Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more
Profile for W. Williams > Reviews

Browse

W. Williams' Profile

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Williams RSS Feed (Atlanta)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sony DSC-HX60V/B 20.4 MP Digital Camera with 30x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom, 3" LCD (Black)
Price: $299.99
2 used & new from $279.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I thought the battery was bad, so I plugged it into the charger, April 25, 2016
Sony warranty is worthless! I bought this camera and used it for less than 6 months. It just quit working for me. One day after not using it for a few weeks, it wouldn't power on. I thought the battery was dead, so I plugged it into the charger. No response. Charged the battery in a 3rd party charger to make sure. Still no response. I contacted Sony about the warranty. They directed me to a 3rd party camera repair service called Precision Camera. I filled out some paperwork and sent the camera to them with proof of purchase, etc.

A few weeks go by. I check the status online a few times. One time it says it is on hold for parts. Then it shows in process for repair. Next I get a notice from FedEx for a delivery. Yeah (I thought). The camera arrives and I anxiously open the package. I look at the paperwork and it says "Returning Unit Unrepaired." What? Why? I then looked at the camera and I notice that the LCD is all scratched up, the USB cover is missing, and the bottom panel is not fitting tight like it did before. They didn't fix it and they made the cosmetics look 10x worse in the process! WTH? I called them and after some time on the phone, they said it was not repaired because they found some corrosion inside. Huh? What does that mean? I have no idea, but they told me they couldn't repair it due to Sony policy. Warranty VOID due to corrosion. I have no idea how corrosion got in there, because it was never dropped in water, or left in the rain. Nothing spilled on it. The camera was well cared for. I called Sony and the first person I talked to seemed to care and 'escalated it' to the next level of service. I thought OK, someone will work with me to fix my $300 camera that went dead after 6 months. Nope. A couple days later, I received a call from a very rude Sony rep who basically said that there is nothing that can be done due to corrosion.

Stay away from Sony cameras! Apparently, they can just corrode inside even if you take care of them and Sony won't repair them. Worthless camera and worthless company.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2016 1:18 PM PDT

Honeywell Ademco 5834-4 Four-Button Wireless Key Remote
Honeywell Ademco 5834-4 Four-Button Wireless Key Remote
Offered by AnniesSecurity
Price: $22.95
24 used & new from $13.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats the $$ that my company wanted for one, June 3, 2014
We had a complete wireless system installed a couple years ago. It is based on a Honeywell touch pad system. We had the panel installed upstairs near our bedroom so we have always used fobs for entry/exit. My wife was a bit rough with her fob and it stopped working. Took it apart and found the battery holding tabs were broken. I tried to fix it, but it didn't last. Called my alarm company about a replacement, but they wanted close to $100 for the service visit and a new fob. Bought this instead and programmed it into the system myself, which was really easy (as long as you have the installer code for your system). The serial is printed on a sticker on the back side, I just entered that in and saved. The new remote worked perfect and is identical to the original one that my company sold me.

Ortek Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition
Offered by gigacity_amn
Price: $17.95
49 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best deal for an MCE remote, June 3, 2014
Not the nicest quality, and no back light, but it works perfectly with no programming. Plugged in the receiver, went to Media Center and it all worked. No drivers needed, no software needed. I also use a Harmony and found the remote listed as Ortec VRC-1100. No learning required. All the codes were there.

Buffalo LinkStation 421 0 TB 2-Bay for NAS for Home/Home Office (LS421DE)
Buffalo LinkStation 421 0 TB 2-Bay for NAS for Home/Home Office (LS421DE)
Price: Click here to see our price
45 used & new from $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works pretty much as expected, March 7, 2014
Picked this up a few weeks ago. I loaded it with two brand new 3TB drives. I did not have any real issues. I followed the directions that are shown in the quick start guide and I had it functioning in about 15 minutes with 6TB of storage in RAID0.

However, I wanted it to be in RAID1. I wish I would have had the choice to set it up that way in the first place. The only way to make that change is to delete the RAID volume and rebuild it. Unfortunately, it takes a very long time to build the RAID0 array. For 3TB, it took more than 24 hours. In the hopes of speeding things up, I upgraded the firmware, but that just caused it start the array building over again. The time for building the array is a minor quibble though. Otherwise, everything has worked just as expected.
After letting it build for a day, I started to transfer files and for my large video files, it was quite fast. From PC to NAS over GigE, it was a steady 55MB/s according to Windows. For my smaller music files it was more like 35MB/s. For my collection of Documents (files of mostly less than 500kB), it was much slower, along the lines of 15MB/s.

So, it really is a good performer considering its price. The DLNA features work perfectly and my various media players see the files readily. The print server features also works as expected. I have yet to try the torrent client, or itunes features, but I expect they will function as expected.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2014 12:01 PM PDT

SKY LANTERNS 14 Pack - Assorted Colors
SKY LANTERNS 14 Pack - Assorted Colors
Offered by Smart eHome
Price: $11.24
58 used & new from $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly as advertised., July 23, 2013
1st of all, there is no way this is 100% biodegradable. The items we received had metal wire rings around the base forming a cross through the middle. That isn't going to degrade for years and I can see wildlife getting caught in it.
2nd, the fuel source was not already attached. It was in a separate plastic wrapping inside the larger bag. It was actually difficult to get the fuel to stay attached. There were no specific directions on how to attach it, so it was trial and error. Believe me, there were some errors. We had a few fall off before takeoff.

Regarding the fuel, it is very hard to light (30 seconds to 1 minute of constant lighter flame before it will burn on its own) and then it takes more than 3 minutes for the lantern to get hot enough to take off. We had several that crashed because we didn't hold it for long enough. The paper is also very delicate. We had several rip holes even though we took care to unfold. The paper often sticks to itself and no amount of care can prevent it from ripping when you try to unfold.

I think we only had 3 successful launches out of 9 tries. We are saving the other 5 for another time.

Bottom line: I would try another brand next time.

Sony Creative Software Imagination Studio 3 V.3 [Old Version]
Sony Creative Software Imagination Studio 3 V.3 [Old Version]
Offered by TnsDeals
Price: $14.49
22 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal on software that is nearly the same as the current version, May 14, 2013
The software in this is not substantially different from the most current version of the Imagination Studio Suite(Currently 4), but sells at less than half the price!

The versions of DVD Architect Studio (5) and Sound Forge Studio (10) are identical to the current version of Imagination Studio. The difference between V11 and V12 of Movie Studio is minor (added 64-bit compatibility) and the difference between Acid Studio 8 vs 9 is also minimal (higher resolution support and VST automation).

Jr. Astronaut Suit with Embroidered Cap, size 6/8 (orange)
Jr. Astronaut Suit with Embroidered Cap, size 6/8 (orange)
Price: $34.95
19 used & new from $27.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, size may be on the small side though., May 14, 2013
Pretty nice quality. My 6.5 year old, average sized boy just fits in it. I don't think he will be able to fit in it by the fall though. Keep this in mind if buying.

King 1000 Grit Whetstone with Plastic Base
King 1000 Grit Whetstone with Plastic Base
Offered by UJC Mart Japan
Price: $12.33
178 used & new from $7.19

4.0 out of 5 stars An affordable alternative, May 13, 2013
Medium grit stone works as well as some of the more expensive ones. Perhaps it doesn't cut as fast as a shapton or norton, but it builds up a nice mud leaves a pretty refined edge. Of course you could improve with a 4k-6k stone, but many would be happy with the edge this 1k leaves. I sharpened 3 knives in my set in about an hour. My slicer needed quite a bit of metal removed to fix some edge chipping and this stone did the job, although it took 15-20 minutes of work.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product. Genuine Leather, great feel., February 26, 2013
I am very happy with the look/fit/finish of this watch strap. The quality belies the price. Highly recommended. The leather quality and the look of the white stitching makes this look like a band that you might see on a Breitling or similar sport watch. The seller was a little slow on the shipping, but it did actually ship out from a US address rather than a Hong Kong address as indicated in the store page.

BRK Brands 7020B Hardwire Photoelectric Sensor Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup and Escape Light
Price: $22.03
27 used & new from $14.66

2.0 out of 5 stars Beeps without warning, indicates a flaw, February 20, 2013
I wanted a wired unit to communicate with my downstairs alarm. This seemed perfect and has a light for the hallway. However, have received two of these now, and both have exhibit a strange behavior of giving off 3 rapid beeps without warning, at totally random times. Sent back the first one thinking it was defective. The second one started doing the same thing after a few weeks. There is very little information in the manual to help troubleshoot. I am now beyond the return period so I will probably just quit using it and replace it with wireless units like the SA501CN2, which I use in other parts of the house, and they work perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4