Profile for D. Cash > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Cash RSS Feed

The Kill Switch:  A Tucker Wayne Novel
The Kill Switch: A Tucker Wayne Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a flagship effort, June 30, 2014
Not being familiar with exactly how capable these dogs are, sometimes Cain's abilities to comprehend and follow his master's orders seemed a bit Disney-ish and and far-fetched. At any moment I expected his master to command, "Bring coffee, cream, no sugar.". I amused myself at the fact that Cain's arch-nemesis in the book was named, "Felice" (the sniper), as in, FLEAS. However, I'm sure I will read the next one that comes out. Not bad for a flagship effort, however.

Carlson Salmon Oil, 180 + 50 Softgels 1000 Mg
Carlson Salmon Oil, 180 + 50 Softgels 1000 Mg
Offered by Good Health Store
Price: $17.75
26 used & new from $16.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Blatant Deception in Labeling, August 7, 2013
If I buy salmon oil capsules, I expect there to be only salmon oil in them...not the addition of sardine, mackerel, and other fish oils, of potency less than that of salmon.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2014 9:15 AM PDT

Omron BP785 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor, Black/white
Omron BP785 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor, Black/white
Offered by PORTABLE GUY
Price: $76.44
34 used & new from $68.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Best for the arm of an obese person, August 7, 2013
I am not obese, with arms retaining some definition between the triceps and biceps. This seems to be why the device often prompts me to re-adjust the cuff. It is not contracting against a level, consistently rounded plane. No telling what the resulting frustration I experience is doing to my true blood pressure. I have taken to holding the cuff with the fingertips of my left hand, which has been successful. I do enjoy the ability to switch between the "A" and "B" user, where the A measurement is an average reading useful for a reliable reading for when I have taken it too soon after sitting down. I use the "B" user setting for a reading to evaluate the A reading. Memory function, and time/date stamp are very helpful. The arrythmia alert is also a good feature.

Dockers Men's Trustee Oxford,Black,10.5 M US
Dockers Men's Trustee Oxford,Black,10.5 M US
Price: $55.51
10 used & new from $44.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Without question, the most UNcomfortable Shoes I've Ever Owned, December 15, 2012
First day I wore them on my job as a security guard, they drew blood from my heel. Near zero cushioning, and forget about any arch support. I can feel the entirety of both legs, as well as my natural gait, being adversely affected as I walk.
I managed to persuade the clerk to throw in some waxed laces, replacing the cotton ones that would have snapped in two,shortly after being moistened by the rain. I wound up purchasing a 25.00 pair of inserts in an effort to make them more comfortable, and I'm not optimistic. The design of the sole and heel seems to be hard on my knees, as well.
The outward styling of the shoe (mine is black w/ white stitching) is pleasing. They will look great gathering dust in your closet.

ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 14 L.E. Running Shoe
ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 14 L.E. Running Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Treading Upon a Great Yellow and Black Marshmallow, October 4, 2012
Finding an adequately-cushioned running shoe is Nirvana for those of us pudgy dudes in the over fifty set. However, after having read some testimonials, and now in light of my own personal experience, I realize there can be too much of a good thing. I'm having a hard time believing I'm actually complaining about this.
In spite of any knee/ankle/leg pain you might have experienced previously (moi), you'll probably find you can run a bit longer in these shoes. However, if you attempt to accelerate to an appreciable speed, you'll feel yourself fighting against the very aspect of these shoes which made them so desirable in the first place...the cushioning! A marked waste of energy, that.
I kid you not, as I ran in these for the first time today, it was easy to relate the experience to running across the top of a gigantic marshmallow. I-COULD-NOT-ACCELERATE-MY-PACE! Or not by much, anyway. It was the strangest feeling. I also believe that if you have a smaller foot as I do (8.5-9), you'll find this particularly difficult. Though in defense of Asics, how could they have anticipated that a mythological creature with 8.5 to size 9 hooves rather than feet would attempt to run in their shoes?
However, I am well aware of the lingering pain derived a few days ago from running on asphalt in a pair of Nike Air Pegasus 29 trail shoes. Definitely not meant for hard surfaces (Thanks for trying to warn me, Trak Shak). But I do not expect that this pain has been exacerbated by running in the Asics gel Nimbus 14s today. Time will tell.
Just don't expect to break any track records in the gel Asics, but by all means, do expect a lessening of the painful fallout from running on hard surfaces. The Great Marshmallow is stubborn, true, but kind.
They do what they're supposed to do...a rarity among consumer products these days. So a big five stars, baby!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2012 5:37 AM PST

5.11 Tactical S/S Holster Shirt, White, Large
5.11 Tactical S/S Holster Shirt, White, Large
Price: $60.56
13 used & new from $60.56

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, really bad execution of idea, July 24, 2012
Do not depend on this product to keep your "concealed" (...and I use this term "loosely"..."OOPS"! many poor word choices here!) safely and discreetly tucked under your arm! Sky marshals, please take note! My experience:
1) Being a medium-framed guy, I chose a large. I had hoped it would have kept my sub-compact Keltec PF9, which is a very light .9mm, in place under my arm, without being too tight. However, it was so tight, it compressed my rib cage. Had it been necessary to give chase to a track-star suspect, well, forget it.
2) Since this particular product will often be used to conceal a sub-compact backup weapon, it should be noted that the smaller gun will sink deeply into the holster's "pocket", creating a very obvious sillouette, and re-positioning the weapon making it very difficult to retrieve quickly.
3) Since there is no extra padding in the holster pocket,
a. ...the weapon could still be seen clearly through both the holster shirt, as well my uniform shirt, especially were I to twist my torso, as one might on a plane to store a briefcase in an overhead apartment.
4) With no additional padding, the weapon's close proximity to the skin was often uncomfortable, inducing behaviors such as the wearer changing positions, betraying the presence of a concealed weapon.
5) NOTICE THE PRECARIOUS FASHION IN WHICH THE LARGE-FRAME WEAPON IN THE ILLUSTRATION HANGS
FROM THE HOLSTER.
Being far from perfect (which is a requirement in a product upon which lives depend), I made some modifications:
a. I stapled padding inside each holster (I had planned to carry an extra clip or two in the other holster).
b. I adhered velcro closures to the opening of each holster
c. I built up the bottom of each holster so the weapon wouldn't slide down out of easy reach.
Still, this product proved to be effective and efficient only in theory.
To the product manufacturer, I say:
1) Strive to make this product far more effective in consideration of the above, and more of a "one-size-SECURES-ALL" product.
2) If it's designed cheap to manufacture, you're placing lives at risk.
3) Put a much heavier price tag on this product, making it easier to make it the way it should be made AND at a profit, and hopefully pricing it out of reach of your typical street thug.
4) Offer half-sizes for a more secure, and comfortable fit.

FROM THE HOLSTER.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2013 7:37 AM PDT

Targus Lap Chill Mat for Laptop, Black/Gray (AWE55US)
Targus Lap Chill Mat for Laptop, Black/Gray (AWE55US)
Price: $29.06
115 used & new from $19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars HOT chill mat!, January 8, 2011
Don't buy this turkey. First, I can see where the actual material which makes contact with the tops of your legs is hot. Second, the manufacturer failed to take into consideration that folks like myself like to prop up our legs on a bed while sitting in a chair, elevating the angle slightly at which the chill mat sits. However, this is more than enough to make your laptop slip down continuously off the mat against your abdomen (no, I have no beer gut). Third, the fans, although there are two of them, seem very weak. I can see, as another reviewer has assured, that these fans could easily go out in a few months.
I just stopped myself from going out to the hardware store to purchase some kind of rubber stops to attach to this thing to completely prevent the laptop from sliding. This would require drilling holes, and I may very well want to take this junk back.

Notebook Cooler S
Notebook Cooler S
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $12.99
12 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Male/female connector pro and con, May 8, 2010
PROS
1) The look. It is very unique looking in any coffee shop.
The blue LED is very intimidating. The unit appears to do, uhm, OTHER THINGS besides simply cool your laptop.
2) It does tend to be quiet.
3) It does have a high and low switch.
4) It has a male/female connector so it doesn't completely occupy a USB port.
5) Very portable.
6) Inexpensive these days, as I first paid 35.00 for mine.

CONS
1) The convenient male/female USB connector is also it's greatest weakness. As by necessity the cord runs from the side of the connector, this creates a kind of hook which will invariably hang on most anything as you try to pull it from your backpack, etc. Soon, the connector will simply break off, or the insulation will become compromised, as mine did. I had applied some electrical tape to the affected area, but the connector caught on something one day, and simply broke off.