Profile for Just a guy > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 455

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Just a guy RSS Feed (Westchester, NY)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Aqua Fresh WF700 Replacement for LG LT700P
Aqua Fresh WF700 Replacement for LG LT700P
Price: $14.57
3 used & new from $14.57

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an OEM replacement. Only filters for taste., November 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Not impressive at all. Unlike the actual LG filter, this only filters for taste. It does not filter ANSI 53, which is the stuff that actually might be harmful. I also found that the flow rate is not as strong as with an OEM filter.

Installation was easy. Instructions on packaging (poor English) lead me to believe this is made in China.

Belkin Apple MFi Certified Car Charger with 4-Foot Lightning  to USB Cable for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c, iPad (4th Gen) and iPad mini (2.1 AMP / 10 Watt)
Belkin Apple MFi Certified Car Charger with 4-Foot Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c, iPad (4th Gen) and iPad mini (2.1 AMP / 10 Watt)
Price: $13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great - 12v USB nub and 4' lightning cable, November 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You get a very small low profile car "cigarette lighter" adapter and a four foot USB lightning cable. It is all Apple certified, so you know it is safe. The 12v car nub is great. It is very small (2" long). It fits in my lighter and I am still able to close the little door over the lighter ash tray compartment. The 4' USB Lightning cable is essentially the same as the Apple cable - it is not as thick as the Amazon Basics cable or the ZeroLemon cable. I expect, over time, the connector will begin to fray - but mine is still new, so it is fine for now.

Bolle Scream II Ski Goggles, Shiny Black
Bolle Scream II Ski Goggles, Shiny Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable ski goggles with good peripheral vision, November 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are really nice goggles. They give a fantastic field of view and terrific clarity in sun, partial sun, or some clouds. They are a bit dark for heavy dark clouds. The vents work great and they do not fog. The strap fits easily through my helmet.

Very comfortable against my face.

Highly recommend.

Post-it 4 x 3 Feet Dry Erase Surface (DEF4x3)
Post-it 4 x 3 Feet Dry Erase Surface (DEF4x3)
Price: $48.99
6 used & new from $48.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed to stick to standard painted drywall overnight, November 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an interesting product, but it does not stick well to the wall. We have painted drywall.

It came in a very long tube. For some reason they roll it along the four foot side, not the three foot side - so the box is four feet long. This also means that the tendency to curl is along the longer four foot side.

We unrolled ours and backrolled it to eliminate most of the roll memory so it would lay flat on the table. We then found a nice spot of drywall that was painted about three years ago. It was smooth and flat with no irregularities, no nail heads, and no drywall tape marks.

We put it up on the wall and were able to get out all but one or two very small bubbles.

The next morning we came downstairs to look at it and it was sitting on the floor. It fell off the wall. The adhesive was no good.

KitchenAid KB6NSO09SG Springform, 9-Inch
KitchenAid KB6NSO09SG Springform, 9-Inch
Offered by The Kitchen Clique
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works very well - dishwasher safe, November 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Does exactly what it is supposed to do - very well - with easy dishwasher cleanup.

This is a very nice springform 9 inch pan. You can fill it with water and nothing leaks out. It bakes evenly and separates easily. The non-stick really works well - as long as you keep it clean. And cleaning is pretty easy because it is dishwasher safe.

One tip - don't use the bottom as a base for a cake if you are going to cut with a knife. The nonstick base will not hold up well if - essentially - used as a cutting board.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2014 9:12 AM PST

Tomcat 100-34350-8 4-Count Mole Killer Grub Formula
Tomcat 100-34350-8 4-Count Mole Killer Grub Formula
Offered by TEXASVALUEONLINE
Price: $15.16
10 used & new from $11.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work, November 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These seem to work. The hardest part is figuring out where - precisely - to put the grub baits. I have a few mole holes around my yard (and one under my deck). I put the grubs inside the holes - and pushed them as far in as I could with a stick. I put two each in two holes. I usually see the moles in my yard each evening - they trigger my motion sensor lights. I havent seen any for a few evenings in a row and don't see any new holes. So, I assume this might have actually worked.

I wore some disposable rubber gloves to handle the grubs. This eliminated any concerns about transferring the poison to my dog, food, etc.

Leviton T5632-W 15-Amp USB Charger/Tamper Resistant Duplex Receptacle, White
Leviton T5632-W 15-Amp USB Charger/Tamper Resistant Duplex Receptacle, White
Price: $20.99
13 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits in a standard single gang box - works great, November 9, 2014
This is a great USB outlet. It has those double terminals, so you can put this in the middle of a run without having to use pigtails. The ground is on the bottom. It is smaller than some other USB outlets that won't fit in a standard single gang box. This fits fine. I had no trouble at all installing this. It works great. I can charge my iphone and ipad with the dual usb and still have two regular AC outlets.

This should be the new standard in home outlets. I will probably slowly start replacing many of the outlets in my home with this one.

Flirty Aprons Men's Apron "Kiss The Cook", Red
Flirty Aprons Men's Apron "Kiss The Cook", Red
Price: $22.49
8 used & new from $18.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Flamable apron with crooked "Kiss the Cook" logo, November 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This apron, intended for use while cooking, presumably near a stove or open flame, says it is famable. Seriously? A flamable apron? It is also very cheep feeling (polyester I assume) and the straps are a very odd length - too short to wrap around the back and tie in front, but really long to just tie in the back.

Finally, the "kiss the cook" is cheeply silkscreened on - not embroidered - and was actually a bit crooked on mine.

Do not bother.

Bolle Mojo Snow Goggles (Shiny Black, Citrus)
Bolle Mojo Snow Goggles (Shiny Black, Citrus)
Offered by OpticsPlanet, Inc
Price: $12.49
7 used & new from $12.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Seem a bit on the small side - almost like kid's goggles, November 7, 2014
This review is from: Bolle Mojo Snow Goggles (Sports)
These are reasonable budget goggles. They seemed a bit small on my face - I think I have an average size face. They cut off my peripheral vision a bit. The citrus makes the outdoor colors pop on partly cloudy days - giving things a bit of a John Lennon rosy tint.

There is no case with these - just the goggles.

They would fit an older kid very well.

Arctix Men's Classic Insulated Overalls Bib, Medium, Black
Arctix Men's Classic Insulated Overalls Bib, Medium, Black
Price: $25.57
11 used & new from $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bibs for the price - good value., November 7, 2014
Nice ski bibs. These fit me fairly well. I am 5'4" and about 170lbs. I got the medium. The cuffs are a bit long, but that really doesn't matter since I will only be wearing these with ski boots. There is a nice pocket (zippered) on the front. The cuffs have an expansion zipper to get over your ski boots and an inner liner to keep powder out of your boots.

The zipper goes down far enough to use the men's room.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20