Profile for W. cun > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. cun RSS Feed (riverside, california United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Suavecito Pomade 4 oz Firme/Strong Hold
Suavecito Pomade 4 oz Firme/Strong Hold
Offered by Healthy Corner Supply
Price: $11.98
22 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds better than Layrite, but not as pleasing to the nostrils., April 16, 2015
Holds well, very firm. A tad firmer than Layrite. It loses a star because it has a funky smell. Layrite smells awesome, almost like pina colada, easy on the nose. Suavecito will eventually grow on you and your nose will become desensitized to the smell. I would buy it again just because it holds so well and the results are great.

Work on that, smell, though. That would make it a 5/5

Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch
Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch
Price: $21.00
7 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value with adequate functions, August 4, 2011
This watch does everything I need: 2 time modes, 2 alarm clocks, stop watch function, glow in dark functionality.

My only gripe is the alarm clock. My suggestion would be to not depend on the alarm to wake you up. It is not loud enough. It will sound off for about 30 seconds, go off, and never sound off after that. So, if you don't wake up or hear it the first time, you're screwed.

Aside from that, great watch at a great price!

Sony KDS-60A2000 KDS60A2000 Bare Lamp XL5200
Sony KDS-60A2000 KDS60A2000 Bare Lamp XL5200
Offered by Exclusivebulbs
Price: $78.25
5 used & new from $76.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, OEM replacement, August 4, 2011
My parents' Sony KDS-60A2000 lamp went out last year. It was sitting in the living room while they used a spare television. I received word from my brother in law who had the same problem. He bought a replacement lamp on Amazon for $100+. It took me a few seconds to get the Sony model number, located on the back of the television, and search on Amazon. There were multiple replacements, but I chose this one.

I like that this is an OEM Philips bulb with packaging. The installation is very simple and can be found all over youtube. The installation takes about 10 minutes. You will need a philips screwdriver, needle nose pliers or small wrench, and latex gloves.

The image quality is back to normal! An absolute bargain if you have some mechanical aptitude.

Avenir Bicycle Tube 12 Inch x 1.75-2.125 Inch Schrader Valve
Avenir Bicycle Tube 12 Inch x 1.75-2.125 Inch Schrader Valve
Price: $9.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit for Tonka 12-inch Bike, June 20, 2011
I ordered this inner tube after my nephew's Tonka bicycle had been sitting on the sideline for over a month. I did some research and quickly bought since it was so cheap ($5.34 FBA). It came quickly, as expected. The tire fit perfectly. Here is a link to my nephew's bicycle: [...]
My brother, 155lbs, rode the bicycle so I know for SURE that it can withstand some added weight, even for its size.

Maxxima MLN-10 LED Night Light with Dusk to Dawn Sensor (Pack of 4)
Maxxima MLN-10 LED Night Light with Dusk to Dawn Sensor (Pack of 4)
Offered by Maxxima
Price: $12.99
4 used & new from $10.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great swivel action, March 7, 2011
Lights work well. They have a very neat swivel action that allows you to aim the beam pattern of the light in a 360 fashion.

Macks safe sound soft foam earplugs -10 pair
Macks safe sound soft foam earplugs -10 pair
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $4.55
21 used & new from $2.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for studying in a loud household, March 7, 2011
I recently went back to school. I am stuck at home studying with very loud roomates, especially an energetic 2 and 5 year old. When I am able to lock myself in my room, I pop these in my ears.

The secret to inserting these the method of "crushing" the ear plug. I have found that when I turn and apply pressure at the same time, it creates an even crush. I am able to insert about 75% of the plug into my ear.

NOTE, do clean ears with cotton swabs prior to using these ear plugs, otherwise after a lengthy study session, the ear plugs will have absorbed the contents of your ears and its wax.

Premium Crystal Rubberized Hard Snap-on Case for Samsung© Epic 4G - Black
Premium Crystal Rubberized Hard Snap-on Case for Samsung© Epic 4G - Black
3 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great aftermarket item to protect expensive phone, March 7, 2011
Yet again, my brother asked me to get some things for his new phone. I bought some screen protectors and this case. The case is a standard clip on style case. It covers all corners and edges with access to camera, volume and speaker buttons. It's made of the grippy rubber type material so it's not as smooth and slippery as a typical plastic cas. Decent case for the money.

Insten® 3-Pack Crystal Clear Screen Protector Compatible with HTC Desire Z / T-Mobile G2
Offered by Eforcity
Price: $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Apply in a clean environment for best results, March 7, 2011
I bought this 3 pack of screen protectors for my brother. Naturally, he asked me to install it for him since I the tech savvy one of the family. I have found that the best results can be had when installed in the restroom. Yes, I know it sounds weird, but there is never any dust in my restroom, especially after a steamy shower.

The screen protector went easily. Be sure to follow the directions. There are only 3 steps. Be sure to take your time cleaning the screen before application.

Travelpro Travel Blue VB011-01 Leather Luggage Tags (2-pack) - Easily Identify your Bags at the Baggage Carousel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect price for weekend getaway, March 7, 2011
I ordered this luggage tag for my 4-day weekend trip to Denver, Colorado. It was much colder than California so I was forced to pack warmly. I resorted to checking in my luggage and carrying on my laptop back pack. The flight was direct so my luggage would not change hands. This would limit the TSA handling by the airline, which I have had horrible experience with in the past. Luggage tags? Forget about them. I use a bandana to tie around my luggage to identify my bags for when they come out of the conveyer belt. It makes it easier spot and grab. I have never had to replace my bandana, but the luggage tags ALWAYS get ripped off by baggage handlers. For the $5 I paid, I figure I give it a shot.

The tags are advertised as leather, so I figure they would be sturdy. They have a slick, smooth design with a polished gold buckle. I wouldn't go as far as trying to support my 42lb bag by the luggage tag, but the strap and buckle seemed to be able to withstand a good amount of applied pressure I pulled on it.

To my surprise, when my bag came out of the conveyer belt, my bandana and luggage tags were both intact! Great start to a great, fun trip in Denver, Colorado. Well worth the money for $5. I gave the other luggage tag to my younger brother.

eMachines eME527-2537 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
eMachines eME527-2537 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great basic, get the job done laptop. Super value at $279, August 11, 2010
I ordered the laptop using my Prime account on Monday and it arrived two days later, as promised. The laptop comes in a simple, cardboard eMachines box with basic instructions: Put in Battery, Plug in, Turn on.

Upon opening the monitor, I notice shelling is made of a thin, flat black plastic. A little on the cheap side, but this laptop is not meant to go off-road. Acceptable. The monitor is wide and very crisp. I was very disappointed in the video card. Granted, it is an integrated 4500M, but the resolution display cannot go any higher than 1366x768. I like my icons and screen to appear smaller, so I can essentially fit more onto my screen. The keys are well spaced and firm to the touch, so there is no accidental key-pressing. There is also an integrated accounting key-pad on the right, something my previous Compaq M2100 did not have, a plus for accounting/econ majors. The power cord seems pretty sturdy. Unlike my previous Compaq which was victim of a weak neck, the power cord is a 90 degree plug and reinforced with thicker amounts of synthetic plastic/rubber. Finally, the laptop weighs in at 5.65 pounds.

This laptop will be used for basic everyday use: Internet Browsing, Mail, Social networking, remote networking into work, MS Office and Videos/Music. I do not plan on using any photo or movie editing programs. I was able to browse the internet a bit. I checked my mail and social networks. The laptop seems efficient, but when I attempted to run two tabbed windows (Car Forum and Ytube) at once, one of the windows (YTube) crashed! Luckily, it was quickly recovered Windows. Not a big deal for people with patience, but I always run multiple tabs so this might be a problem in the future.

The laptop comes with Windows 7 64-bit, a plus. It also comes with a 60 day trial of Microsoft office and Norton antivirus.

Overall, I really like the laptop. It lacks power in the dated Celeron processor but makes up for in a strong wireless 802.11b/g/n card, a nice sleek monitor and 160GB available hard drive for storing movies, music and pictures.

For $279 (Amazon Lightning Deal), I am very satisfied with my purchase!

*EDIT*
I was able to fool around with the new laptop some more last night. In total, I used the laptop for about 1.5 hours, MAX. The first 60 minutes comprised of basic internet browsing: Fbook, Amazon.com, and YouTube. Since I did not have available Wi-Fi, I tethered my HTC Snap. Sadly, because I was in the hills of Hollywood, I got very poor reception so my internet was sluggish. I skipped the YTube and stayed on Meebo for some chat.

My next laptop session was later that night at my apartment. I picked up the apartment's Wi-Fi quickly and web pages loaded normally, but nothing phenomenal. The wireless card works well, as expected.

As an avid music junkie, I noticed the Mono-speaker is VERY under powered. I opened Pandora while I was cooking in the kitchen. The noise from the overhead oven vent clashed with the weaker speaker from the laptop. The speakers in my old Compaq M2100 were much stronger. Granted, they were stereo. However, if you have a pair of headphones, watching movies on a plane, car ride or late at night easily solves this problem.

After I shut down, my battery life read 57%. Not bad for about 1.5 hours of web browsing and music streaming while using a mixture of Tether/Wi-Fi. Let me also add, whenever I am not plugged into AC power, I set my screen brightness to the lowest to conserve the laptop's power.

Again, I STILL believe this is a GREAT laptop for the price.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2010 4:57 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2