Profile for Thomas Hill > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomas Hill RSS Feed (Oriental, NC)

Dorfman-Pacific Weathered Cotton Outback Hat With Chin Cord
Dorfman-Pacific Weathered Cotton Outback Hat With Chin Cord
Price: $21.59 - $49.87

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great hat!, March 9, 2013
I must say that I agree with most of the reviews on this hat. Yes, it is a good looking hat and it is a bargain at the 30 dollar price point. It has quickly become my favorite and, like others, I have had several comments from strangers on how good it looks. I have never had that happen before. Be warned however that the hat does indeed run large for its listed size. I was prepared for this after reading prior reviews and I did order a Large instead of my usual XLarge. It's a good thing that I did as this hat runs a full size larger than what its tag shows.

Panasonic Lumix 14mm f/2.5 G Aspherical Lens for Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Cameras (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Unique Photo, Inc.
Price: $329.00
20 used & new from $175.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably small, January 25, 2011
When I first opened the box for this lens and pulled it out I couldn't believe it. It is unbelievably small which is a big reason for me purchasing this lens. The front lens cap is thinner than the one on the 20/1.7 and the rear lens cap is also thinner making the whole package even smaller. After reading reviews stating that this lens is a compromise with heavy vignetting I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, all I can say is that this lens is sharp. In the center of the frame it appears as sharp as my 20/1.7. On the edges maybe just a tad less sharp but not by much. As to vignetting, maybe a little but barely noticeable and only in some pictures of blank walls. It's a non issue. I am very happy with the image quality and when I look at this lens on the front of my E-PL1 I just feel amazed at the small size. This lens, coupled with my Panasonic 20/1.7 and a Voigtlander 40/1.4, makes the most wonderful compact kit that I have ever owned and that is the main reason why I converted from my Nikon to the micro 4/3 system. Would I like it if this lens was faster? Sure I would but then it would be bigger. Personally I say bravo to Panasonic for this lens.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2012 9:51 PM PDT

Lorex LIVE LW2702 Wireless Digital Security System
Lorex LIVE LW2702 Wireless Digital Security System

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is a winner!, May 21, 2010
I have to agree with the other 5 star reviews for this product. I frequently buy through Amazon but seldom leave a review. I just couldn't resist in this case. After surfing lots of reviews and debating on whether to go wired or wireless, especially after some horrible wireless fiascoes in the past, I decided to try this Lomax system. I had it up and running in minutes without looking at the manual but the real test, that being range/reception, was what I was worried about. Camera on one side of the house, receiver on the other, and no problems. Pictures are good, not high def, but acceptable and low light or dark performance is great. I have nothing to complain about. Like some others, I now want 2 more cameras and have ordered another complete system as individual cameras run about 140 from Amazon. A pair is only 20 dollars less than the whole system and having another receiver/monitor is going to be great. Makes a great bedside monitor and the video storage works great for later review. Buy this product. I don't think you will regret it.

Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
19 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars try the product first, November 22, 2007
I normally don't rate a product before owning it but I have to make an exception this time. The vast majority of one and two star ratings for the Kindle are from people who don't own it. Most people who do own the Kindle rate the product much higher. I have a close friend who is now a proud owner of this device and she absolutely loves it. After trying it myself I decided it was EXACTLY what I have been waiting years for in an e-reader and I have now placed my order. I rate this product 5 stars at this time partly because I have used the Kindle but mainly to help offset the one star ratings produced by the fools out there who want to tear down a new product before owning it or even holding it in their hands. Once I have the Kindle and have some time put in on it I will resubmit a new rating. I can tell you one thing, this product is great. It works seamlessly, does what it is supposed to do and the display is beautiful.
The Kindle will be/is successful and will be a hit for Amazon.