Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Reader" RSS Feed (NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Artisana Raw Organic Cashew Butter - 10.6 oz box (travel packs)
Artisana Raw Organic Cashew Butter - 10.6 oz box (travel packs)
Offered by Avani Organics
Price: $18.99
4 used & new from $15.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, August 22, 2014
I really, really love the convenience of these little packets. At first I thought I'd go through them so quickly that it'd be too expensive. It is expensive, yes, but turns out I hate that initial struggle to stir separated oil back into nut butter, especially after its been refrigerated. Far easier to knead this little packet a bit and, bam!, done. After seeing a shortcut recipe for almond milk which uses almond butter, I think these might work for cashew milk or as the base for a raw ranch dressing. I put one in my purse for when a meal is delayed and, to be perfectly honest, I'm not someone opposed to a Hershey bar for the same purpose but cashew butter is filling and the carb/fat/protein ratio tides me over without turning me into a carb craving monster for the rest of the day. Just wish I could get them on Subscribe & Save.

Kettlebells for 50+: Safe and Customized Programs for Building and Toning Every Muscle
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kettlebell reference, August 22, 2014
To put my review into perspective, this isn't my only kettlebell book. I point that out because it would make an extremely satisfactory 'one and only' reference but it offers no new insights if you already have other options. It does, however, have more photographs than most kettlebell books. I'm not sure a 50+ with severe physical limitations would pick this up as their first book but, if they did, they would be encouraged to see the exercises laid out progressively, meaning they start out with the basic move and show the advanced version as the modification. In most videos and books (for under 50's?) the reverse is true in that the most basic movement is listed as a modification when one is offered at all. Kettlebells for 50+... doesn't condescend to its target audience at all. It assumes we have made a commitment by purchasing it and will get off our bums and start swingin', which I like.

Terrasoul Superfoods Vanilla Bean Powder (Organic), 4-ounce
Terrasoul Superfoods Vanilla Bean Powder (Organic), 4-ounce
Offered by Terrasoul Superfoods

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, natural recipe enhancer, August 20, 2014
This is my first experience with vanilla powder and I would describe its relationship to vanilla extract as being similar to cocoa powder's relationship to chocolate. Its brown, dry, powdery and unsweetened (a good thing). When I add this to yogurt or ice cream I also add an equal amount of sweetener (honey, agave or raw sugar) to bring out the vanilla notes I'm used to and the results are outstanding. The packaging is as shown and is not only heavy weight, it also has a sturdy ziplock for resealing (very thoughtful of Terrasoul). This amount is going to last quite a while so I'm putting a small amount in an empty spice jar for daily use (smoothies, yogurt, ice cream, etc.) and will vacuum seal the rest to preserve the flavor and aroma. My only regret is that it took me this doggone long to discover vanilla powder.

Vibram FiveFingers Women's Bikila Shoes, Color: Sky Blue/Dark Grey/Grey, Size: 40
Offered by Birkenstock of San Diego Stores
Price: $89.95
2 used & new from $79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable once on, August 11, 2014
I waited awhile to review these so I could get past my initial infatuation with them. They are incredibly comfortable once you wrestle them on. I had to buy toe spacers because it was nearly impossible to get my little toe into its proper slot. After only a day of wearing the spacers I had an easier time getting them on but my toes still like to huddle up close to each other so it's a work in progress. These are not, for me, the kind of comfy shoes I can easily slip my feet into before dashing out. They're something I have to prepare for by first getting the toe socks on, then powdering the Five Fingers and then spreading my toes apart as wide as I can, which isn't very. I used the Vibram site to gauge size before ordering here so I'm assuming they're meant to be snug. Amazon has a great return policy so, if I thought they were absolutely too small I'd have taken advantage of that. I suspect they'll stretch with wear so I'm more worried about my toes cooperating than that. I have no rubbing or blisters so it must be how they're designed. I wear Croc flip flops most days or am barefoot in the house and I've always tried to get the lightest and bendiest running and walking shoes I could find and I still wasn't prepared for true barefoot style sneakers. I had enough sense to know I should ease my way into wearing them and thought I did that by going a 'mere' mile outside the first day and had the sorest shins ever for a full week. My bad. Not the fault of the shoe at all. Obviously, padding barefoot around the house is totally different from pounding out a mile on asphalt. Even the lightest sneaker fully supports the foot so I have to develop the patience to build up distance in them on the street. Frankly, they're too much of a pain to put on just for 10 minutes of walking so I've since used them for inside. They're great for the trampoline, yoga, pilates and barre types of exercise because they don't slip. I'd absolutely recommend these to anyone taking those sorts of classes at a gym because they're better (in my opinion) than the grippy socks or exposing one's bare tootsies to a gym floor. The fit gets better over time and, if I can remember to use the toe spacers, I suspect getting them on will be easier as well. I would buy them again.

2Toms Stink Free Spray, 8 ounce bottle
2Toms Stink Free Spray, 8 ounce bottle
Price: $10.00
25 used & new from $8.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, August 11, 2014
This Stink Free Spray works not only on my sandals and shoes but also in my son's sneakers. Good stuff.

Libbey Just Baking Glass Cupcake Set, 24 piece
Libbey Just Baking Glass Cupcake Set, 24 piece
Offered by The Houseware Shoppe
Price: $27.75
6 used & new from $27.75

5.0 out of 5 stars They're great for condiments, August 11, 2014
Haven't made a single cupcake with these but use them daily for more things than I can list. They're great for condiments, leftovers, ice cream, nuts, berries, etc. and fit well into a lunch bag.

ChicWrap Triangles Wrap Box 9905
ChicWrap Triangles Wrap Box 9905
Offered by Bifoli Home
Price: $12.49
12 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, practical and sturdy, August 11, 2014
Plastic wrap boxes have always fallen apart before the end of the roll so when I saw this on a home decor website I had to have it and, of course, Amazon Prime made it happen. The Wrap Box is made of cardboard, as another reviewer noted, but it's not the packing box grade of cardboard. It's very thick and sturdy and is coated so, unless I set it in a sink of water or other substantial puddle of liquid, I have no concerns about it falling apart. Being cardboard means it's light enough to pick up and maneuver the wrap before cutting. It comes with a huge role of plastic wrap and tiny acrylic feet to put on the bottom to raise it above the counter a pinch. The little slide doo-hickey has worked every time and without loosing the end of the paper.

The Bouncin' Circuit - Mini Trampoline Workout
The Bouncin' Circuit - Mini Trampoline Workout
DVD
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout, August 3, 2014
This workout was thoughtfully put together and alternates exercises on the trampoline with ones done off. I don't enjoy this type of on/off but those who don't find this disconcerting will enjoy it.

Fruit of the Loom Women's 2 pack Crisscross Sports Bra, Neon Pink/White/Black Hue/Hot Lime, Size 34
Price: $19.00
2 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The usual sports bra at a great price, August 3, 2014
Got these for working out at home and do not regret the purchase. I wouldn't wear them to replace a non-sports bra because they are, obviously, of the 'squish 'em down style of restraint. The fit is snug, which is usual for these types of bras, but there is no riding or up binding.

Dried Pitted Dates, 5LB - Sincerely Nuts
Dried Pitted Dates, 5LB - Sincerely Nuts
Offered by SincerelyNuts®
Price: $26.99
3 used & new from $16.90

5.0 out of 5 stars ... pictured and using these dates in recipes has produced great results. Was pleasantly surprised to see all are ..., August 3, 2014
The packaging and content are exactly as pictured and using these dates in recipes has produced great results. Was pleasantly surprised to see all are whole and juicy (no duds!). I will be comfortable ordering from this vendor again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5