Profile for Michael Barbato > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Barbato RSS Feed (Greensboro, NC)

Hyundae Bidet HB-2500 Hot/Cold Water Non Electric Toilet Seat Attachment with Free Portable Travel Bidet

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, works great, May 20, 2011
Overall this product is a great value. I have had it installed for about two months and it works perfectly every time. It is made of a plastic that seems sturdy enough. Even though I wonder how long it will last (it doesn't seem to be incredibly durable), it is about what I expected for the price and I won't be upset if I have to replace it in several years.

Installation was a little tricky. The parts that came with it did not seem to be represented accurately in the instruction diagrams, which were translated poorly into English. I am not experienced with plumbing so I was nervous about installation. After some studying, however, I was able to securely install it. I may purchase new pads for the toilet seat to sit on the bowl, as this raises the height in the back of the seat where it is installed so it slopes downward.

I am very glad I paid a little extra for the Hot/Cold model instead of just the cold water, as the warm water is soothing. If you, like me, don't have "instant" hot water in your pipes, I suggest turning the hot water in your sink on until it warms up so that the bidet's water is pre-warmed. Also, when using for the first time, turn it on slowly to avoid any surprises and giving yourself an accidental enema.

If you're not ready to pay thousands of dollars for a Toto system in your bathroom, but still want a sanitary bathroom experience, this is the product to choose. Since using it, I have felt very clean, with no itchiness or irritation from wiping.

200 Plastic Collar Stays in a Box, 3 Sizes
200 Plastic Collar Stays in a Box, 3 Sizes
Offered by Quality Stays
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stays, January 10, 2011
These stays are great. The box is a nice size to keep around but not get in the way. 200 should last a while so it's well worth the price to not have to worry about collar stays again for a long time.

First Alert Public Alert Radio with S.A.M.E (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
First Alert Public Alert Radio with S.A.M.E (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great radio to keep on top of severe weather, January 10, 2011
This radio works great and is customizable for your area. It could literally be a life saver come tornado season. My only complaints are the instruction manual is not well written/confusing and the button layout is not intuitive and after reading the manual I'm still not ready sure what some of them do.

OEM Samsung Standard Battery w/ External Battery Charger & Stand for Samsung Captivate Vibrant Epic 4G Focus

4.0 out of 5 stars This is exactly what I needed, October 25, 2010
This is a great product. I prefer to always keep a back-up battery charged and switch them out instead of ever having to plug the phone in. This product allows me to do just that, and it is OEM Samsung so it is high quality.

The only reason it gets 4 stars instead of 5 is the price. While not outrageous and I appreciate it is an actual Samsung product, I was able to get similar items for my old Blackberry for less than $20. Regardless of price, I would recommend it to anyone who likes to have a spare battery charged at all times.

USA Gear Protective Case for Barnes and Noble Nook Color and Nook eBook Reader
USA Gear Protective Case for Barnes and Noble Nook Color and Nook eBook Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect casual e-reader case, September 6, 2010
The Neoprene CoverGuard does exactly what I was looking for: eases my mind about scratching my e-reader. I am pretty careful with my electronics, so I did not need a case with a lot of padding and protection, just something to make sure if I put it in a backpack for a short time it will not get damaged. If you are going to be throwing or dropping it, you should look for something sturdier, or re-evaluate if you're the kind of person that should own an expensive piece of equipment in the first place.

It fits the Nook well and looks and feels great. My one suggestion: re-design the front pocket. It is designed to hold the charging adapter and cord, but when they're in there they bulge out which makes it look awkward and makes me feel like the case may be stretched. My biggest fear about this is the e-reader may be vulnerable if it falls flat or has something dropped on its front face, since the charger and cord would go right into/through the screen. I would suggest different placement, and because of this do not routinely carry the charger/adapter in the case, which is a slight inconvenience. I don't travel much, so I don't need to have the charger inside it all of the time. It works perfectly for me around the house just making sure my dog doesn't get his nose prints all over it.

Overall, a great product and I recommend to everyone who has similar needs to me.

Kinamax ADS IR Blaster Remote Control Signal Sender
Kinamax ADS IR Blaster Remote Control Signal Sender

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but has its limits, March 26, 2010
This does everything it's advertised to do and is a great value, but there is no plugin available to use it with Eventghost. Otherwise it works fine and I would recommend it, especially since it doesn't cost too much.

RIM Mini Extra Battery Charger - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black
RIM Mini Extra Battery Charger - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $3.15
6 used & new from $3.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid convenient product, February 2, 2010
This product works great and doesn't seem too fragile. My only criticisms are that it is a little more difficult than it should be to remove the battery from the charger (tight fit), and the charging and done charging lights are very similar colors so it's hard to know if it's done.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2010 2:52 AM PDT

External Battery Charger with Original Home Wall Charger for Blackberry 8330 8320 8310 8300 Curve 8800 8820 8830 8110 8120 8130 8100 Pearl Flip
Offered by WirelessFinest
Price: $4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and Value, November 11, 2009
I am on my second one since the first one broke (pretty easily) but it is definitely worth it for the price. It allows me to charge one battery externally while I'm using another in the phone so I never have to plug the phone in and lose mobility. Highly recommended, I would recommend being careful with the plug (since it's been known to break), but it's even worth buying replacements if you have to.