Profile for phaedrus"Neil > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

phaedrus"Neil RSS Feed (N.America)

Everything I Know
Everything I Know
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Short..no fluff..effective., April 7, 2014
This review is from: Everything I Know (Kindle Edition)
Paul wastes no time getting down to business and does so in an engaging way. It's not long but is a pointed reminder of what many of us already know, and need to be reminded of lest we lose the drive that keeps us from "settling" for less than we're capable of. I liked it and will refer to it often so as not to lose my edge.

Origins
Origins
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars fast moving and intriguing, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Origins (Kindle Edition)
I liked it and found myself drawn into the details...historical, biblical, and otherwise. I went with four stars because of the abrupt ending leading to.... the next book. Which of course doesn't mean I won't want to continue to read the series. All in all an interesting read that makes one think outside the norm. Nice job all around.

OFF THE GRID: Live in a Van, Truck, Trailer, or Motorhome
OFF THE GRID: Live in a Van, Truck, Trailer, or Motorhome
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars no nonsense or fluff, June 1, 2013
JJ Luna has 'been there, done that'. His style is straightforward and no nonsense in a concerned and caring way. He describes his experiences (right and wrong) in a friendly and direct manner that should save anyone a lot of difficulty when they decide to reclaim their independence and move away from being constantly tracked and regulated by those who wish to "be in charge of us" and won't leave us alone to peacefully live our lives unobstructed by regulatory agencies who'd have us bow to their every whim. (theoretically for our own good) Along with his outstanding book "How To Be Invisible" this work gives practical solutions to the ever increasing complexity of our world and encourages us to reinvent actual liberty. Well worth the time to read if you wish to be really free.

By The Time I Got It All Together It Was Too Heavy To Lift
By The Time I Got It All Together It Was Too Heavy To Lift
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars surprise is too small a word, April 16, 2013
I've read the sample on kindle and when I got to the part titled 'Hugs' I broke down and cried. I'll buy this asap (things are tight) and anticipate that it will be gratifying and well worth the modest price. To read the story of redemption in 'Hugs' has already more than reimbursed me for what I will spend to own a copy of the book. A first rate bit of writing and simple yet profound thinking. Things we all know instinctively and often forget to express...and live.

Origin
Origin
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars such trouble we get into, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Origin (Kindle Edition)
Origin is fast paced with interesting character development and it keeps you guessing about how it ends...or begins again?

J.A. Konrath knows how to pull us in and keep us guessing while allowing our imaginations to fill in the details.

A good, fast paced read that's worth your time. The tension builds steadily and makes one want to rush to the end. It would make a great film.

The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime.
by MJ DeMarco
Price: $15.31
57 used & new from $10.30

5.0 out of 5 stars we have no excuses, March 16, 2013
M.J.'s success speaks for itself. His description of what it takes to achieve personal success while maintaining control of the process will either encourage you to take control of your life or, force you to accept the fact that you've given up control to others.

We all make choices that affect the course of our lives. Accepting responsibility for what's happened so far and deciding to change it (or not) is the big theme in this book. Without judging harshly he encourages us to decide which road we want most and get busy making our dreams happen and do the work necessary to get there.

I pick this book up often to remind myself I don't have to "settle" I just have to solve other peoples problems with my own life experiences and, if I do that, I'll get what I need by giving others what they need. I've learned I don't need much but I do want more than "just getting by". It's a good read and worth your time..if just for a dose of reality.

It's not the things we have that define us. It's the ability to live guided by a plan that we can control. Get this book. Love it or don't. You won't regret the read.

Forbidden Property: What You Don't Own Can Hurt You
Forbidden Property: What You Don't Own Can Hurt You
by Grant Sterling
15 used & new from $15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars worth your time, January 5, 2012
You need to read this. If you ever wondered who owns what in this world the author spells it out clearly. He gives one pause for thought and compels us to research his contentions for ourselves.

The legal footnotes are worth the price by themselves.

If you ever wondered how we got to where we are this should spell it out for you in no uncertain terms.

Logical, and compelling reasoning. Expressed well.

It will challenge your thinking. You'll never view the world the same way.

It may make you angry and spur you to look out for yourself and those you care about.

That's a good thing.

Writing Online
Writing Online
by Sean Platt
6 used & new from $113.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A Work That Inspires, January 5, 2012
This review is from: Writing Online (Paperback)
As an author and writer Sean has an engaging way of putting things. His take on what works and what doesn't is honest and encouraging in spite of what could go wrong (or right, in spite of ourselves). The information he gives is practical and useful and his insistence on doing what it takes to get to where one wants to ultimately be is refreshing. He doesn't deny there is work involved.

Anyone who has spent any time to research the subject of writing probably has landed on their own particular style but Sean's take on things can only help one become more effective at becoming the writer you're meant to be.

What I found most helpful was the transparency of his description of the process. Good and bad. Success comes from deliberate planning and honest effort. It's a great reality check for dreamers. Aren't we all in some way, shape or form?

The tag line of his messages are most telling of all. "I did it..so can you"

How true.

Get this.

Get busy.It won't happen until you do.

eForCity® 78+45 INK Compatible with HP DeskJet 930c 932c 950c 952c Printer FS
eForCity® 78+45 INK Compatible with HP DeskJet 930c 932c 950c 952c Printer FS
Offered by EVERGREEN_Print
Price: $17.38
7 used & new from $14.80

4.0 out of 5 stars good response to a problem, May 31, 2010
When last asked to review my purchase I responded with a comment as to the condition of the color cartridge and am pleased to say a replacement was sent within days. I appreciate the response and expect I'll be satisfied with the replacement.