Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Kelly Klepfer > Reviews

Browse

Kelly Klepfer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 699

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kelly Klepfer RSS Feed (Iowa)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Intertwined: A Contemporary Romance Novel
Intertwined: A Contemporary Romance Novel
by Jennifer Slattery
Price: $15.99
51 used & new from $8.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Gritty, January 12, 2016
Jennifer Slattery writes about difficult subjects. Most of them are topics that aren't faced often in mainstream polite church societies. But if we are honest with ourselves we all know someone near and dear who's been impacted by divorce, addiction, mental illness and even homelessness. Two Christian women I know have gotten divorced or are in the midst of one in this past year alone. They each have families and friends who are devastated for them. One of them has three grown children who are gutted by the fracture of their family. Each of these women is struggling for different and compelling reasons. The choices and sins of others can send waves into our lives that spill out into the lives of those we interact with and our responses can become ugly sin more often than godly communication.

Slattery writes about these difficult issues and brings the reader to uncomfortable places. She does her research and homework and has tackled another controversial and difficult topic, organ donation in Intertwined. Clearly, this is not a light read nor is it your traditional light and fluffy romance.

Honestly, I struggled with her main character, Tammy. As the story developed Tammy became more palatable to me, but her bitterness was off-putting. I also had issues with her extended support system that was made up of meddlers and manipulators. Nick had some really challenging issues and relationships as well. As I said this novel is not light and fluffy. But the value in a dose of reality can be life-changing for those who need to hear that reality.

Altra Furniture Storage Unit with 4 Baskets
Altra Furniture Storage Unit with 4 Baskets
Price: $51.80
24 used & new from $41.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends on What You Need. Lightweight and for Lightweight Storage., December 14, 2015
I read some of the reviews on this product before purchasing. I spent 35.00 on it and would say it's not worth more than that. The frame is very lightweight. This is great if you want to move it easily. Each basket holds 10 lbs, the top 15. The wood is rough, not sliver every time you touch it rough, but stained and not varnished. The gray frame looks pretty close to the picture, but it does lean toward mossy gray. The baskets are gray green as well. Depending on what your plans are, this could be a win. If you are looking for solid storage that might take a beating, I'd spend a little more on something solid.

The Art of Losing Yourself: A Novel
The Art of Losing Yourself: A Novel
by Katie Ganshert
Price: $13.58
55 used & new from $4.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Meaty, Rich Story of Loss and Love, December 14, 2015
I love literary novels. There are few things more satisfying than a beautifully turned phrase, a poignant metaphor, a sense-infused scene that transports a reader far away, or a character that pulls at every emotion. If you agree you need to look into The Art of Losing Yourself and find a place where you can devour and savor this novel.

Told in two parallel 1st person accounts, the story centers around a dying motel, a demented aunt, and two sisters attempting to overcome huge, painful challenges. Poignant, powerful, rich, raw and infused with faith and hope, this is one of those stories that grabbed my heart. Katie Ganshert's name on the cover is going to guarantee A place on my to read list.

Island Fresh SUPERIOR Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Cold-pressed and Unrefined for Irresistible Aroma and Taste, 54 Ounce
Offered by Island Fresh
Price: $36.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Just So Good, December 5, 2015
I've used coconut oil for years and am a fan of it. In exchange for an honest review, Island Fresh sent me a sample of their tasty coconut oil.

I love, love, love that it's organic, cold-pressed. I mainly bake or cook with coconut oil. I have discovered that the richness it brings really boosts the flavor profile in my baked goods, adding an additional sweetness and slight nuttiness. Island Fresh is a mild and delicious flavored coconut oil. The heat processed oils lose their intense coconut flavor and the cold-press hangs onto it. However, I've tasted some cold-press coconut oil that is too much in the flavor department. I'm not sure if it's a season or region or processing controlled issue but the Island Fresh is sweet but not too sweet and does not overpower anything I've used it in. I've used another oil in the past that I preferred in the texture department because of its creaminess, however, Island Fresh is like most of the other brands out there. Somewhere around 75 degrees F it softens then fully melts with the warmer days of summer in the Midwest where I live. And when the days grow cold my coconut oil is solid and takes some work to use in baking. If you are a coconut oil novice I don't recommend you keep it in the refrigerator unless you live in a very warm climate or don't plan to use it for quite awhile.

In addition to baking we use coconut oil as good dog treat moments, moisturizer for face and body. It's excellent for hair and body. I use it as make-up remover. If you've never popped popcorn on the stove top in coconut oil, you are missing out on a treat. Excellent product.

Viva Labs - The BEST Tasting Certified Organic Cacao Powder, 1 LB
Viva Labs - The BEST Tasting Certified Organic Cacao Powder, 1 LB
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Source for My Cacao Needs, December 5, 2015
Viva Labs gave me an opportunity to try several of their high quality products in exchange for honest reviews of their products. Honestly, I plan to buy Viva Labs cacao powder the next time I need powdered cacao bliss. The flavor and quality of this product is top notch. Seriously, I opened the bag and nearly swooned at the aroma. Rich, decadent cocoa scent and flavor gave so much chocolate life to the desserts I used it in. The fact that it's organic and respectful of the environment and the farmers who provide it is just the icing on the cake. The fudgy, delicious icing on the cake. A winning addition to my kitchen.

The Fruitcake Murders
The Fruitcake Murders
by Ace Collins
Price: $14.99
52 used & new from $4.13

3.0 out of 5 stars If you like your festive baked goods with a little spice you ..., November 11, 2015
This review is from: The Fruitcake Murders (Paperback)
If you like your festive baked goods with a little spice you can cozy up with the Fruitcake Murders for your Christmas holiday read. Told in alternating points of view the story contains hardboiled and crime drama feel blended with classic movie flair.

A tough femme fatale journalist and haunted detective work together to find the killer who leaves an ancient fruitcake behind at each scene. The unfolding story is tragic and compelling. Definitely a different twist for fruitcakes but an engaging one.

The book was provided in exchange for an honest review.

An Endless Christmas: A Novella
An Endless Christmas: A Novella
by Cynthia Ruchti
Price: $15.98
66 used & new from $3.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet, November 2, 2015
Sometimes Christmas cheese oozes into Christmas movies and books. I mean I get it, the whole point is to give folks that warm rush of feelings that make for peace on earth and glad tidings.

However, Cynthia Ruchti has avoided this common problem. Her novella is full of rich and real characters and warmth and joy that comes from the real heart of the holiday. The basic plot line is a nice little twist of boy meets girl, falls in love, screws up and heads right to happily ever after. We enter into the story as Micah asks Katie to marry him in front of his whole family and Katie's reaction isn't princess perfect. The rest of the holiday goes further south as Katie's fears and insecurities wrestle her into certain future unhappiness. I think fans of Ruchti, love, and Christmas will delight in Katie's surprise and and joy at discovering that real can be messy but kind, scary but safe and loud but loving.

This novel was provided to me for review purposes. I am in no way obligated to give it a stellar review. I happened to like it quite a bit.

Keeping Christmas: A Novel
Keeping Christmas: A Novel
by Dan Walsh
Price: $10.45
53 used & new from $6.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Warm, Feel Good Story, October 23, 2015
Dan Walsh is back doing what he does best, writing sweetly inspirational fiction that touches home with so many folks.

In Keeping Christmas we go along for the bumpy ride of what to do when what you knew changes drastically. Judith and Stan have faced their first Thanksgiving alone since becoming a family. All three of their grown children have moved away and, as many families face, the budgets are too tight to head home for the holiday. As Stan enjoys the minimal fuss and bustle, Judith slowly sinks into a depression.

When they find out none of the kids can afford the trip back for Christmas it's all Stan can do to attempt to pull his wife out of her funk. Fortunately, a few good friends help and slowly Judith begins to feel a small stirring of hope again.

This is one of those books that will appeal to those who snap up Walsh's books. Those seeking a warm, fuzzy, feel good read will likely adore the story as well. It's short and sweet enough for a cozy weekend read.

This book was sent to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

The Bones Will Speak (A Gwen Marcey Novel)
The Bones Will Speak (A Gwen Marcey Novel)
by Carrie Stuart Parks
Price: $10.93
84 used & new from $2.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Story, October 13, 2015
Gwen, a forensic artist, is nearly recovered from a recent health crisis. One day while working in her yard her dog proudly trots over to her with a portion of a human skull.

One grisly discovery soon leads to more until its certain that there is a serial killer on the loose. And once that chilling truth unfolds there is a similarity to his victims that makes Gwen's blood grow cold.

Now fully aware that he is hunting her family, Gwen must act to save her life and her daughter from this monster.

This is a gripping novel that was hard to put down. Not for the faint of heart or feathered friends because there are some seriously intense scenes in this book. I didn't read book one so it took me a few pages to get a feel for Gwen and the authors voice. After that it became a page turner. I do love a good procedural novel so the forensic details were an added bonus. If you love great suspense give this one a shot.

This book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

As Waters Gone By
As Waters Gone By
by Cynthia Ruchti
Price: $13.06
70 used & new from $4.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and Poignant Story of Hope, October 3, 2015
This review is from: As Waters Gone By (Paperback)
Emmalyn is running to the only place she has left. Her husband has abandoned her. Not in the traditional trade-up kind of scenario but because he is serving time in prison. Emmalyn’s womb is achingly empty, as is her bank account, and future. The only thing Emmalyn has left is a tiny hunting cottage in the middle of nowhere.

Emmalyn lands in what will become a nest that wraps its wings around her frightened bird self. A crazy innkeeper and her unique group of friends breathe life back into Emmalyn until she can breathe on her own. Just in time, too, because she has some serious and life changing decisions to make. As Emmalyn changes and let’s go so that she can embrace truth, her life changes in ways she couldn’t even have imagined. This story is powerful and well-written. The strong vein of gratitude and generosity laps over its shores giving hope beyond the pages.

I received a copy of this ARC for review purposes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20