses exactly where you need it to and doesn't leave you wondering where you just turned, like some games I've played. (IE: crisis core)

* The battle system is fun and addictive once you get used to it.

* There are side quests to add a bit more interest to the game, which often have rewards great enough for you to go out of your way. In addition, there are some optional bosses.

* The "synthesis" system rewards you for collecting materials to make better weapons and armor. While you can just make it through the game straight out buying your weapons and armor, you will need the synthesis system to gain everyone's final weapons.

* You can perfect skills and unleash them once you have a set amount of SP, which is lovely, because simply hacking and slashing gets old pretty fast.

* The visuals are stunning for a PSP game. It's all in third dimension, lush, and gorgeous. I was constantly impressed by the quality.

* Despite being the 7th (linear) game in the Ys series, you can easily understand this game without knowing anything about it's predecessors. There are only a few subtle hints back to previous Ys games.

* The music is very appropriate and fun to listen to, and it has a nice fantasy feel to it. I never got annoyed with it, and I sometimes do dislike repetitive music. Ys 7 did a good job at being pleasing to the ears.

* The varying difficulty levels are Easy, Normal, Hard, and Nightmare. I beat the game on normal my first try, so normal really is the standard. It has a difficulty level for everyone.

* The battle learning curve took me a while to get used to, because I simply wasn't used to active time battles (it's much harder than Crisis Core's live battle system). I think I had to retry 5 times before I beat the first boss.

* The plot, while pretty heartwarming and melodramatic, is not extremely deep. It's a basic adventure plot, with a little bit of character development and a lot of likable characters, but none of them leave that much of a mark on you. However, it is not annoyingly shallow and this shouldn't deter you from buying the game. (This is coming from someone who's played a lot of badly executed games just for the plot.)

* My one gripe about the controls is "flash guard", which requires you to hold L and R buttons at the same time - but you sometimes end up releasing a special attack when you didn't mean to. It can be frustrating until you master the timing.

* No voice acting? I don't really consider this a "con" since I'm still used to old style RPGs where you read things in whatever voice you wanted and made the game your own. I don't think it's that big of a deal, really.

* One final, trivial complaint - I spent SO much time collecting soul stones because I wanted everyone's final weapons. It seriously takes an extra 4/5 hours to grind and collect enough stones.

My favorite part about this game is undoubtedly the battle system. It gave me a decent challenge and my fingers didn't cramp up horribly after long playing sessions. If you have a PSP and you enjoy action RPGs with a fantasy feel, pick this one up.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - Sony PSP
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - Sony PSP
Price: $59.89
25 used & new from $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A new spin on a favorite. Worth the time., August 4, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was so excited when I heard that Persona 3 would be available on the PSP. I don't have very much time off to play consoles at home, but I have a lot of down time while I'm away. And so, I use my PSP quite a bit.

Let's start with the major pros and cons of the updates:

* It's very easy to get from area to area. The square button now transports you to different areas inside a building. No more running down the stairs and out the door just to get to the town map from the school. This feature was brought over from Persona 4.

*Female MC gets stylish new music tracks.

*They fixed the battle system. You can now give direct commands to your teammates instead of hoping that they do something useful. Again, brought over from Persona 4.

*You can now start from the floor you left off from in Tarturus. Yes, you no longer have to use the transporter to get back to the floor you were at.

*New social links for the Female MC.

*SPOILER WARNING: Do not read this part if you don't want to know a plot point!
If you max out the social link with Shinji before he's shot, he won't die. He'll simply go into a coma until the end of the game.

*Instead of "The Answer" there's now a Vision Quest. You fight all the full moon shadows at a harder mode.

*New outfits for the characters. Butler suits for the guys, Santa outfits for the girls.

*You can copy skill cards by giving them to the spirit in the shrine. This is very convenient - however, it takes 5 in-game days to copy a card.

*Optional velvet room assistant has been added - Theodore. That said, you can still choose Elizabeth if you want to, even if you're playing the girl's path. I love them both, but I'm not a fan of Theo's voice actor.

*All major characters have voice actors - and you'll hear it during plot points. It's really quite nice.
My favorite voice actor is Junpei, because he adds such humor and personality into his acting. I personally dislike some of the voice actors, but that's because of a personal preference - they all do a great job.

*Manic and beginner modes have been added. Manic is seriously manic, and you will not want to use this mode unless you're a veteran.

*This is the PSP, not the PS2. It doesn't have the exact same capabilities. Thus, you no longer use the 3D MC to run around. You use a glowing curser to move around and interact.
Because of this, the game looses the "body language" that P3 and P3 FES had. Now this isn't terrible, and isn't a reason to skip it. If you've played through P3, you know what would've happened, and you can basically imagine what would've happened. I don't find it horrible, but I do think they might've been able to shove it into some of the "lesser" cutscenes. All plot events and social links are now in "visual novel" format, which I was rather disappointed by.

*Similarly, all the anime cutscenes are now gone. They're either replaced by pictures that only have the camera move, or the graphics of the characters in Tarturus acting out the scene.
The impact and darkness of the scene is lost because of this. If you're curious and haven't played Persona 3, I suggest you look up the videos on youtube, but only if you've already reached that point in the game.

*"The Answer" isn't in the game. You should buy Persona 3 FES if you want to know what happens.

Wrap up:

If you're new to the game, I have to say, you should probably play Persona 3 FES first. (FES contains "The Journey" and "The Answer") It's not hard to play through if you're on easy mode. The first game captures the mood and the real feel of Persona 3 most effectively.

That said, this is a great game, and a nice addition to the Persona 3 compilation. However, it can lack substance in major plot areas, that you just can't get without playing the original.

However, if you've already played P3, then by all means, buy this game. The alternate plot points and updated battle system promise a wonderful game that will steal hours away from your life.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2010 7:37 AM PDT

Pacific Design Chloe Dao Mobile Technology Handbag Red Stripe
Pacific Design Chloe Dao Mobile Technology Handbag Red Stripe

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and functional., August 4, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I decided to get this bag when I bought my PSP, because it can also hold the DS lite that I already own. (Though I wouldn't recommend both at the same time, it actually does fit, if a bit cramped.)

Anyway, I was worried the bag might look childish. But actaully, it easily passes as a normal purse for a teenager, not just a pre-teen. I'm not embarrassed to be carrying it around with me.

It has handy card slots for my drivers license, debit card, and school ID - and a little pouch that I can keep money in.

The PSP/DS lite fits into a slot in the middle. It's not padded, however, so I was a bit iffy about it. But the outside of the bag is hard and protects what's inside easily, and I can always add just a bit of cloth around the PSP if extra protection is needed.

You could probably fit 3 UMDs in the bag, and a load of DS games. The DS charging cord will fit into the bag at the same time as the DS, but the PSP charging cord is so bulky that it's awkward to try to make it fit. I consider this to be the fault of the charger, not the bag. Regardless, you can still fit it in, you'll just have to rearrange some things and have to deal with a puffed out bag.

Overall, this is a good product if you want to be able to carry your gaming device when you go out, without having to carry a separate case along with your usual purse.

Premium High Quality Sony PSP LCD Screen Protector / Screen Guard, with Application Card and Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful screen protector., July 31, 2010
These screen protectors are perfect for a PSP 2000 or 3000. I was confused on why exactly the price was 1 cent. It really made no sense to me. I basically only paid for shipping.

I guess someone has a lot of these in bulk and just wants to get rid of them.

Either way, it's an excellent product and you quite literally cannot get a better price, unless you find a lower shipping cost.

If you're looking for something to save your PSP screen from scratches, these are perfect. Don't bother anywhere else, because this is the best value for your money.

Please note that you can indeed reapply them if you mess up the first time. It's held on with static, and nothing else, so there's nothing sticky left behind if you ever take it off or have to replace it.

Just make sure you read the instructions when you get it, because you might be confused by the applicator cards. Also, make sure you use the little handy cleaning cloth to remove dust and finger prints from the screen itself before you apply.

Page: 1 | 2