Profile for Peetie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peetie RSS Feed (Mission Viejo, CA United States)

Of men and angels
Of men and angels
by Joy Cowley
12 used & new from $2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Service, July 17, 2012
This review is from: Of men and angels (Hardcover)
I have been looking for this out of print book for ages, and found it with this vendor. It was shipped promptly, received in great shape....just as described, and the vendor was very pleasant in every way. I would definitely use them again and recommend everyone else to also. Great experience. No complaints. The Vendor was Jennifer/Perry Thomas AZ.

Surprise Me!
Surprise Me!
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh, Cry and Learn, February 16, 2012
This review is from: Surprise Me! (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book because it made me laugh, cry and I learned a lot about relationships, issues we mortals have and myself. I found it a combination entertaining novel and self help book. Nancy Goodman has a way with words.....I felt like I was watching a movie. She paints just enough of a picture to put you right there, but doesn't bog down with description. Snappy, clever dialogue and I learned a lot without her preaching at me.....I only had to follow the characters and it was an entertaining, fun lesson in life. A must for all single women....or those who remember what it was like.

Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You
by Susan J. Elliott
Price: $10.19
98 used & new from $5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of This Genre, February 25, 2010
Having recently gone through a horrific breakup, I have armed myself with a plethora of self help break up books. Some were useless; some had a couple good points, but this book has more to offer than any in my collection. Lots of wisdom...lots of compassion...lots of practical advice...lots of psychological insight. It has it all. Is sensible and written in an easy to read, easy to understand style.

I always mark these books with highlighter pen when I read them the first time to go back and reread the most helpful points. In this case, I practically highlighted the whole book. Yes, it's that good.

Anyone suffering and feeling stuck, I highly recommend this one.

The No S Diet: The Strikingly Simple Weight-Loss Strategy That Has DietersRaving--and Dropping Pounds
by Reinhard Engels
Price: $12.01
114 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Maintenance Built Right In, March 21, 2008
When I first began this dieting approach, I only wanted to maintain after years of yo yo'ing up and down. I just wanted a sane and healthy way to eat that I could stick with.

Lo and behold, I lost another 10 lbs. and have maintained it for well over a year.

I don't feel deprived and I am no longer obsessed with food. The book is easy to read, and fun and smart....just like the diet's creator, Reinhard.

I guess you can tell I'm a big fan of his. You will be too. Try it...you'll LOVE it.

It Was Food vs. Me ... and I Won
It Was Food vs. Me ... and I Won
by Nancy Goodman
99 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Something In Between....., May 25, 2004
I have been vascillating for years between diet books that are loaded with structure, and the new "non-diet" approach that encourages you to eat when you are hungry, stop when you're full and no restrictions as far as food content. Not so easy when you have a history of disordered eating. Nancy's book is a welcome place between the two extremes. She encourages some structure but not restriction. There is definitely a difference. I was at the point where I thought I would have to accept myself much heavier than I am comfortable with (nondiet approach), but this book has given me hope that I can be at a more healthy weight and still not live my life around the diet du jour. I love Nancy's honest, down to earth style, and I love her attitude of being thin and having your cake and eating it too!