Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Kelly Klepfer > Reviews

Browse

Kelly Klepfer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 704

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kelly Klepfer RSS Feed (Iowa)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The End of Law: A Novel of Hitler's Germany
The End of Law: A Novel of Hitler's Germany
by Therese Down
Price: $12.71
53 used & new from $0.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Rough but Fascinating Novel, May 9, 2016
The End of Law is a heavy, heavy read. I tend to shy away from wartime fiction. In my thought process there is no sense in reading something depressing when life can be so heavy all by itself. And I don’t like the omniscient point of view where the narrator knows the inner thoughts of every character. Two strikes for The End of Law, but once I got past the first couple pages I just couldn’t stop. I found so much horrific history buried between the covers, but I also saw the wonder of people sacrificing and fighting against the encroaching evil of the Nazis. The characters are members of the Nazi party, many are protected from the horror of reality, others’ hands are so dirty that all sanity seems to be gone. When a little bit of truth leaks out, a powder keg blows within one family. The results are tragic. However, the thread of hope is not lost. God was not silent during that period of insanity. And the proof is in the good of the people who fought against the ideas of a few mad men. I so recommend this novel to anyone interested in this time frame. This novel was provided to me for review purposes.

Moto X case, Moto X (2nd Gen.) Case, E LV Motorola Moto X+1 Flip Case Cover - Deluxe PU Leather Flip Wallet Case Cover for Moto X 2nd Generation Case for Google Motorola Moto X with 1 E LV Stylus - [TURQUOISE]
Offered by Turn On Tech
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, May 1, 2016
This case was exactly what I was looking for. The openings/buttons are placed perfectly. My previous case had one button covering the up and down volume buttons. This one is one for up and one for down. A million times easier. This case is new to me so Im not sure how well it will hold up over time but it seems very well made and the clasp holds nice and tight. Definitely great for the price.

Peril: A Novel (Bloodline Trilogy)
Peril: A Novel (Bloodline Trilogy)
by Jordyn Redwood
Price: $10.70
46 used & new from $1.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Twisty Action Packed Page Turner, April 20, 2016
Medical fiction is one of my favorite genres. Crime fiction is right up there. So when they are combined and the story is a well-written page-turner, then it earns a two thumbs up.

Jordyn Redwood's Peril is definitely a two thumb up novel. A ruthless killer, oh, not just any killer, one who's had some help from a mad scientist, a woman grieving the loss of her baby and her part in missing the signs, a husband trying to keep his grieving wife through the dark days...oh, and a young girl who...well, let's just say the plot is action packed.

Chicken warning, this book has some intensity that may make you suck your thumb and need a night light. Anyone who is intrigued by the above, it's a page turner.

Valley of Decision: A Novel (The Carthage Chronicles)
Valley of Decision: A Novel (The Carthage Chronicles)
by Lynne Gentry
Price: $10.51
50 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying Conclusion to the Series., March 3, 2016
Lisbeth has matured over the years between visits to ancient Carthage. So much so she's forgotten her own headstrong, hungry search for her missing mother. As much as she longs to give Maggie her father, Lisbeth knows it's for the best that Maggie remain in the present.

Taking a page from Lisbeth's book and tumbling right back into the third century Maggie discovers she's been gone mere hours their time and over a decade in hers. Maggie's hunt for her father, to save his life, results in struggles and challenges for all of those who love her. Maggie's cell phone and young adult social media mindset causes her a few mishaps. And Barek, the angry teenager she left behind wastes no time venting his frustration over his mother's death due to her carelessness.

Illness still rages through the city and Christianity is underground. Touching scenes between characters compelled me to finish the story out. Even though there was no possible way for happily ever after, I had to find out the choices the characters would make. Stay or go? Choose life in the modern world, or risk the pestilence, diseases and brutalities of the third century? In the end it was a satisfying and thoughtful read. I definitely recommend it for the fascinating historical glimpses and the strong writing.

Chapel Springs Survival
Chapel Springs Survival
by Ane Mulligan
Price: $9.95
11 used & new from $9.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming and Oh So Fun, February 12, 2016
Ane Mulligan’s Chapel Springs Survival starts with a crisis as all good novels do. Claire Bennett is involved, should you need a refresher course, here are some highlights from mishaps in Claire’s life in Chapel Springs Revival...setting a kitchen on fire, surviving a son’s wedding, whipping the entire town back into shape, beaning an art critic, and falling into an open grave in her wedding attire...It’s a miracle there’s a book two at all. But delightfully there is. And Claire has plenty to trip over, stumble into or onto and angst over in ol Chapel Springs. Fortunately, her husband Joel and she are united like never before, and boy are they going to need that unity. The town’s tourism is hopping, maybe a little too much. But just a few tweaks might fix all of the little issues. But those little issues seem to be just the tip of the iceberg.

Claire still can’t cook, nor can she keep her mouth shut without biting her tongue. But with her big ol heart and determination she’s kinda the go-to girl in town. Unless, that person is her brand new surprise daughter-in-law. For some reason Claire's newest family member seems to be out to get her.

Claire’s escapades, near misses, oops moments and big wins are definitely worth the read. Mulligan's humorous storytelling is so charming, the small town destination of Chapel Springs sounds like a dream vacation, and the characters are big as life.

Intertwined: A Contemporary Romance Novel
Intertwined: A Contemporary Romance Novel
by Jennifer Slattery
Price: $7.87
38 used & new from $3.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, January 12, 2016
Jennifer Slattery writes about difficult subjects. Most of them are topics that aren't faced often in mainstream polite church societies. But if we are honest with ourselves we all know someone near and dear who's been impacted by divorce, addiction, mental illness and even homelessness. Two Christian women I know have gotten divorced or are in the midst of one in this past year alone. They each have families and friends who are devastated for them. One of them has three grown children who are gutted by the fracture of their family. Each of these women is struggling for different and compelling reasons. The choices and sins of others can send waves into our lives that spill out into the lives of those we interact with and our responses can become ugly sin more often than godly communication.

Slattery writes about these difficult issues and brings the reader to uncomfortable places. She does her research and homework and has tackled another controversial and difficult topic, organ donation in Intertwined. Clearly, this is not a light read nor is it your traditional light and fluffy romance.

Honestly, I struggled with her main character, Tammy. As the story developed Tammy became more palatable to me, but her bitterness was off-putting. I also had issues with her extended support system that was made up of meddlers and manipulators. Nick had some really challenging issues and relationships as well. As I said this novel is not light and fluffy. But the value in a dose of reality can be life-changing for those who need to hear that reality.

Altra Furniture Storage Unit with 4 Baskets
Altra Furniture Storage Unit with 4 Baskets

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends on What You Need. Lightweight and for Lightweight Storage., December 14, 2015
I read some of the reviews on this product before purchasing. I spent 35.00 on it and would say it's not worth more than that. The frame is very lightweight. This is great if you want to move it easily. Each basket holds 10 lbs, the top 15. The wood is rough, not sliver every time you touch it rough, but stained and not varnished. The gray frame looks pretty close to the picture, but it does lean toward mossy gray. The baskets are gray green as well. Depending on what your plans are, this could be a win. If you are looking for solid storage that might take a beating, I'd spend a little more on something solid.

The Art of Losing Yourself: A Novel
The Art of Losing Yourself: A Novel
by Katie Ganshert
Price: $11.17
47 used & new from $7.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Meaty, Rich Story of Loss and Love, December 14, 2015
I love literary novels. There are few things more satisfying than a beautifully turned phrase, a poignant metaphor, a sense-infused scene that transports a reader far away, or a character that pulls at every emotion. If you agree you need to look into The Art of Losing Yourself and find a place where you can devour and savor this novel.

Told in two parallel 1st person accounts, the story centers around a dying motel, a demented aunt, and two sisters attempting to overcome huge, painful challenges. Poignant, powerful, rich, raw and infused with faith and hope, this is one of those stories that grabbed my heart. Katie Ganshert's name on the cover is going to guarantee A place on my to read list.

Island Fresh Superior Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 54 Ounce
Island Fresh Superior Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 54 Ounce
Offered by Island Fresh
Price: $36.95
2 used & new from $16.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Just So Good, December 5, 2015
I've used coconut oil for years and am a fan of it. In exchange for an honest review, Island Fresh sent me a sample of their tasty coconut oil.

I love, love, love that it's organic, cold-pressed. I mainly bake or cook with coconut oil. I have discovered that the richness it brings really boosts the flavor profile in my baked goods, adding an additional sweetness and slight nuttiness. Island Fresh is a mild and delicious flavored coconut oil. The heat processed oils lose their intense coconut flavor and the cold-press hangs onto it. However, I've tasted some cold-press coconut oil that is too much in the flavor department. I'm not sure if it's a season or region or processing controlled issue but the Island Fresh is sweet but not too sweet and does not overpower anything I've used it in. I've used another oil in the past that I preferred in the texture department because of its creaminess, however, Island Fresh is like most of the other brands out there. Somewhere around 75 degrees F it softens then fully melts with the warmer days of summer in the Midwest where I live. And when the days grow cold my coconut oil is solid and takes some work to use in baking. If you are a coconut oil novice I don't recommend you keep it in the refrigerator unless you live in a very warm climate or don't plan to use it for quite awhile.

In addition to baking we use coconut oil as good dog treat moments, moisturizer for face and body. It's excellent for hair and body. I use it as make-up remover. If you've never popped popcorn on the stove top in coconut oil, you are missing out on a treat. Excellent product.

Viva Labs - The BEST Tasting Certified Organic Cacao Powder, 1 LB
Viva Labs - The BEST Tasting Certified Organic Cacao Powder, 1 LB
Offered by Viva Naturals
Price: $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Source for My Cacao Needs, December 5, 2015
Viva Labs gave me an opportunity to try several of their high quality products in exchange for honest reviews of their products. Honestly, I plan to buy Viva Labs cacao powder the next time I need powdered cacao bliss. The flavor and quality of this product is top notch. Seriously, I opened the bag and nearly swooned at the aroma. Rich, decadent cocoa scent and flavor gave so much chocolate life to the desserts I used it in. The fact that it's organic and respectful of the environment and the farmers who provide it is just the icing on the cake. The fudgy, delicious icing on the cake. A winning addition to my kitchen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20