Profile for Alain Le Lous > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alain Le Lous "ALLred" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295 GSM Factory Unlocked Phone International Version Urban Grey
Offered by Top10Cell
Price: $395.98
12 used & new from $199.90

5.0 out of 5 stars superb smartphone!, October 27, 2013
This is a great phone, yes sometimes it gets slow but all in all its great and performs great! I play Real Racing 3 and it performs fantastic, the only issue is when I got some apps opened in background, those slows it but it's normal, just be sure there are no more than 4 apps opened when playing this kind of games.
So most of the time it performs fast and smooth.

I really like the camera even if it has less pixels than the S4. It's very good! Take pictures underwater is not the reason why I bought it, but tried as it's water resistant. Went to my friend's house and took some pics of her huge aquarium. The results were amazing! The only issue is that water penetrates where goes the headphones and then if you try to call, the phone gets confused and thinks there are headphones plugged in; so you cannot talk properly. In my case, I were able to listen to the other person well but when talking that person were not able to listen to me. So the best thing to do is to wait for about 5 hours or more to talk properly (Resolved this by using the speaker).
I found that this is normal concerning this device so it's ok.

Battery life is ok, not great but it handles the day. If you want it to last the entire day, then don't play games,don't connect to wi/fi and do not download too much things.

The sound is great and the screen is amazing, just when you are in outdoors it gets too dark and it gets difficult to look at the screen. Mostly when it's sunny or too lighted but it's ok, not big deal.

Add that it comes with the "torch light". A gadget to use the led at the back to illuminate in the dark. I found that helpful.

I like this phone and I recommend it.
No problems to me going into the humid woods of Costa Rica as it's water resistant. That's why it suits me great!
I bought a good case protector and now I'm confident that I can carry it anywhere.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295 Unlocked International Version No Warranty Urban Grey
Offered by 24hrs Deals
Price: $519.99
9 used & new from $372.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone!, October 27, 2013
So most of the time it performs fast and smooth.

I found that this is normal concerning this device so it's ok.

I like this phone and I recommend it.

Skinomi® TechSkin - Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Screen Protector Premium HD Clear Film with Lifetime Replacement Warranty / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield - Retail Packaging
Offered by Skinomi
Price: $11.95
2 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best screen protector!!!, October 8, 2013
I first purchased one Skinomi protector for a Lumia 920 phone and it fitted perfectly! The screen of that Lumia still loocking very good as it was installed!
Now for my phone, the S4 Active, this is just what I needed! easy to install, looks great! (I did a better job as well installing it) Don't have to worry about the liquid as it resist water, I recommend Skinomi for anyone who care about his/her cell phone.

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider
Offered by Buttons Triggers & D-Pads
Price: $29.99
112 used & new from $13.57

5.0 out of 5 stars 4,5 stars out 5, Great game!!!, April 15, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tomb Raider (Video Game)
I bought this product and never before played any Tomb Raider.

By the way I played the 3 Uncharted games that I really liked; for me this is better than Uncharted 2 and 3 that are top games.
And something I did not liked about Uncharted is that with Drake you feel vulnerable, that you can be killed at any moment (that's good for puzzles and progressing in the game but not when you are in fights) I like to feel that I'm invincible. Then with Lara I feel I'm bad ass and I'm invincible, like happens when you use Solid Snake or Big Boss in MGS games.

Well, this is one of my favorite games, It's undoubtedly one of the best games I played for the PS3 console.

The story was great, the moves, scenes, and how bad ass is Lara... Had a lot of fun playing it, really liked the way you customize the weapons; I found it's like to take the best of Uncharted, Hitman and Batman and put those thing in one game! Eidos and Crystal Dynamics really did a great job in there.
Another thing I liked is that in some parts of the game you choose the approach: if you want to go stealth or Rambo's way.
Add that the AI is not static, they are not in one point or in one part, they use their own way to do their job. So enemies will move and try to surprise you to kill you.

The only complain I have is concerning some characters, that you don't connect with the crew of Lara or Lara's friend. The only characters I get into are Roth and Sam. The rest are rubbish! You just don't care about them. Even if you have to save them, you are just like: why!!!!???? I don't want to!!! I just want to get out of this island and kill enemies and have fun!!!!

*little spoiler* : Thankfully villians are good characters and Mathias is a great character, what to say about The Sun Queen and "The Shadows".

Finally, I found the last part of the game epic!!!! it's fantastic! this is greatness!

I did not spent to much on multiplayer but had fun in it, there is a lot to customize in there, but it feels kind of the same every time.
I played more hours online and yes, It's kind of boring, I'll just do the necessary to get the platinum trophy.

All in all I note this game 4,5 stars.

Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III
Price: $15.50
330 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Assassin's Creed., November 3, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassin's Creed III (Video Game)
As everybody talked about the game, I'll focus more on multiplier.

As previous AC, you can check your last results,

First I kind of liked the story line, You will find there what did you unclocked concerning abstergo videos and files. There are 46 files supposed to be confidential to unlock and 12 videos that will show what abstergo are doing to promote themselves or something liket that. Then you can check your progress in game progression by looking to your rank, comparing with people in the world and friends.

I really liked the new online menu, before it was kind a disorder, now is much more easier to go around and customize, view game modes, choosing sessions etc... really liked that. Much more friendly.

As previous games, you are able to change your templars assassin's clothes, weapons, Abilities etc... use them to confuse other people and take advantage in the art of assassin your target and/or stun your pursuer.

You can upgrade sets to your abilities like disguise, bombs, knives, perks and get bonus for streaks in streaks. You'll see crafting abilities too, but I'm not able to use them yet, so I don't know really about what's about.
You can edit characters so there are much more things like tattoo's, more weapons than previous games, more clothes etc... each character has plenty of customization to unlock and upgrades, I found that great!

Another think I really liked is that you can edit your player profile with patron pictures to choose, more you play and more level you reach, more pictures you will unlock.
Then you can edit your emblem, I liked that and there is a lot to choose from and a lot to unlock as well. Notice that you choose your emblem colors as well. I really liked that, the problem here is dicide wich one to pick.

the social part of the game is great too. You are able to compare your highest score with friends and see where they beatted you in each online game mode. if you played NFS games, it's kind of an autolog. But there are rewards too. There is an amount of points to reach between all friends in each game mode. That's based between the max points you earned in a game session. per example in wanted it tells me to reach 8500 for reward. Nobody of my friends, me neither played at wanted. If someone plays and get 4000 points. that means that if I play and I reach the 4750 we get a reward as we beat the 8500 points. The same goes in manhunt, simple deathmatch, deathmatch, assassinate, artifact assault and domination(don't know what it is, will update when play at it).

The gameplay is super fluid, if you liked to play online in AC Revelations, then you'll love this game concerning online! a lot of more customization, rewards etc... I loved the different scenarios.
This is one of the best online games I ever played! love it!

AC III single player:
The game is great, did not had glishes at the moment, but grafism disapointed me.
In high sea, the water is greatly done, loved it. But when arrived to Boston, I realize that grafism did not changed. It's still the same as AC II, Brotherhood and Revelations. nature effects are the ones mostly changed.
Thanksfully, the other games had great grafism, so it's ok, but Ubisoft should have done better as PS3 can do better than that.
And concerning all the rest, its great! battle movements, weapons, AI etc... (All said in other reviews) ...This game is amazing!

No way to put less than 5 stars!

sorry concerning my english.

Sony VAIO E Series SVE1511MFXS 15.5-Inch Laptop (Aluminum Silver)
Sony VAIO E Series SVE1511MFXS 15.5-Inch Laptop (Aluminum Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Laptop!!!, July 9, 2012
I preordered it and came before the time expected, so that's great!

Well, the design is exactly as the picture, maybe better when you see it in front of you.
Love the keyboard, looks amazing and works perfect. I just had to customize the touchpad a little bit, but that's about how you feel with it. Well, this touchpad is great! love the way you slide your finger in it, very comfortable.
Update: Looks amazing, just add that the only metal parts are the cover of the display and where the keyboard is installed. All the rest is made in great quality plastic.

Now, concerning the laptop: it's pretty fast as you notice 8gb of RAM and 3rd gen processor i7, I feel a huge difference comparing it with my 2008 PC core 2 duo 3.5ghz and 3 gb ram. So as a college student, it cover all my needs and it will work perfect for my statistic, data base works and keep documentation etc.

Sometimes I like to play, so that's why a own a PS3. This is not a gaming laptop but I tried to see how it run some of my old PC games. So it runs GTA San Andreas perfectly and NFS Undercover in regular grafics. FIFA 09 works in regular graphics as well. Well I'm able to connect with my ps3 and use my keyboard laptop to write in it or to play remotely, you can even connect to your BRAVIA if you have one (I don't).
So all in all, the Intel HD 4000 graphic card works fantastic for an integrated card. Also concerning movies and programs, it generates 3D graphics, the only problem is that I don't have 3D Devices.

Now concerning the devices, all 3 USB ports worked well (did not tried the USB 3.0 as I don't have device for that port), SD cards too and it worked just as I expected with my HDTV by HDMI cable. the DVD/RW also worked fine. The design is just great, everything in the laptop seems to be in the right place for comfort.
Update: A con I noticed is the sound. I thought it will be a major improvement with X-loud. In fact I did not liked how it is. My brother has an HP laptop that sounds similar as this one; but it's like 1 & a half year older! After seen some new HP laptops and notice that the sound were very clear, I thought SONY to be a contender in this department, but not. So don't expect too much about the sound. (It deserve 4,5 stars because of that). [hope it concern's only mine]

in normal use, there's no noise at all! To hear something you need to run a game or a powerfull program or have lot's of programs running at the same time.
Update: add there's no overheat at all by the moment.

Now, concerning most of sony programs that comes with, all seems ok, but there is just a little complain. to install them, you will be noticed about t and c every time and I did not liked that, every time is asking for personal info etc... I understand SONY wants to protect copyright but it's kind of too much.

The camera works well, my computer show it's a 2.0 megapixels HD cam. For some programs like media gallery, you can change pictures by using your hand, the cam follow the movment of your hand and it works amazing. It's kind of funny as well. I hope there's a way to be able to do that in powerpoint or prezi. Will see.

The battery life is ok, it say 5,5 hours, it took me about 3,5 hours, but maybe it depends on how you use it. Since it were full, I did not turn it off at any moment. And running games and trying other things, I think it's ok. With normal use it will take those 5,5 hours it say.
Update: In regular use it took me about 4,5 hours.

I think it's a great pourchase for the prize, good quality laptop, all in all I'm very happy with my pourchase. I will update if there are issues, other good things to add or whatever.

Just in case sorry about my english.

Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition, PS3
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition, PS3
Price: $13.20
132 used & new from $9.50

4.0 out of 5 stars GOTY!!!!!, July 2, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Well this is a great game! Loved Arkham Azylum GOTY and now took this one!

Well I just should have wait a little more to get it for less, but it's a great add to my collection, I were playing Uncharted 2 and 3 weeks before get this. Now I'm playing this every time I can. Love the game as it is. Well, concerning the catwoman DLC, yes loved to play as catwoman, diferent moves mean more challenging... By the way as other reviewers say, it doesn't add to the story. Really liked to play as Robin. I will update my review after finish the game and play some challenges.

You can get an own experience by downloading the game demo. Batman moves are incredible! Much more enhanced than Arkham Asylum.

Update: Concerning the DLC's I got some troubles as I were getting platinum in uncharted both 2 and 3, I stopped playing Batman Arkham City for about one week. I came back to it and it appears me that my save data is corrupt. Well I went to internet to solve it and as I did not wanted to delete all my progress, the solution been delete the saved game in game data utility. So I installed it again and worked fine, there are people saying that you can solve that by copying the saved game from saved data utility to a USB devise and then delete your progress and copy/paste from your USB (did not worked to me).

A game like that GOTY must be fixed AND DO NOT PRESENT SUCH OF THOSE PROBLEMS. All in all it's a great game but because of that issue I rate it with four stars.

Sorry concerning my english.

Concerning the cover, Both Arkham Asylum GOTY and Arkham City GOTY covers are full of things, well I don't care; but if you want, you can enhance it by taking the one that comes inside the game as a cover to your bundle (it's not thick at all).

Turbowolf
Turbowolf
Price: $18.02
21 used & new from $9.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Band!, June 29, 2012
This review is from: Turbowolf (Audio CD)
Wow!!! Great album!

I like all the songs exept TW1 (It takes 1:59 minutes and to me it appears to be nothing). There is another song like that, but I like it: it's "K-J".

We can generalize and say it's hard rock music but it contains element of rock & roll, heavy metal, punk rock and electronica(Psychedelia). I love that! this group appeared to me just amazing. I listened first "A Rose for The Crows" by playing SSX. I really liked that song, so I went to Internet to listen a few more, like "Ancient Snake", "Let's Die" and "read & Write".

Then looked for info about the band and I decided to buy the album. Now I'm listening at it every time I can, added it to my PS3, cellphone and other devices.

well at the end it's all about likes. If you really liked those 3 songs I mentioned, it's a must buy. Just let you know that it can take about 20 days to come to US as the sellers are from UK. The album I received is made in cardboard (I don't know if there are copies coming in plastic bundle).

This is the store where I got it: OxfordshireEngland ... Shipped in time and well packaged. That store has 5 stars rating.

To me, It Really worth it.

Pulp Fiction [Blu-ray]
Pulp Fiction [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ John Travolta
Price: $9.82
116 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarantino's best movie!, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Pulp Fiction [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I really liked this movie! I can see it over and over again and I always laught.
Well I'm not a good movie reviewer, but this one is by far the best Tarantino's movie.
There are so many reasons that make this movie a masterpeace that I can't tell them all as I don't want to write a 4 page review.

So I resume all in this: I'm sorry if there are famous that already said that, but I like this def. A picture is a masterpeace because you can see it over and over again and there is always something that appear to be new, fresh, you don't get tired in front of it as you always can be looking at details that makes it unique. The same happens in music with Mozart or Bach etc...

You see this movie over and over again and there is always something new that you show or notice about it. I think this movie can pass generation over generation and always will cause an effect to it's public. Maybe we can show things that even Tarantino never got in mind as the creator of this masterpeace.

just in case: Sorry about my english

Jackie Brown [Blu-ray]
Jackie Brown [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Pam Grier
Offered by kylakins
Price: $7.79
53 used & new from $4.40

4.0 out of 5 stars good movie, April 16, 2012
This review is from: Jackie Brown [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Better than I thought and better than my friends told me it was. I liked the scenario, the playing roles, you get totally immersed from the begining to the end. It's not Tarantino's best movie but it's a must have to your collection.

Page: 1 | 2