Profile for Joy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joy RSS Feed (Texas)

Fly
Fly
Offered by insomniacsonline
Price: $7.03
488 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars "Fly" with the Dixie Chicks, April 10, 2001
This review is from: Fly (Audio CD)
I am the Dixie Chicks' new "Biggest Fan." I finally bought this CD after listening to their songs and loving them. And I can honestly say that the only time I've stopped playing it was when my husband told me that our neighbors might kill us if I played it one more time. The best tracks are "If I Fall..." "Cowboy Take Me Away" "Cold Day in July" "Without YOu" and "Heartbreak Town". The album rocks, a perfect blend of Natalie Maines' strong soulful voice, Emily Robison and Martie Seidel providing great harmony and fiery musical solos, and heartfelt -- and often funny -- lyrics. There are a couple songs that I don't love, but that's all right, too. You can't please everyone all the time. I was reluctant to buy this CD because I wouldn't typically describe myself as a "country fan." But the Chicks make Country a style and not a category. They're fantastic!

Evan and Jaron
Evan and Jaron
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $6.99
192 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars These guys are great!, November 16, 2000
This review is from: Evan and Jaron (Audio CD)
There is only one other time that I ever bought a CD having heard only one song from it, and I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with it. But I heard "Crazy for This Girl" on the radio, and I knew I had to have this CD. And this time, my purchase turned out to be pure listening satisfaction. The songs have hints of '60's greats like Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, and the Beatles, but with a 21st century edge that makes them their own unique sound. Evan and Jaron have smooth voices that blend beautifully, and every song has at least one part that is just pure gold. I love "Crazy for This Girl" (of course), but other truly brilliant songs are "On the Bus" and the almost prayerful "I Could Fall". Even "You Don't Know Me", which is about as sad and full of longing as songs get, sounds so good, you almost want to feel that pain, too. Well... almost! :-) I have no regrets about buying this CD, and I'm recommending it to everyone I know. My only question is, why aren't these guys bigger?