Profile for Laura B. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura B. RSS Feed (Shawnee, KS)

Ultra Chef Express Salsa Maker 7 tools in one
Ultra Chef Express Salsa Maker 7 tools in one
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $17.99
5 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem among kitchen gadgets and appliances., December 26, 2014
I purchased this 'Ultra Chef Express Salsa Maker' mid-July 2014. In the almost 6 months we've had it, it has been great! The crazy thing is, we have yet to make salsa with it! My husband uses it to cut onions (he cries every time if he chops by hand). I've used it for frozen bananas to make "ice cream". It takes some work, but this little thing does the job! It also minced carrots for a soup I was making. Although it did seem like the bowl was going to stay stained by the carrots, it eventually washed out. I use the mandolin slicer attachment to thinly slice potatoes and onions. Clean up couldn't be easier either. Just be cautious of the sharp blade. I am really glad we bought this gadget. It has been a great all purpose tool in our kitchen.

Shiseido The Skincare Moisturizing 1-2-3 Set Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam 2.8oz + Hydro-Nourishing Softener 3.3oz + Day Moisture Protection SPF 15 1oz
Offered by Nicole & Alyssa
Price: $34.00
13 used & new from $25.91

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Shiseido skincare products, January 29, 2014
I have very sensitive skin so I have to be cautious in the products I use. I first found out about Shiseido when I received a sample with an order of beauty products I ordered through a beauty supply store. I was instantly in love! The cleaner is a gentle cream that lathers into a great smelling foam wash. I exfoliate at least a couple of times a week by adding a little baking soda to the cream and gently lathering and washing my face. This product doesn't dry or leave your skin feeling tight, tingly, or flaky. In the 1-2-3 set the second product is the hydro-nourishing softener lotion. It is a clear, slightly gel-like solution that I use as a follow-up to the cleanser (like I would a toner). It seems to refresh, soften, and hydrate the skin which leaves it feeling wonderful. The 3rd step/product is the day moisture protection with SPF 18. This is a light moisturizer that can be worn under make-up. I typically put it on day or night after I do the other 2 steps and it moisturizes just fine. I was using a pricey (100+ dollar) jar cream that was a thick emollient so it is nice to have a lighter moisturizer that works just as well in combination with the other 2 products. They all smell so fresh, leave my skin feeling supple, and clean.

Rory's Story Cubes
Rory's Story Cubes
Price: $8.02
83 used & new from $3.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game family game EVER!, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes (Toy)
We absolutely love Rory's Story Cubes! Hands down the best Christmas gift ever bought/received. We're a very imaginative family and I love the creativity this game brings about. My 9 year old son writes/draws his own graphic novels based upon imagination and this game now inspires some of his written/drawn adventures. He even asks if we can play a couple of rounds of this game as part of our nightly story/bedtime routine. 10 out of 5 stars from this family!

VIZIO S3820W-C0 38-inch 2.0 Home Theater Sound Bar with Integrated Deep Bass
VIZIO S3820W-C0 38-inch 2.0 Home Theater Sound Bar with Integrated Deep Bass
Offered by WE CAN (No tax anywhere)
Price: $149.88
9 used & new from $72.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, January 29, 2014
I'm not a tech savvy person so I can't leave a detailed review. What I can say is we went from a Pioneer surround sound system (subwoofer w/5 separate speakers) down to this and VIZIO's S3820w-C0 38-inch 2.0 Home Theater Sound Bar works as well, if not better than the surround sound system. Although we don't have the various sound channel choices it still comes through with great clarity and bass. All in all a really good investment especially if it's being compared to the weak built-in TV sound quality.

DURA-GRIP® Heavy Duty 4" Square, 3/8" Thick Non-Slip Rubber (No glue or nails) Furniture Floor Pads, Protectors-Set of 8
Offered by DURA-GRIP Pads
Price: $18.99
5 used & new from $14.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed! No more drifting furniture!, January 29, 2014
In the past I typically bought those felt sticky pads or tack-in protectors to keep things from scratching surfaces in my home. We moved to a new house 3 years ago and it is all hardwood. I have never lived in a home with all hardwood flooring and quickly became annoyed with my "wandering" furniture. I was at my wit's end and felt I had tried everything short of cementing the legs of my living room furniture (not a very practical solution, I'm sure). I was tired of buying endless things at local hardware and box stores only to find they would hinder but not stop my runaway seating. Then, I found Dura-Grip Heavy Duty 4" Square, 1/2" Thick Non-Slip Rubber. I figured this was going to be another shot-in-the-dark but this time I'd be out more money than usual. I was floored (ha!) by the staying power these sturdy little squares provided! I have 3 kids at home that turn my furniture into targets they feel they must fling or flop themselves onto in order to get the proper seating. This action, of course, would send my couch/loveseat sailing across my floor. My husband and his family are not small people (particular member larger than normal aka defensive line football player) so every time they'd sit or get up my furniture could try to creep away - NOT ANYMORE! When these squares arrived, I almost laughed because they seemed wimpy in comparison to other things I'd tried. So, don't judge based upon looks because this is an awesome product. They do not attach to anything so no sticky adhesives or tacks - just place under the furniture and voilà! - no more migrating furniture scratching up the floor!

Harley-Davidson Flame Rider Fireball Fleece Micro Raschel Throw
Harley-Davidson Flame Rider Fireball Fleece Micro Raschel Throw

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're considering it..., December 29, 2011
Buy it! I bought this Harley Blanket for our little boy for Christmas. Its fantastic! The colors are brilliant, it's pretty big for a throw. It's large enough to cover a twin size bed. It is on the thin side but most micro raschel blankets are. They have the thicker borders with thinner blanket material. I was concerned it wouldn't be very warm but my son says it keeps him warm. It is amazingly soft, plush, and snuggly! I wouldn't recommend using this as the only blanket if someone was going to use this on their bed. Although it's warm, if you live in a colder weather climate you'll want additional coverage for overnight warmth. This is perfect for everything else though so give it a try!

Egg Genie Electric Egg Cooker
Egg Genie Electric Egg Cooker
Offered by AUDIO VIDEO EXPRESS
Price: $19.49
10 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally..., May 22, 2011
Finally, an 'As Seen on TV' product that works! I ordered two because, if one worked out, I was going to give the other as a gift at Christmas but may give it early. I can't stand eggs but the rest of my family loves them in any form. I purchased this primarily for making hard boiled eggs so I cannot attest to how the other functions work yet. I dreaded making boiled or deviled eggs because it was so time consuming and I didn't like the smell. So, I was really happy to see a product that might relieve some of my suffering (added for dramatic effect). My husband actually couldn't wait to use it and put it to use one night after I went to bed. He has raved about it every since. I did notice that the yolk was a bit green on the outside but apparently that hasn't altered the taste. So keep that in mind if you're looking for aesthetically pleasing eggs. However, that doesn't matter to us because they're gobbled up before anyone would notice. The shipping was super fast too!

Luna Premium Hypoallergenic Bed Bug Proof Zippered Waterproof Pillow Protector (1) Standard Size - Made In The USA
Offered by First Class Mattress
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, May 17, 2011
I ordered this zippered pillow protector for my son. He has asthma and allergies to everything including dust mites. I placed the order through Amazon on 4-24-11 and received it within 3 or 4 days (awesome shipping!). I have been pleased with the actual product so far. It fits a standard size pillow just fine, maybe a bit big but not terribly so. The outside is like a soft terry cloth and the inner lining is like a very thin, flexible plastic/vinyl. It isn't bad and makes no noise that I've noticed. My son is 6 years old and hasn't complained about noise, sweating, or feeling hot when he sleeps. I wash the pillow protector case in hot water (no chlorine bleach), a little vinegar, and dye/allergy free liquid laundry soap. If it is a bit too wet then I line dry it until it's just damp. Then I toss it in the dryer with other bedding for a few minutes on low heat. I put the protector on the pillow then put a regular pillow case/sham over it. It also has a guarantee which is great! I will be ordering one for all the members of my family and an extra for guests!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product! Thank you!, May 2, 2008
Timely shipping and it was the real thing. Thank you and look forward to ordering from you again.