Profile for ankashai > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ankashai RSS Feed (Florida, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
How to Train Your Dragon
How to Train Your Dragon
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $5.69

4.0 out of 5 stars The book itself was great, but the formatting on a Kindle Paperwhite is ..., December 6, 2014
The book itself was great, but the formatting on a Kindle Paperwhite is a little dodgy. Perhaps there are simply too many pictures, but you end up with what looks like random blank pages and sentence cut off and then resuming a page or two later.

Sylvania Personal Compact CD Player
Sylvania Personal Compact CD Player
Offered by MDN® USA
Price: $19.19
7 used & new from $16.56

5.0 out of 5 stars but it's no better or worse than anything else out there, December 6, 2014
Works as expected. I'd forgotten how quickly CD players eat through batteries ( makes sure you turn it off all the way between listening sessions, as my students don't always remember to do so ), but it's no better or worse than anything else out there.

Sparco Long Reach Stapler, 20 Sheet Capacity, Standard Staples, Putty/Black (SPR01316)
Offered by Court House Supplies
Price: $9.29
14 used & new from $8.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This seems to do the trick fine., December 6, 2014
I needed something to put together books for my students. This seems to do the trick fine.

Blink Card Game The World's Fastest Game
Blink Card Game The World's Fastest Game
Price: $9.99
15 used & new from $6.69

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll admit -- grownup friends and I have started bringing ..., November 3, 2014
I'll admit -- grownup friends and I have started bringing this to parties to challenge each other. It's a two player game ( though you could probably do more players with kids who move a little slower and less violently :) ) where you simply attempt to discard your hand as quickly as possible by matching color, shape, or number. My first graders were able to ( slowly, carefully ) play against each other with an adult sort of helping out, but with some more practice they'd probably be able to manage independently.

Mini Eraser Assortment (500 Pieces)
Mini Eraser Assortment (500 Pieces)
Offered by Cedar Crate Market
Price: $10.50
11 used & new from $10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars ... dime -- but if that's what you're after they're perfect. A good variety, November 3, 2014
Be warned that these are tiny little erasers -- maybe about the size of a dime -- but if that's what you're after they're perfect. A good variety, bright colors, and my kids seemed confident that they could identify all the shapes.

The Best Sight Word Book Ever!, Grades K - 3: Learn 170 High-Frequency Words and Increase Fluency and Comprehension Skills
by Sherrill B. Flora M.S.
Price: $19.27
23 used & new from $15.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful book of little make-and-take activities for my RTI kids ..., November 3, 2014
Useful book of little make-and-take activities for my RTI kids to practice their sight words. My students enjoy completing them, though it took a couple of runthroughs before they could do them independently. Each book is very-slightly different, which is great for keeping it interesting.

Rhode Island Novelty 144 Plastic Glitter Rings (Assorted Colors and Designs)
Rhode Island Novelty 144 Plastic Glitter Rings (Assorted Colors and Designs)
Price: $5.66
10 used & new from $5.46

4.0 out of 5 stars but my second graders loved them. Emphasis on the word cheap -- mine ..., November 3, 2014
What can I say? They're cheap little rings that would never fit a grownup ( unless you squished it on a pinky finger ), but my second graders loved them. Emphasis on the word cheap -- mine all appeared to be safe, but I don't expect any of them to last longer than a month.

Cable Matters Gold Plated DisplayPort to VGA Cable 6 Feet
Cable Matters Gold Plated DisplayPort to VGA Cable 6 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $16.99
7 used & new from $11.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware-- DP to Male VGA, July 10, 2012
There's nothing actually wrong with this product that I can tell. It came fast, it was the same cable as described, it seems sturdy and I'm sure it will work.

Except... it's a boy.

This is a display port to MALE VGA cable, and if you read the description closely you will discover that. But I incorrectly assumed it would be a female VGA cable -- that is, something I could plug a monitor into. I have no earthly clue what you would use a male VGA cable port for, but if that's what you want, more power to you.

I've ordered a gender-changer for the VGA, and assuming it works for what I'm after ( plugging a second monitor into my computer ), I'll up this to five stars.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2012 10:25 AM PDT

GOgroove Koala Pal High-Powered Portable Speaker System for MP3 Players , Smartphones , Laptops , Desktops , Tablets , and More!
Offered by BuySPRY
Price: $12.99
11 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, With Decent Sound, June 14, 2012
I often listen to music on my smartphone while I'm driving to work, and am constantly looking for a decent portable speaker to use to 'boost' the sound so I can roll my windows down.

This isn't quite it. It does boost the sound of my phone, but only marginally. Which isn't to say that it isn't decently loud ( it is ), just that it isn't 'shake the windows' loud.

But that's pretty much it's only failing. Some have mentioned that the cord is a little short, and it is true that the cord is only 6-8 inches long; but this just means the cord wraps around the speaker ( you can see the little groove for it in the picture ) and snaps into the back. Power switch on the bottom, indicator light on the front, volume dial on the side. It's also super-cute, which is the biggest reason to buy this.

Sally Hansen SALON EFFECTS LIMITED EDITION Winter Collection Winter Funderland
Sally Hansen SALON EFFECTS LIMITED EDITION Winter Collection Winter Funderland
Offered by BeautyJoint
Price: $8.13
4 used & new from $8.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy, and cute, June 14, 2012
Let me start by saying that this isn't my favorite of the Sally Hensen designs. There are about two dozen designs that I've found, ranging from 'normal' to 'funky', and while I have trouble justifying paying the full store price for these.... you can find them so much cheaper here.

Basically, these are little nailpolish stickers that you put on your nails for an instant manicure. Judging by the smell, feel, and look of these, they're actually made of nail polish, but the application is more like a sticker. You open the packet, find the sticker that fits best ( I go from pinky-to-thumb ), peel the sticker off its backing sheet, stick it on your nail, and quickly file off the extra. They last as long as a regular manicure ( a little over a week for me, but I'm mean to my hands ), and people seem to be constantly admiring them. When they start coming off, they actually start to 'chip' like regular nail polish, but I can usually scrape and peel these off once they start to chip -- similar to gel nail polish.

Each pack comes with 16 stickers, and I know some people who can cut the stickers in half and get two applications out of them. I've never been able to, but you're welcome to try!

Find a cool design and try them out!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3