Profile for Matthew Rice > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew Rice RSS Feed (South Bend, IN)

Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4630 Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer with Scanner and Copier
Price: $149.99
62 used & new from $74.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a printer that just works, November 23, 2014
I have always hated printers with a passion because they have been notoriously difficult to set up, bundled with flaky drivers, and guzzle ink faster than a Suburban guzzles gas. Well, I'm glad to say that this printer solves all of those problems. It just works. Setup was super simple and my computer had no trouble recognizing the printer instantly. It connected to my home network without any hiccups. The ink cartridges are quite large and reasonable priced. The only gripe I have with this printer is that the Epson print app is pretty outdated and could use a refresh, but it still works most of the time.

Altec Lansing VS2621 2.1 Channel Speaker System
Altec Lansing VS2621 2.1 Channel Speaker System
Offered by GENEL
Price: $81.99
7 used & new from $60.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Great, Inexpensive Pair of Speakers [EDIT] -Just kidding, November 28, 2011
I picked up a pair of these speakers this Black Friday for an incredible $20. I had owned a pair of Altec Lansing VS2620 Speakers and was impressed enough to purchase these speakers without my usual extensive research. They might not be the most stylish speakers around but they do sound great. The tone knob is more or less a treble control (although not explicitly stated). The bass is not the most powerful I have ever heard but for this price, it can't be beat. One rather annoying thing (minus 1 star) is that the output from the sub to the right speaker is non-conventional so that it is impossible (as far as i know) to extend. Why didn't they just use a standard 3.5mm jack? Also, The right speaker has 3 cords coming out of it which creates a tangle a wires. Besides these minor complaints, these speakers are perfect for the price.

[EDIT} Quality is not Altec's thing. The left tweeter has died. I opened up the speak and replaced the wiring and soldering but to no avail. Save yourself the hassle and buy a different pair.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Canon Rebel XS DSLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black) (OLD MODEL)
56 used & new from $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera, July 18, 2011
I purchased this camera a little over a year ago and I still love it! If you are still shooting with a point and shoot and need faster shudder speeds,this would be a good product to consider. The battery life last about 450 shots or so which is more than enough for my purposes. The construction is very good, however I do not really care for the plastic grip. Although the display is small, I still enjoy using it. When using Live view, I sometimes find it hard to focus because detail on the small screen is hard to see. As a beginner in DSLR photography, I was intimidated by this big camera. At first I mainly stuck with auto mode and occasionally ventured into program mode. After a month of using this camera I was using Manual mode almost full time. Many reviewers were surprised at the size of the camera. This is NOT a point and shoot camera that you can stuff in your pocket and go!. This is for photo hobbyists who need a quality camera and are will to trade in portability for quality. One gripe that i have is that the flash is not very powerful. However, this can be easily fixed with a external flash (I use the canon 430 EX II and it is great!). Overall i would highly recommend the Canon Rebel XS.

Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $299.00
50 used & new from $198.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Flash, July 18, 2011
I purchased my Speedlite 430 EX II about 6 months ago and I love it! I purchased it because I was not satisfyed with the flash on my Canon Rebel XS. So far I have had no problems with it.

Canon EOS Rebel XS Digital SLR Camera, with EFS 18-55mm IS Lens - Black - Refurbished

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Camera!, July 18, 2011

Corsair 2GB (1x2GB) DDR3 1066 MHz (PC3 8500) Laptop Memory (CM3X2GSD1066)
Corsair 2GB (1x2GB) DDR3 1066 MHz (PC3 8500) Laptop Memory (CM3X2GSD1066)
Price: $24.87
67 used & new from $20.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Solution, July 18, 2011
I installed this on my Acer Aspire One 522 Netbook about a week ago. Since then I have noticed a definite improvement in start-up time and performance during use. For $20, you aren't going to find a better product

Acer Aspire One AO522-BZ465 10.1-Inch HD Netbook (Diamond Black)
Acer Aspire One AO522-BZ465 10.1-Inch HD Netbook (Diamond Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Traveling, July 18, 2011
Pros:
-ADM C-50 ACU is surprisingly fast.
-Multi-Touch Pad
-HDMI Output
-3 USB ports
-6 cell battery (lasts about 7.5 hours of moderate use)
-Extra Large Keys on Keyboard
-Thin

Cons:
-Windows 7 STARTER (I had to upgrade to premium. Just to give you a picture of how limited it is: You cant even change the desktop background) This was probably the biggest con.
-Only 1 gig of ram (I upgraded to 2gb for $20)
-No Bluetooth
-Only one speaker

Summary: I would recommend this Netbook for anyone who does a lot of traveling (as it is very light and thin). Obviously you aren't going to be able to do serious gaming or video editing on this machine but for web surfing or typing a document, this Netbook is an affordable solution.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2011 5:48 PM PDT