Profile for Charles > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Charles RSS Feed

Simmons ProSport 12x 50mm Roof-Prism Waterproof/Fogproof Binoculars (Black)
Simmons ProSport 12x 50mm Roof-Prism Waterproof/Fogproof Binoculars (Black)
Price: $70.65
20 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth retail value and more!, November 6, 2013
I have just received these binoculars. I was immediately impressed with the build quality once I opened the package. These binoculars are well built and have a nice solid feel to them, and they fit well into my hands. I had no trouble adjusting the binoculars to suit my close set inter-pupillary distance. These binoculars are very sharp optically, much sharper than I anticipated honestly after reading many of the reviews here, and gave a much better image than my Bushnell PowerView 12X50 binoculars, which also cost $50 several years ago. I will use the Simmons ProSport primarily for birding, and had the chance to test it, comparing to my Bushnell 12X50. The Simmons ProSport 12X50 has a wider and flatter field of view and more eye relief making it much more pleasant to observe with eyeglasses on, which is how I observe. I also had the impression of a bit more magnification than my Bushnell binocular. These are my first roof prism binoculars as well. One other thing I noticed was that it seems much easier to locate any object for viewing with these binoculars as compared to the Bushnell PowerView. I am very pleased with these binoculars and highly recommend them. Now that I have tested them I think they are worth their full retail value.

Panasonic H-FS100300 Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F/4.0-5.6 MEGA O.I.S. Lens
Panasonic H-FS100300 Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F/4.0-5.6 MEGA O.I.S. Lens
Price: $599.99
29 used & new from $399.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed with this lens, March 30, 2011
I have just recently acquired this lens. I also have the Lumix 45-200, and the 14-42mm lenses. This one is by far the best of the three. I have been very impressed with the image sharpness at maximum zoom as well as throughout the focal length range. I am using it with a DMC-G10 primarily for bird photography. Using the 2x digital zoom function on the camera gives an equivalent focal length of 1200mm! This has given me some very sharp images so far, and has exceeded my expectations.

So far I am very pleased with this purchase and highly recommend the lense.